IndiaDivine.org

Can anyone answer this?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Pranams to all.

The question raised by Ms Vidyalakshmi is quite relevant and what she heard has been heard by many others over the years, including me. What I am reminded of is a story about a very rich man in Kolkatta who was a contemporary of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsar. This gentleman had heard about Paramahamsar and many of his friends were frequent visitors to the Yogi. However, the rich man never thought of visiting the ashram until at last Paramahamsar left His physical body and that was the only time he realized what a great opportunity he had missed in life. How can we explain this?

In the Hindu way of thinking, every person comes to this world with his sanchitha-karma which decides in which family the jeeva will take birth, where and how his/her life will be, whom he/she will associate with in life, etc. From this point of view, it is understandable that even if someone 'desires' to pay a visit to Amma, it is not always fulfilled. I have so many experience myself with people who even started their journey, but never made it. A group of people, some of them known to me, reached Udupi last year on their way to Kollur and a particular person with the group had longed to visit Kollur for the last many years. However, as luck would have it, he got a message at Udupi that one of his close relatives passed away and had to rush back to Kerala. So he had to cancel the journey while the rest of the group proceeded to Kollur. Whether we take it as a

mere coincidence or not, depends on our own beliefs. But these things do happen.

During my experience of living in Kollur for 5 years, I also came across a lot of people who lived and worked in Kollur but never visited the temple. Surprisingly, all of them were not locals, but belonged to other states including Kerala. At the time, I realized that every person in this world had his or her own karma, priorities and wishes in life. So, it is of no use to criticize them or blame them, or even be sceptical about what Amma decides for each of us; we must be thankful to Amma for making us what we are.

May Amma shower Her blessings on all of us.

Lokaah: Samasthaa: Sukhino Bhavanthu.

RK