IndiaDivine.org

SRI SAI SATCHARITRA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

DEAR DEVOTEES,

OM SAI RAM.

I AM FORWARDING THE SAYINGS AND TEACHINGS OF SHIRIDI SAI BABA FROM 35 CHAPTERS OF SRI SAI SATCHARTIRA.THOSE OF YOU WHO DID NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS HOLY BOOK,PLEASE I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU GO THROUGH THIS PAGE TILL THE END AND BENEFIT YOURSELF OF THE SAME.TO CONCLUDE WITHOUT SAI'S WILL ONE CANNOT READ THIS BOOK AND IF AN OPPORTUNITY COMES YOUR WAY ,THEN IT IS DEFINITELY THE DIVINE BLESSINGS OF BABA.

BOW TO SHRI SAI,PEACE BE TO ALL.

Regards,

Shri Sai Satcharitr

Chapter I

·

SURE TO BE SAVED A PART FROM THE MEANING WHICH THE PEOPLE of SHIRDI PUT on this INCIDENT OF GRINDING WHEAT, THERE IS, WE THINK, a PHILOSOPHICAL SIGNIFICANCE TOO. Sai BABA LIVED in SHIRDI FOR ABOUT SIXTY YEARS AND DURING THIS LONG period, HE DID THE BUSINESS OF GRINDING ALMOST EVERY DAY - NOT, HOWEVER, THE WHEAT ALONE; BUT THE SINS, THE MENTAL AND PHYSICAL AFFLICATIONS AND THE MISERIES OF HIS INNUMERABLE DEVOTEES. THE TWO STONES OF HIS MILL CONSISTED OF KARMA AND BHAKTI THE FORMER BEING THE LOWER AND THE latter THE UPPER one. THE HANDLE, WITH WHICH BABA WORKED THE MILL CONSISTED OF JNANA, IT WAS THE FIRM CONVICTION OF BABA THAT KNOWLEDGE OR SELF-REALIZATION IS NOT POSSIBLE, UNLESS THERE IS THE PRIOR ACT OF GRINDING OF ALL OUR IMPULSES, DESIRES, SINS; AND OF THE THREE GUNAS, VIZ. Sattva, RAJA AND TAMA; AND THE AHAMKARA, WHICH IS SO SUBTLE AND THEREFORE, SO DIFFICULT TO GET RID OF.

·

" DO NOT BE AFRAID; HOLD FAST TO THE HANDLE OF KNOWLEDGE OF THIS MILL.

·

AS I DO, AND DO NOT WANDER FAR AWAY FROM THE SAME BUT TURN INWARD TO THE CENTER, AND YOU are.

Bow to Shri Sai -- Peace be to all

Chapter II

· The life of the saint is neither logical nor dialectical. It shows us the true and great path.

· The answer is plain and simple. The life of Sai Baba is as wide and deep as the infinite ocean; and all can dive deep into the same and take out precious gems (of knowledge and Bhakti), and distribute them to the aspiring public. The stories, parables, and teachings of Sai Baba are very wonderful. They will give peace and happiness to the people, who are afflicted with sorrows and heavily loaded with miseries of this worldly existence, and also bestow knowledge and wisdom, both in the worldly and in spiritual domains. If these teachings of Sai Baba, which are as interesting and instructive as the Vedic lore, are listened to and meditated upon, the devotees will get, what they long for, viz., union with Brahman, mastery in eight-fold Yoga, Bliss of meditation etc. Hearing my stories and teachings will create faith in devotees' hearts and they will easily get self - realization and Bliss.

· It is by the merit of actions in many past births that such darshan is got, and if only you see Sai Baba, really all the world becomes or assumes the form of Sai Baba.

· " Whatever is bound to happen must happen; even great men have failed, man proposes one way, but God disposes the other (contrary) way. Brush aside your cleverness; pride or egoism won't help you. " it is egoism which breeds discussion

· What can a GURU do to a man?

· " The guide will take you straight to your destination, avoiding wolves, tigers and ditches etc. on the way. If there be no guide, there is the danger of your being lost in the jungles or falling into ditches. "

· Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter III

· " If a man utters my name with love, I shall fulfill all his wishes, increase his devotion. In addition, if he sings earnestly my life and my deeds, him I shall beset in front and back and on all sides. Those devotees, who are attached to my heart, soul, and me, will naturally feel happiness, when they hear these stories. Believe me that if anybody sings My Leelas, I will give him infinite joy and everlasting contentment. It is My special characteristic to free any person, who surrenders completely to Me, and who does worship Me faithfully, and who remembers Me, and meditates on Me constantly. How can they be conscious of worldly objects and sensations, who utter My name, who worship Me, who think of My stories and My life and who thus always remember Me? I shall draw out my devotees from the jaws of Death. If my stories are listened, all the diseases will be got rid of. So, hear my stories with respect; and think and meditate on them, assimilate them.

· The simple remembrance of my name as 'Sai, Sai' will do away with sins of speech and hearing Speech and hearing.

· The description of Baba's pure fame, and the hearing of the same, with love, will destroy the sins of the devotee and, therefore, this is the simple Sadhana for attaining salvation.

· " Be wherever you like, do whatever you choose, remember this well that all what you do is known to me. I am the Inner Ruler of all, seated in their hearts. I Envelope all creatures, movable, and the immovable in the world. I am the Controller - the wirepuller of the show of this Universe. I am the mother - origin of all beings - the Harmony of three Gunas, the propeller of all senses, the Creator, Preserver and Destroyer. Nothing will harm him, who turns his attention towards me, but Maya will lash or whip him who forgets me. All the insects, ants, the visible, movable and immovable world, are My Body or Form " .

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter IV

· When spiritual preceptors are not respected but humiliated, when nobody cares for religious instructions, when every body thinks himself very learned, when people begin to partake of forbidden foods and intoxicating drinks, when under the cloak of religion, people indulge in malpractices, when people belonging to different sects fight amongst themselves, when Brahmins fail to do Sandhya adoration, and the orthodox their religious practices, when Yogis neglect their meditation, when people begin to think that wealth, progeny, wife are their sole concern, and thus turn away from the true path of salvation, then do Saints appear and try to set matters right by their words and action.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter V

· BABA always said " Poverty is better than Kingship, far better than Lordship. The Lord is always brother (befriended) the poor.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter VI

· The word Sadguru brings to mind Sai Baba. He appears to me, as if standing before me, and applying Udi (scared ashes) to my forehead and placing his hand of blessing on my head. Wonderful is the power of the touch of Guru's hand. The subtle-body (consisting of thoughts and desires), which cannot be burnt by the world dissolving fire, is destroyed by the mere touch of the Guru's hand, and the sins of many past births are cleaned and washed away. Even the speech of those, whose heads feel annoyed when they hear religious and Godly talks, attains calmness.

· If any one prostrates before Sai and surrenders heart and soul to Him, then unsolicited, all the chief objects of life viz. Dharma (righteousness), Artha (wealth), Kama (Desire) and Moksha (Deliverance), are easily and unsolicitedly attained. Four paths, viz., of Karma, Jnana, Yoga and Bhakti lead us separately to God.

· " There will never be any dearth or scarcity, regarding food and clothes, in any devotees' homes. It is my special characteristic, that I always look to, and provide, for the welfare of those devotees, who worship Me whole-heartedly with their minds ever fixed on Me. Lord Krishna has also said the same in the Gita.

· Therefore, strive not much for food and clothes. If you want anything, beg of the Lord, leave worldly honors, try to get Lord's grace and blessings, and be honored in His Court.

· Bow to Shri Sai Baba - Peace be to all

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter VII

· Saints suffer pains for their devotees. The mind of the saints is softer than wax, it is soft, in and out, as butter. They love their devotees without any idea of gain, and regard them as their true relatives.

· Bow it Shri Sai -- Peace be to all

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter VIII

· I n this wonderful universe, God has created billions (84 lacks according to Hindusastra calculation) of creatures or beings (including Gods, demigods, insects, beasts and men) inhabiting heaven, hell, earth, ocean, sky and other intermediate regions.

· With all earnestness and speed, we should strive to attain our end, i.e., self-realization. Casting aside sloth and laziness, warding off drowsiness, we should day and night meditate on the Self. If we fail to do this, we reduce ourselves to the level of beasts.

· Devotees who acted according to Baba's instructions (re: their departure) which were given by him at the time of taking His leave fared well, while those who disregarded them suffered many a mishap and accident.

· Bow to Shri Sai-- Peace to be all

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter IX

· O ne special peculiarity of Shirdi-pilgrimage was this, that none could leave Shirdi, without Baba's permission; and if he did, he invited untold sufferings, but if any one was asked to quit Shirdi, he could stay there no longer. Baba gave certain suggestions or hints, when Bhaktas went to bid good-bye and take leave. These suggestions had to be followed. If they were not followed or were departed from, accidents were sure to befall them.

· Whosoever devoutly offers to me a leaf, a flower, or a fruit or water, of that pure-hearted man, I accept that pious offering. "

· " The dog which you saw before meals and to which you gave the piece of bread is, one with me, so also other creatures (cats, pigs, flies, cows etc.) Is one with me? I am roaming in their forms. He, who sees me in all these creatures, is my beloved. So abandon the sense of duality and distinction, and serve me.

· " S

ee God in all beings "

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter X

· Remember Him (Sai Baba) always with love, for He was engrossed in doing good to all, and always abided in His Self. To remember Him only is to solve the riddle of life and death. This is the best and easiest of Sadhanas, as it involves no expenditure.

· Guru is the only God. If we believe in Sad-guru's holy feet, he can change our fortune for the better. If we serve Him nicely, we get rid of our Samsar. We need not study any philosophy like the Nyaya and the Mimansa. If we make Him our Helmsman, we can easily cross over the sea of all our pains and sorrows. As we trust the helmsman in crossing rivers and seas, so we have to trust our Sadguru in getting over the ocean of worldly existence.

· Baba had all the eight Siddhis (powers) at His command. He never practiced nor craved for them. They came to Him naturally, as a result of His perfection.

· N one knew or knows the parents and exact birth-date of Sai Baba; but His stay in Shirdi can approximately determine it. Baba first came to Shirdi, when he was a young lad of sixteen and stayed there for three years.

· He reappeared in the Nizam state near Aurangabad, and again came to Shirdi with the marriage-party of Chand Patil, when He was twenty years old. Since then, He stayed in Shirdi continuously for a period of sixty years, after which Baba took His Maha-Samadhi in the year 1918. From this we can say that the year of Baba's birth is approximately 1838 A.D.

· Join hands and bring both the communities together, act sanely and thus you will gain your object of national unity. It is not good to dispute and argue. So don't argue, don't emulate others.

· Yoga, sacrifice, penance, and knowledge are the means to attain God.

· " If any one does any evil unto you, to do not retaliate. If you can do anything, do some good unto other. "

· If anybody went to take His darshana, he, without being asked, would give every detail of his past, present and future life. He saw Divinity in all beings. Friends and foes were alike to Him. Disinterested and equal-balanced, He obliged the evildoers. He was the same in prosperity and adversity. No doubt, ever touched Him. Though He possessed the human body, He was not in the least attached to His body or house. Though He looked embodied, He was really disembodied, i.e., free in this every life.

· " Slave of slaves I am your debtor, I am satisfied at your darshan. It is a great favor that I saw your feet. I am an insect in your excreta. I consider myself blessed thereby " . What humility is this?

· Though Sai Baba acted outwardly like an ordinary man, His actions showed extraordinary intelligence and skill. Whatever He did, was done for the good of His devotees. He never prescribed any asan, regulation of breathing or any rites to His Bhaktas, nor did He blow any mantra into their ears. He told them to leave off all cleverness and always remember " Sai " " Sai " . " If you did that, " He said, " all your shackles would be removed and you would be free " .

· The function of the mind is to think; it cannot remain for a minute without thinking.

· With God's grace everything is smooth and easy.

· The importance of the company of Saints is very great. It removes our body-consciousness and egoism, destroys completely the chain of our birth and death, cuts asunder all the knots of the heart, and takes us to God, Who is pure Consciousness. It certainly increases our non-attachment to sense-objects, and makes us quite indifferent to pleasures and pains, and leads us on the spiritual path. If you have no other Sadhana, such as uttering God's name, worship or devotion etc., but if you take refuge in them (Saints) whole-heartedly, they will carry you off safety across the ocean of worldly existence.

· Bow to Shri Sai -- Peace be to all

· `Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XI

· Some say that Sai was a Bhagwad-bhakta (devotee of the Lord); others say He was a Maha-Bhagwat (a great devotee), but to us He is God Incarnate. He was extremely forgiving, never irritable, straight, soft, tolerant and content beyond comparison.

· Lord Krishna has said that 'the Saint is my soul, my living image, I am He or He is my pure form (Being).' This in-describable Shakti or Power of God, known as Pure Existence, Knowledge and Bliss, incarnated in the form of Sai in Shirdi. The Shruti (Taitiriya Upanishad) describes Brahman.

· He, the slave of His devotees, always stood by them, and responded to them, whenever they called upon Him, and that He always longed for their love.

· This is our Sai, an Incarnation of God. He will bless any man who will prostrate and surrender himself to Him. He, who will read the stories of this Chapter daily with faith and devotion, will soon be free from all calamities; not only this, but always attached and devoted to Sai, he will get very soon God-vision: all his desires will be fulfilled and being ultimately desire less, he will attain the Supreme. Amen! .

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XII

· The mission of the Saints is quite different. To them the good and the wicked are the same. First they feel for the evildoers and set them on the right path.

· Foes and friends, kings and paupers, were the same to Him.

· He spent His stock of merits and was ever alert to help them. But the devotees could never approach Him, unless He meant to receive them. If their turn did not come, Baba did not remember them, and His Leelas could not reach their ears. Then, how could they think of seeing Him?

· There are many such persons, whose desire for Baba's darshan was not thus satisfied. If these persons, believing in Him, listen to His Leelas, their quest for milk (darshan) will be, to a great extent, satisfied by the butter-milk (Leelas).

· If some persons went there by sheer luck and took Baba's darshan, were they able to stay there longer? No. Nobody could go there of his own accord, and nobody could stay there long even if he so wished. They could stay there, so long as Baba permitted them to stay, and had to leave the place when asked to do so by Baba; so everything depended of Baba's will. We should have firm faith in our Guru and nowhere else.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XIII

· Lord Shri Krishna has said to Uddhava in the Bhagwat that the Saints are His living forms.

· " Those who are fortunate and whose demerits have vanished; take to my worship. If you always say 'Sai, Sai' I shall take you over the seven seas; believe in these words, and you will be certainly benefited. I do not need any paraphernalia of worship - either eight-fold or sixteen-fold. I rest there where there is full devotion " .

· It is a well-known fact that, when our circumstances are well off, we do not remember God, but when calamities and adversities overtake us; we are reminded of Him.

· However, oppressed and troubled one may be as soon as he steps into the Masjid, he is on the pathway to happiness.

· Shri Sai Satcharitritra

· Chapter XIV

· His object may be that people should live happily in this world, but they should be ever cautious and gain the object of their life, viz. self-realization. We get human body as a result of merits in past births and it is worthwhile that with its aid, we should attain devotion and liberation in this life. So we should never be lazy, but always be on the alert to gain our end and aim of life.

· If you daily hear the Leelas (stories) of Sai, you will always see Him. Day and night you will remember Him in your mind, when you assimilate Sai in this way, your mind will lose its fickleness and if you go on in this manner, it will finally be merged in pure Consciousness.

· Give with faith and magnanimity.

· Baba extracted Dakshina from them; but there was this peculiarity, as Baba said, that He had to give back hundred times more of what He received.

· In short, Baba's main object in taking Dakshina, from His devotees was to teach them the lessons of Renunciation and Purification.

· " Baba never got angry with those from whom He asked Dakshina, and who did not give it. If any Dakshina was sent, through some friend, who forgot to hand over the same to Baba, He reminded him somehow of it and made him pay it.

· If they stood these two tests well, i.e. if they showed that they were free from attachment for woman and wealth, their progress in spirituality was rapid and assured by Baba's grace and blessings.

· Charity given in a holy place and to a holy personage conduces to the donors' welfare to a great degree. What is more holy than Shirdi and its Presiding Deity -- Sai Baba?

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XV

" If you spread your palms with devotion before Me, I am immediately with you, day and night. Though, I am here bodily, still I know what you do; beyond the seven seas. Go wherever you will, over the wide world, I am with you. My abode is in your heart and I am within you. Always worship Me, Who is seated in your heart, as well as, in the hearts of all beings, blessed and fortunate, indeed, is he who knows me thus. "

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapters XVI & XVII

· He would accept with appreciation any small thing offered with love and devotion, but if the same thing were offered with pride and haughtiness, He would reject it.

· In fact there is no person more liberal and benevolent than a Sadguru, like Sai Baba.

· Sadguru gives us the most precious thing that is inconceivable and inscrutable (The reality).

· For seeing Brahman one has to give five things, i.e. surrender five things viz. (1) Five Pranas (vital forces), (2) Five senses (five of action and five of perception), (3) mind, (4) intellect and (5) ego. This path of Brahma-Jnana of self-realization is 'as hard as to tread on the edge of a razor'

· The illusion of attachment or the love for money is a deep eddy (whirlpool) of pain full of crocodiles in the form of conceit and jealousy. He, who is desire less, can alone cross this whirlpool. Greed and Brahma are as poles asunder; they are eternally opposed to each other. Where there is greed, there is no room for thought or meditation of the Brahma.

· For a greedy man there is no peace, neither contentment, nor certainty (steadiness). If there be even a little trace of greed in mind, all the Sadhanas (spiritual endeavors) are of no avail. Even the knowledge of a well-read man, who is not free from the desire of the fruit or reward of his actions, and who has got no disgust for the same, is useless and can't help him in getting self-realization.

· My treasury is full, and I can give anyone, what he wants, but I have to see whether he is qualified to receive what I give. If you listen to me carefully, you will be certainly benefited. Sitting in this Masjid, I never speak any untruth. "

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapters XVII & XIX

· Sad-gurus like Sai Baba open our (eyes of the) intellect and show us the divine beauties of the Self, and fulfill our tender longings of devotion.

· Man does not generally think of God, but when difficulties and calamities overtake him, he turns to Him and prays for relief. If his evil actions have come to an end, God arranges his meeting with a Saint, who gives him proper directions regarding his welfare.

· As a devotee is resolute and determined, so is Baba's immediate response. Sometimes Baba puts the devotees to severe test; and then gives them 'Upadesh' (instructions).

· This Saburi will ferry you across the sea of this mundane existence. Saburi is manliness in man, it removes all sins and afflictions, gets rid of calamities in various ways, and casts aside all fear, and ultimately gives you success.

· Do not try to get Mantra or Upadesh from anybody. Make me the sole object of your thoughts and actions; and you will, no doubt, attain Paramartha (the spiritual goal of life). Look at me whole-heartedly, and I in turn look at you similarly. Sitting in this Masjid, I speak the truth, nothing but the truth. No Sadhanas, nor proficiency in the six Shastras, are necessary. Have faith and confidence in your Guru. Believe fully, that Guru is the sole Actor or Doer. Blessed is he who knows the greatness of his Guru and thinks him to be Hari, Hara and Brahma (Trimurti) Incarnate well, this one story. To get the knowledge (realization) of the Self, Dhyana (meditation) is necessary. If you practice it continuously, the Vrittis (thoughts) will be pacified. Being quite desire less, you should meditate on the Lord, Who is in all the creatures, and when the mind is concentrated, the goal will be achieved.

· Meditate on My Form from top to toe as you see here night and day. As you go on doing this, your Vrittis will concentrate on one point and the distinction between the Dhyata (meditator), Dhyana (act of meditation), Dhyeya (this meditated upon) will be lost and the meditator will be one with the Consciousness and be merged in the Brahman.

· If any men or creatures come to you, do not discourteously drive them away, but receive them well and treat them, with due respect. Shri Hari (God) will be certainly pleased, if you give water to the thirsty, bread to the hungry, clothes to the naked, and your verandah to strangers for sitting and resting. If anybody wants any money from you, and you are not inclined to give, do not give, but do not bark at him, like a dog. Let anybody speak hundreds of things against you, do not resent by giving any bitter reply. If you always tolerate such things, you will certainly be happy. Let the world go topsy-turvy, you remain where you are. Standing or staying in your own place, look on calmly at the show of all things passing before you. Demolish the wall of difference that separates you from me.

· You have to surrender yourself completely to Him with love, and devotion, and they you will see how, He helps you, off and on, in so many things.

· Scandalmonger has got a way of his own. He removes the dirt (faults) of others by his tongue; so in a way of obliges the person, whom he reviles and for this he is to be thanked.

· " After performing many deeds of merit, you are born a man, and if you act like this, will Shirdi help you in any way? "

· Baba said that He was omnipresent, occupying land, air, country, world, light and heaven, and that He was not limited.

· If any devotee meditated on Him day and night with complete self-surrender, he experienced complete union (without any difference) with Him like sweetness and sugar, waves and sea, eye and its luster.

· He, who wants to get rid of the cycle of births and deaths, should lead a righteous life, with his mind calm and composed. He should always engage himself in good actions, should do his duties and surrender himself, heart and soul to Him.

· To one addicted to drink, He appeared in his dream, sat on his chest, pressed it and left him, after he gave a promise not to touch liquor anymore.

· Nobody should take the labour of others, in vain. The worker should be paid, his dues promptly and liberally.

· Shri Sai Satcharita

· Chapter XX

· You can visualize and enjoy them. Now bringing Sai before our mental vision, let us meditate on Him, from His Feet upwards to His face, and prostrating before Him humbly and reverentially.

· All our feelings of pain and pleasure depend upon the attitude of our mind.

· A man ought to enjoy whatever God has bestowed on him in the firm conviction that He besets every thing, from behind and before, and on all sides and that whatever is bestowed on him by God must be for his good.

· Contentment with one's own lot in the belief that whatever happens, is ordained by God, and is ultimately good for us.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXI

· I t is a general rule, that it is our good luck in the form of accumulation of merits in past births, which enables us to seek the company of Saints and profit thereby.

· Mere reading won't do. You have to think and carry out what you read, otherwise, it is of no use. Mere book-learning, without the grace of the Guru, and self-realization is of no avail " .

· Let a man be far or near, he cannot avoid the all-pervading gaze of Sai Baba

· Never speak ill of others, nor unnecessarily criticize them.

· Sai Baba's greatness is unfathomable, so are His wonderful Leelas. His life is also such; for He is Para-Brahman (Lord God) incarnate.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXII

· Look at Baba's posture, how fine it is! He is sitting with His legs folded, the right leg held across the left knee. The fingers of His left hand are spread on the right-foot. On the right toe are spread His two fingers-the index and middle ones. By this posture Baba means to say, as it were-if you want to see My Light, be ego less and most humble and meditate on My toe through the opening between the two branches-index and middle fingers-and then you will be able to see My Light. This is the easiest means of attaining devotion.

· " This is our Dwarakamayi, where you are sitting. She wards off all dangers and anxieties of the children, who sit on her lap. This Masjidmayi (its presiding Deity) is very merciful, she is the mother of the simple devotees, whom she will save in calamities. Once a person sits on her lap, all his troubles are over. He, who rests in her shade, gets Bliss " .

· " We should mean well and do well. Whatever is destined to happen, will happen " .

· " God lives in all beings and creatures, whether they be serpents or scorpions. He is the Great Wire puller of the world, and all beings, serpents, scorpions etc., obey His command. Unless He wills it, nobody can do any harm to others. The world is all -dependent on Him, and no one is independent.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXIII

· The only way of deliverance is Loving Devotion towards the Guru's feet. The great Player or Actor Lord Sai has delighted His Bhaktas and transformed them into Himself (His nature).

· We regard Sai Baba as an incarnation of God for reasons already stated, but He always said that He was an obedient servant of God.

· None He disregarded or disrespected; for He saw Narayan (Lord) in all beings, He never said, " I am God, " but that He was a humble servant and He always remembered Him and always uttered - " Allah Malik " (God is the sole proprietor or Owner).

· The disciples should have firm faith, backed up by intelligence and if they and patience to these, their spiritual goal will not be distant.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXIV

· Unless, we surrender our ego to the feet of our Sad-guru, we will not succeed in our undertaking. If we become ego less, then our success is assured.

· By worshipping Sai Baba, we attain both the objects, worldly and spiritual, and are fixed in our true Nature, and get peace and happiness. Therefore, those who want to gain their welfare should respectfully hear Sai Baba's Leelas or stories and meditate on them. If they do this, they will easily attain the object of their life and get Bliss.

· He has advised us that before the senses, mind and intellect enjoy their objects, he should first be remembered, and if this were done, it is in a way an offering to Him. The senses etc. can never remain without their objects, but if those objects are first offered to the Guru, the attachment for them will naturally vanish. In this way, all the Vrittis (thoughts) regarding Desire, Anger, Avarice etc. should first be offered and directed to the Guru and if this practice were followed, the Lord will help you in eradicating all the Vrittis. When before enjoyment of the objects, you think that Baba is close by, the question whether the object is fit to be enjoyed or not will at once arise. Then the object that is not fit to be enjoyed will be shunned and in this way our vicious habits or vices will disappear and our character will improve. Then love for the Guru will grow and pure knowledge will sprout up. When this knowledge grows, the bondage of body - consciousness (we are the body) will snap and our intellect will be merged in spirit-consciousness (we are the spirit). Then we shall get Bliss and contentment. There is no difference between Guru and God. He, who sees any difference in them, sees God nowhere. So leaving aside all ideas of difference, we should regard Guru and God as one, and if we serve our Guru as stated above, Lord (God) will be certainly pleased and purifying our minds He will give us self-realization. To put the matter in a nutshell, we should not enjoy any object with our senses etc. without first remembering our Guru. When the mind is trained in this way, we will be always reminded of Baba, and our meditation on Baba will grow apace. The Sagun Form of Baba will ever be before our eyes and then devotion, non-attachment and salvation will all be ours. When Baba's Form is thus fixed before our mental vision, we forget hunger, thirst, and this samsar; the consciousness of worldly pleasures will disappear and our mind shall attain peace and happiness.

· The Shruti also emphasizes this lesson, and asks us to offer things first to God and then enjoy them after he renounces them.

· They should not meddle with anybody but allow him to serve Baba as they choose; He was capable to gauge the merits and worth of the service rendered unto Him.

· Sri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXV

· Sai Baba is always full of mercy. What is wanted on our part is whole-hearted devotion to Him. When a devotee has got firm faith and devotion, his wishes are soon fulfilled.

· You have this Satcharita, which is a Somakant jewel, from which nectar in the form of Sai Leelas oozes out for the readers to drink to their hearts' content.

· Whenever, a devotee had complete and whole-hearted devotion to Sai Baba, all his calamities and dangers were warded off and his welfare attended to by Baba.

· Baba's speech established its efficacy or greatness while He was living in the flesh, but wonder of wonders! It did the same even after His passing away. Baba said - " Believe Me, though I pass away, my bones in my tomb will give you hope and confidence. Not only myself but also my tomb would be speaking, moving and communicating with those who would surrender themselves whole-heartedly to Me. Do not be anxious that I would be absent from you. You will hear my bones speaking and discussing your welfare. But remember me always, believe in me heart and soul and then you will be most benefited.

· Destroy completely our tendency for discussions and other evil matters, let out tongue get a passion for chanting your name. Drive out our thoughts, good or otherwise and make us forget our bodies and houses, and do away with our egoism. Make us ever remember your name and forget all other things. Remove the restlessness of our mind, and make it steady and calm. If you just clasp us, the darkness of night of our ignorance will vanish and we shall live happily in your light. That you made us drink the nectar of Your Leelas and awakened us from our slumber is due to your grace and our store of merits in past births " .

· He would be with me when and wherever I thought of Him. That promise He had kept up before 1918 and has been keeping up after 1918. He is still with me. He is still guiding me.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXVI

· " Introvert our mind, turn it inward, give us discrimination between the Unreal and the Real and non-attachment for all worldly things and thus enable us to get Self-realization. We surrender our body, soul and ourselves (body-consciousness and ego). Make our eyes yours, so that we should never feel pleasure and pain. Control our body and mind as you will and wish. Let our mind get rest in Your Feet " .

· " Come what may, leave not, but stick to your Bolster (support, i.e. Guru) and ever remain steady, always at-one-meant (in union) with him. "

· Like Gods, Saints are always dependent on their devotees who surrender and worship them with their heart and soul.

· " You must enjoy the fruit - good or bad - of you're past actions; if the enjoyment be incomplete, suicide won't help you. You have to take another birth and suffer again; so instead of killing yourself, why not suffer for some time and finish up your store of the fruit of your past deeds and be done with it once and for all? "

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXVII

· The efficacy of God's Name is well known. It saves us from all sins and bad tendencies, frees us from the cycle of births and deaths. There is no easier sadhana than this. It is the best purifier of our mind. It requires no paraphernalia and no restrictions. It is so easy and so effective.

· Books can be had in plenty for money, but not men; think well and be considerate .

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXVIII

· Let His man (Devotee) be at any distance, a thousand koss away from Him, he will be drawn to Shirdi like a sparrow, with a thread tied to its feet. This Chapter describes the stories of three such sparrows.

· It is always the experience of the Bhaktas that God always helps them in their search for Sad-guru and other spiritual endeavors.

· Everything we should see with our own eyes; where is the necessity to question others?

· Baba never liked people to run into debt for taking His darshan, or celebrating any holiday or making any pilgrimage.

· " I require no door to enter. I have neither form nor any extension; I always live everywhere. I carry on, as a wirepuller, all the actions of the man who trusts me and merges in me.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXIX

· It is to be noted here that doubts and difficulties surround us just to move us and confirm our faith. We are tested as it were. If we only hold on steadily to Baba with full faith and continue our endeavors, our efforts will be ultimately crowned with success.

· Baba always encouraged good thoughts, and as he wished intently, Baba fulfilled the same accordingly .

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXX

· B ow to the Kind Sai Who is the Abode of Mercy and who is affectionate towards His devotees. By His mere darshan, He does away with their fear of this 'bhava' (samsar) and destroys their calamities

· Those who take refuge in His Feet have all their sins destroyed and their progress is certain.

· Sai knows fully the desire of His devotees and fulfills the same. Hence they get what they want and are grateful. So we invoke Him and prostrate ourselves before Him. Forgetting all our faults let Him free us from all anxieties. He who being overcome with calamities remembers and prays Sai thus, will get his mind calmed and pacified through His grace.

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXXI

· Do your duty leaving all attachment with the things of this world and next. He who does this and surrender himself to the feet of HARI (lord) will get free from all his troubles and attain bliss. The Lord runs and helps, who remembers and meditates on him with love and affection .

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXXII

· " Let us do our prescribed duty and surrender our body, mind and five pranas (life) to the Guru's feet. Guru is God, all pervading. To get this conviction, strong unbounded faith is necessary. "

· Do not discard offers of food; served dish should not be thrust away. Offers of bread and food should be regarded as auspicious signs of success. "

· B aba never fasted Himself, nor did He allow others to do so. The mind of the faster is never at ease, then how could he attain his Paramartha (goal of life)? God is not attained on an empty stomach; first the soul has to be appeased. If there is no moisture of food in the stomach and nutrition, with what eyes should we see God, with what tongue should we describe His greatness and with what ears should we hear the same? In short, when all our organs get their proper nutrition and are sound, we can practice devotion and other sadhanas to attain God. Therefore, neither fasting nor overeating is good. Moderation in diet is really wholesome both to the body and mind.

· My Sircar says " Take, take, " but everybody comes to me and says 'Give, give.' Nobody attends carefully to the meaning of what I say. My Sircar's treasury, (spiritual wealth) is full, it is overflowing. I say, " Dig out and take away this wealth in cartloads, the blessed son of a true mother should fill himself with this wealth.

· He who does anything (spiritual endeavor) will reap its fruit and he who remembers these words of mine will get invaluable happiness. "

· Bow to Shri Sai - Peace

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXXIII

· Let us bow now before the great saints. Their merciful glances will destroy mountains of sins and do away with all the evil taints of our character. Their casual talk gives us good teachings and confers on us imperishable happiness. Their minds do not know any difference such as 'This is ours and that is yours.' Such differentiation never arises in their minds. Their debts (obligations) will never be repaid by us in this birth as well as in future birth.

· Baba taught by His Udi that all the visible phenomena in the universe are as transient as the ash.

· No one in this world, be he a son, father or wife, is really ours. We come here (in this world) alone and we have to go out alone.

· (Udi) taught us discrimination and the latter (Dakshina) taught us non-attachment. So those who are fortune enough to get Baba's Udi should, after bath, apply it on the forehead and take some little of it mixed with water in the mouth as holy Tirth. Bow to Shri Sai - Peace be to all

· Shri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXXIV

· " Those who resort to this Masjid shall never suffer anything in this life and to the end of time.

· Believe in God. This is no Masjid, but Dwarkamai, He who steps here will soon get health and happiness and his sufferings will come to an end " .

· Our Karma is the cause of our happiness and sorrow; therefore put up with whatever comes to you. Allah, (God) is the sole Dispenser and Protector, always think of Him.

· Though I do nothing, they hold me responsible for the actions, which take place on account of Adrista (destiny). I am only their witness. The Lord is the sole Doer and Inspirer. He is also most merciful. Neither I am God nor Lord. I am His obedient servant and remember Him often. He, who casts aside his egoism, thanks Him and he, who trusts Him entirely, will have his shackles removed and will obtain liberation " . Bow to Shri Sai - Peace

· Sri Sai Satcharitra

· Chapter XXXV

· If I take one rupee as Dakshina from anybody I have to return it tenfold to him. I never take anything gratis. I never ask any one indiscriminately. I only ask and take from him whom the Fakir (My Guru) points out. If any one is indebted formerly to the Fakir money is received from him. The donor gives, i.e. sows his seeds, only to reap a rich harvest in future. Give one and receive tenfold " .

Bow to Shri Sai - Peace

-- S.Ranjeeth Kumar -- S.Ranjeeth Kumar -- S.Ranjeeth

Kumar -- S.Ranjeeth Kumar -- S.Ranjeeth Kumar -- S.Ranjeeth Kumar

-- S.Ranjeeth Kumar