IndiaDivine.org

You have an Ego

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste,

I was getting angry with a lot of issues lately like i am frustrated of work and home and same doings each day, cooking, cleanning, school stuff with kids and i was really yelling and my lil girl 5 years old said to me mum your an angry mum look and then i said yes i am angry, i admited that i am an angry person after all.

its actually my ego playing this part not me as the self as jeeva or soul .

Our world is full of opposites. Everywhere you look, you can notice two distinct forces working opposite each other, yet in perfect harmony.

Our own person doesn’t lack opposites. The most striking is the Soul vs. the Ego. The Soul is made of love, love for everything and everyone on this planet, including thy self. It wants to explore. It wants to soak in every bit of life it can, every bit of sunshine, oxygen, sight, fun. It is happy. Its opposite, the Ego, is fearful. It wants to protect the body from harm, from pain, from disappointment. It wants to contain the body so as to not risk exposing it to potential dangers.

So many people, for so many reasons, are living their life based solely on their Ego’s wishes. They are scared. Scared of exploring the world, scared of being poor, scared of feeling sad or angry, scared of being alone, scared of being sick, scared of dying and even scared of being happy. The more they follow the Ego, the stronger the fears and the further away they get from the Soul, hence happiness. What’s ironic is that the further away they get from the Soul (happiness), the closer they get to the physical manifestion of their fears. Meaning the closer they get to actually being poor, being sad and angry, being sick and dying. The body becomes imbalanced.

The Ego is with us for a reason. It’s true purpose is to protect us from real dangers. When one indulges in fear and protects its body from everything, it defies the Ego’s true purpose and denies its Soul what it needs to break free, hence unbalancing the body and creating an illusion of imbalance in the world.