IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Digest Number 362

Rate this topic

Guest guest

madhukar konanur <vu2mud wrote: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:00:12 +0000 (GMT)madhukar konanur <vu2mudRe: Digest Number 362Babitha Vasanth <babitha70 Dear Madam It is very true that although there are many swamis each with a different name, they all lead to the same destination. The "thousand names (sahasranaama)" of any form of the Supreme Lord - are nothing but the different ways a person can see the same form. Similarly the name of a swami goes to identify the path or the way that particular swami sees in the Supreme Lord. It is more or less like the names of different roads in a city all leading to the centre of the city. This is my humble view. Madhukar Sent: Monday, 3 September, 2007 5:20:20 PM Digest Number 362 Sri Mookambika Devi Messages In This Digest (1 Message) 1. What lies in a NAME Babitha Vasanth View All Topics | Create New Topic Message 1. What lies in a NAME Posted by: "Babitha Vasanth" babitha70 babitha70 Sun Sep 2, 2007 9:49 pm (PST) Namaste,We have discussed many issues in opur group , but last few days I was wondering how to put the below in writting which was an experience in my life which I would like to share with ALL.Deepika my 4 year old daughter asked me why there are so many swami and all Swami have different Names? I was a bit confused but made her understand

the importance really does not lie in a Name but it lies to Identify.I did try my best to make her understand in a simple way.I realised that even we elders do not know the reall cause of what lies in a name.The name is the cause of all causes, the Supreme Lord, most worshipable, and is a form of guru to bring one to the Lord.There is no meditation more effective than the name nor is there any fruit greater than that attained by the name. There is no greater renunciation than the name; there is no greater peace than the name. In this world there is no greater pious activity than taking the name, nor is there any quicker progress than in the name. The name is the highest liberation, the highest freedom, the highest destination, the highest peace, the point of no more searching. The name is the highest devotion, the name is the purest inclination of the jiva, the name is the highest love, and direct remembrance of the Lord. As we are all aware

that "It is stated that one thousand names of Vishnu are equivalent to one name of Rama, and three names of Rama are equivalent to one name of Krishna. The Vedas say that the holy name is purely spiritual and thus they constantly glorify the name. One who minimizes the effects of chanting the holy name as stated in the Vedas and Puranas is an extreme offender. "And finallyFew say that the results of the holy name that are stated in the scriptures are not true but only meant to attract one to the name. But those persons, due to lack of bhakti-sukriti, lacking faith, cannot understand the real purport of the scriptures or the greatest welfare of mankind. Instead they will take the opposite interpretation.I leave here, Please do post your comment .Pranam,Babitha ( What lies in a name? )http://groups. / group/srimookamb

ika-devi------------ --------- --------- ---Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1) Visit Your Group Give Back for Good Get inspired by a good cause. Y! Toolbar Get it Free! easy 1-click access to your groups. Start a group in 3 easy steps. Connect with others. Need to Reply? Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest. Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Polls | Calendar One Motherly Love Equally Shared With All . Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.