IndiaDivine.org

ANÁTMA ÙRI VIGARHAÏA Part - 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste. I will be devoting my work for the next few days to Shri Adi Shankara Acharya. No I am not going Saintly. I read an article while travelling and in that there where few stanzas of different Stotra and they where all incomplete. I had to learn more so i hunted the net on and off , found a lot of topic on the same but was not satisfied at all.You know the feeling , like when you are thirsty you will prefer water first to juice, like that. The below is just a bried in English, but the Stotra will be in the put in the File Section Under Stotra. Please when you do have time , kindly go through the same. Pranam, Babitha ANÁTMA ÙRI VIGARHAÏA (Section dealing with the censure of all acquisitions except of the Knowledge of the Self.)The above Prakaraïa (section dealing with the vanity of all acquisitions), consists of eighteen verses including the last two which deal with the fruit of

mastering and thinking on it. The style is simple in diction and sublime in ideas, and accords well with the style of Ùri Ùañkara's Mohamudgara. The necessity for knowledge of the Self (Átmabodha) through direct Self-realisation (Aparokúa-anubhüti) is emphasized here. The best possession is the knowledge of the Self. The Mohanudgara exhorts thus : - ``Think about the Self'' (átmánam bhávaya); ``Who am I?'' (ko'ham)?. The body is only a temporary abode for the Soul. It is only an instrument meant for doing good deeds. It is a Temple which has worth only so long as the God or Soul exists therein.The refrain ``Tataç kim?'' (what then?) signifies the vanity and futility of what has been stated before.