IndiaDivine.org

The Female God: An Interesting Stanza from B.Gita

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste, The below was from a Four page forwarded article. As I was reading I found this Para interesting, and so thought to share the same . The Female God"In women, I am virtuous reputation (kirti), fortune (Shri),speech (vak), memory (smriti), ability to imbibe things (medha),constancy (dhrti) and forgiveness (kshama)." (10.34)A well-known piece of humor has it that we can get a taste ofheaven on earth if we have the following:1). An American salary to take home.2). Chinese food to eat.3). A British home to live in, and,4). An Indian wife to go home to.It is perhaps this fame of the virtuous Indian woman that

Krishnais talking about. The reasons are not far to seek. When the Gitaitself says that God resides in the steadfast woman, who letsonly one man live in her memory (smriti), much like the goddessShri (Lakshmi), the prosperity of one who has her for a consortis assured. Indeed, it is a belief in India that when a man andwoman are bound in holy matrimony, it is a conjoining of theirfortunes, and all sin (paap) and merit (punya) acquired by eitheris shared equally between the two. The lips of such a woman speak(vak) of no other than the one she has chosen to give herself upcompletely to. Since her very childhood it has been imbibed inher to remain committed to one only, till this chaste idealbecomes as integral a part of her character as much as her breathis to her physical existence. It is her infinite capacity toforgive and the forbearance inherent in womanhood that lets sucha divine relationship blossom on

earth. Love can be in different form offered to a Woman by Woman herself and also a Man but I think the Best Form of Love is a Motherly love always, for that love can be never betrayed. Pranam, Babitha

Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, more on new and used cars.