IndiaDivine.org

The Four Goals of life

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Four Goals of life ( where i dnt mean, Fame, Money, Name & Luxury ) (Chatur Varga) are: Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha (or Nirvana). Dharma is righteous living or conduct according to spiritual law; Artha is wealth or prosperity; Kama is the fulfillment of desires, or mental and emotional satisfaction; and Moksha or Nirvana is spiritual realisation or salvation. A healthy, balanced and happy life depends on the equal cultivation of the Four Goals for oneself and for others. Hinduism, therefore, teaches that the attainment of the Four Goals constitutes the purpose of human life which every man, woman and child has the duty to fulfil. The Means or Ways (Pada) whereby the Four Goals are attained are: Charya (Righteous Conduct), Kriya (Religious Observances), Vidya (Knowledge) and Yoga (Spiritual Practice). The four different goals. Like other aspects of Hinduism, the goals are split between those emphasized by the "life is good" human beings pursue . In the Mahayana Buddhist Vow of the Bodhisattva is so unique: "I vow not to enter into the Nirvana of Liberation until all other suffering sentient beings have been liberated before me."

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.