IndiaDivine.org

Camphor- Kalpuram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste, Can anyone explain to me the properties of Camphor.I am confused.. After completing all the Upachaaraas to Lord, we do Neerajanam with a view to remove any Drishti Dosha (evil sight) as we all know that all Devi and deva has a wonderful personality and added to it, HE has been decorated so well and looking so handsome that it is very difficult for a devotee to take away his sight from HIM. This we do with pure love as we do it to our own small children. It is the practice in our houses/temples that immediately after Aarati, we pay our respects to that camphor flame by putting our palms over it and putting those hands on our eyes. The intention behind giving Aarati is to remove any evil sight (Drishti Dosha) and also to show God more clearly to the devotees, but not for any other purpose, hence why are we accepting the kalpuram once offered to the

Devi/Deva? I have read that flame should be kept aside and sprinkle a few drops of water to remove Dosha, as we wash the legs and hands of our children and wipe the eyes with water, immediately after removing Drishti Dosha. Neerajanam signifies the end of Sakara or Bahya (outward) Puja and is at the end to denote that all the Doshas and impurities will vanish in thin air after burning the Ajnan in the Jnanagni or Tapas. Pranam, Babitha

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.