IndiaDivine.org

Navratri

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Ya devi sarva bhutesu, shanti rupena sansitha ya devi sarva bhutesu, shakti rupena sansthita ya devi sarva bhutesu, matra rupena sansthita Namastasyai, namastasyai, namastasyai, namo namaha" Meaning:To the Devi who is in the form of peace, To the Devi who is in the form of infinite creation, To the Devi who is in the form of mother, I bow to you, i bow to you, i bow to you Namaste, I am sure that one is aware of the above Mantra' Yes it is a Mantra for Devi Durga during the Holy Month. As one is aware,Navaratri is divided into sets of three days to adore different aspects of the supreme goddess. On the first three days, the Mother is invoked as powerful force called Durga in order to destroy all our impurities, vices and defects. The next three days, the Mother is adored as a giver of spiritual wealth, Lakshmi, who is considered to have the power of bestowing on her devotees the inexhaustible wealth. The final set of three days is spent in worshipping the mother as the goddess of wisdom, Saraswati. In order have all-round success in life, we need the blessings of all three aspects of the divine mother; hence, the worship for nine nights. We need the blessings of Ma Durga for wealth, auspiciousness, prosperity and knowledge, and other potent powers to cross every hurdle of life in some form or the other the other. There are many different belief in our rituals and Granny Stories are also told differently. In South India the festival includes other female deities an dedicates three days of the festival to Lakshmi, the female archetype of wealth and fortune, and another three to Saraswathi, the female archetype of learning, music and knowledge.In northern India it takes the form of the great epic Ramyana where Rama, an incarnation of Vishnu is victorious over the evil king Ravana. Before I end the above , I would like to add one of my fvrt recipes: Kaju Katli Ingredientscashew nuts 3/4 cupsugar 3/4 cupMilk 2 tbspGhee 2 tspvanilla essence 1 tbspwater 1 cup (boiling)silver leaf 2 sheets Method:Soak the cashew nuts in boiling water for 1 hour. Combine the sugar, milk and cashew nut(drained) in a food processor to create a smooth paste. Heat the ghee in a large pan, add the cashew nut paste and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick. Then, add vanilla essence and mix thoroughly. Put this mixture in a greased tray and spread it evenly and press the silver leaf on the top. Let it cool. After it is cooled, cut into diamond shaped pieces. Hope one do try . Pranam, Babitha

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.