IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Babitha from Mookambika Devi Group.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste, I am forwarding the below Email which one and all should be aware that now not just many at India or other countries are aware of Amma's dharshan but still further. Please read the below and lets all Pray for Long Live Amma. Pranam, Babitha kylas7 wrote: babitha70Subject: Re: Babitha from Mookambika Devi Group.Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:12:37 -0500kylas7Dear Babitha Amma, You are too kind to send me such a welcoming, detailed, miraculous, and touching letter. It was only moments ago that I received it.

Somehow, I cannot understand it, your letter went to the Spam folder. I almost never check that folder, but our Divine Mother must have prompted me. And see what I found! I am an African-American lady, 60 years old, converted to Hinduism in 1984. My gurudeva is a well-known Sri Vidya master. Perhaps you may have heard his name, Sri Ganapati Sacchidananda Swamiji of Mysore. You can understand how astonished I was that an image of Sri Vidya Mukambika arrived without anyone's planning in this city of Eugene, Oregon, which is in the Pacific Northwest of USA. Perhaps you will like to hear a little of the story, which I wrote out to inform Sri Swamiji of this event. I have copied it below. Best regards, Kylas Pavani Nagaarjuna Devi Srividya Mukambika Takes Residence in Eugene Devotees of the Mother Goddess here in Eugene can hardly believe their good fortune. It is an unforeseen event, developing as if from the clear blue sky, astonishing and delighting us. During the recent Navaratri festival, Devi in the form of Sri Vidya Mukambika has taken up residence in our city! Carved in black granite, her smiling figure is a peaceful and powerful presence, who bears the full name of Sri Vishnumaya Durga Srividya Mukambika Devi. With her right lower hand, she shows abhaya mudra. With her left lower hand, she holds the veena. Her upper hands hold the chakra and conch. She wears the mangala sutra tied by Shiva. She is sitting in lalitasana, with the left leg down. A lion lies at the base of her pedestal. Thus we behold in her the attributes of the Triple Goddess—Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Gauri. In this radiantly beneficent form, the Devi is

currently residing at Arsha Vijnana Mandiram in South Eugene. Now to trace the series of events that brought the Mother into our midst: Sri Devi Mukambika is the beloved deity of a family whose tradition of Kathakali dance can be traced for two hundred years. The most renowned member of this family, the late Guru Gopinath, was largely responsible for the revival and popularization of Kathakali both in India and abroad. His eldest daughter, Vasanti Gopinath Jayaswal, has been resident to the Los Angeles area for many years. Vasantiji is not only an accomplished dancer and musician, but also an eminent exponent of Indian art, culture, religion, and philosophy. It was she who in 1987 commissioned the carving in black granite of Srividya Mukambika Devi. We are told that a community of about 100 persons regularly came to worship the Goddess at the private temple constructed by the Jayaswal family. In 2005, when the

deteriorating health of her husband made it increasingly difficult for Vasantiji to keep up the ritual service, the Devi was shifted to the Hindu University of America in central Florida. After two and a half years in Florida, again circumstances arose to compromise the service of the Devi. To avoid any neglect, the Hindu University authorities, having consulted with Vasanti Jayaswal, contacted Sadhvi Vrnda Chaitanya, a highly accomplished disciple of Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati. Vrndaji, a scholar of Vedanta and Sanskrit, is a regular speaker at global symposiums of religious and spiritual leaders. She resides and teaches at the Arsha Vijnana Mandiram, a retreat center outside Valdosta, Georgia. Can it be other than Devi’s own design? It so happened that when the Hindu University telephoned to Sadhvi Vrnda Chaitanya, she had come to Eugene for the Navaratri celebration. Here in Eugene, one of Vrndaji’s students had offered her newly

constructed home to serve as a second headquarters of the Arsha Vijnana Mandiram. When the University authorities appealed to Vrndaji to take custody of the Devi, spontaneously she found herself replying to them, “Instead of bringing her to the ashram in Georgia, please bring her to this new ashram in Eugene.†Thus it happened that Srividya Mukambika arrived here during 2007 Sharan Navaratri. Devi worshipers here, followers of different gurus and traditions, are cooperating to conduct the daily worship of the Goddess. A calendar has been made with the ritual service assigned to different persons on a rotating basis. Previously, in order to guide the devotees at the Hindu University, Vasanti Jayaswal had written a simple ritual procedure that is within the capabilities of a lay person. Sadhvi Vrnda Chaitanya has now recorded that ritual procedure on a CD, complete with all the mantras, so that devotees here can carry out the ritual by

following the recording. How fortunate we feel that the Devi has put herself in the hands of non-expert persons like ourselves! Really she is our Mother, so patient with our fumbling efforts. We are told that the original manifestation of the Goddess Mukambika was in Kollur, India, a famous pilgrimage destination that sits at the confluence of two rivers, the Sauparnika and the Agnitirtham. Devotees here are encouraged by the thought that the City of Eugene also sits at the confluence of two rivers, the McKenzie and the Willamette! We can only hope and pray that Srividya Mukambika Devi, who by Her own will has already traveled from India to California to Florida and now to Oregon, will be content to remain permanently among us. The Devi is currently housed in an ante-room to the living quarters of the ashram building. We are in the process of raising funds to establish the Goddess in a temple that befits her grace and power. Arsha Vijnana Mandiram is located at 1190 West 27th Ave, Eugene, OR 97405 (at the corner of Tyler and 27th). At the present time, the shrine is open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays from 2:00 to 5:00 pm. Proxy prayers and alternative arrangements can be made for those who work during weekends and also for out-of-town visitors.    Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.