IndiaDivine.org

Arya - Amba

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A small research by myself that i wanted to share.

Arya is the name of Amba.The devotional poem of200 stanzas by Durvasas apart from being the arya metre, is in praise of Arya, tht is Amba. So the name Arya Dvisati is appropriate. Know by another title lalita Stava ratnam – The hyms adoring Lalita.

Im customary to refer to Ambika as Bhattarika – In tamil Bhattarikai means one who is worthy of being worshipped – the feminine form of worshipping . In Tamil Nadu in the padri temple of the past mention is made of Bhattarika manyam So we may take it that it is Bhattarika that has come to be called Pidari..

Amba is Bhattarika. That is why three of her outstanding devotees have each the tittle of Bhattarika. One of them is eshavara himself, who is referred to as paramashiva Bhattarak.Aother is Mahakavi Kalidasa. Hid literary benius and poetic muse are ascribed to the grace of Mahakali of Ujjayini.he is the author of Syamaladandakam and the Navaratnamala whichis in praise of AMba and he is refered to as Singara Bhattarka. If one Bhattaraka is god the other is mortal a poet. There are two categories Ghana and laghu ( Weight & Light )

A god is Ghana and mortal is laghu. There was a laghu battarka who compossed the Panca stavi consisting of five hyms to Amba. There is a view that kalidas who was Manusya Bhattarka who was called a Laghu Bhattaraka.

A small research by myself that i wanted to share.

By

Babitha vasanth