IndiaDivine.org

One cannot be enlightend by just reading books

Rate this topic

Guest guest

namaste,

The below is a chat conversation between me and my friends on facebook.

Pleae take time to read,, very useful chat: 25 friends where tagged in my below topic

*********************************************************************************************************

Babitha Vasanth : One cannot be enlightend by just reading booksRichard Schooping, Yogi Mirchandani and 3 others like this.Kavitha prakash: i disagree totally!!!!!!! why not????Babitha Vasanth:well.. Once one attained enlightenment, he realizes that the books contributed nothing mere or less , only meditation and hard work.. one has to participate in it as well... just reading will not help... in a text book experiments are written but to get results dont you have to do them by yourselfCharanjit S. Khurana:Enlightenment comes from wisdom, reading books enhances intelligence. Intelligence speaks whereas wisdom listens. Enlightenment comes from silence, when a person is at peace with himself. .Babitha VasanthThank you Charanjit...many feel that once a book is read they are aware of many topic withinn tht book and then that is it.. putting it to work is totally a different knowledge

of awareness that enhances ones intelligence.. which i surely agree with CharanjitCharanjit S. Khurana: Babitha ji Enlightenment is a state of bliss and it only comes when you keep aside your ego, intelligence and feeling that you are something as one shayar very nicely stated"Mita De Apni Hasti Ko Gar Kuch Martaba ChaaheKi Zarra Khaak Me Milkar Hi Gul-O-Gulzaar Hota Hain"like a seed when mixed with soil only then it blossoms into alively plant so is human being when we leave over intelligence and try to listen to silence and words of Almighty that is what enlightenment is.Pandits , maulavis read holy books day in day out but dont follow it so they never get enlightened . enlightenment comes to fakirs who are sometimes uneducated but have given up themselves to the love and service of humankind... These all are my opinion and I may be 100% wrong and dont mean to offend anyone. I am sorry if it hurts someoneBabitha Vasanth:

hats off to you Charanjit,, you tookout what i had in my heartKavitha Prakash hey.. this is way too technical.. you can't generalize people like that.. :(Babitha Vasanth: kavitha my lil lady.... when u read a recepie do you just put all the ingredients in your head and shake your body and stand in the hot sun and relish its taste even though you have done the exact procedure how to make it... well ones mouth can water but again its just the state of mind.. dont you really have to cook it on fire.. if one ingredient is missing tht taste would totally be different wnt it.. i love you :)Kavitha Prakashu lost me...Kavitha Prakashand who do u think u're calling Kavitha? You forgot my name... :(Babitha Vasanth:that is ok atleast you participated in the wall .. that it self is a beginning for YOU...Steven Steensels :reading books is always interesting, but to find out who is reading is far more important ; similarly,

meditating is always a good practise, but to find out who's the meditator is so much more important ♥ Babitha Vasanth:Thank you Steven :)Meditation Jewel:reading books is a step towards enlightentment & the statment is like worth debet but to small place is facebook for different people there are different ways knowledge is also one of the waysaint tulidas ji saymass sukha pinjhar kiyo,dharey rain din dhyan,tulsi mitey na vasna,... Read morebina vicharey gyanthis just supports the above statmentradhey radheyBart Hallema: Some time ago I read in a biography about Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa that he was never reading during his life as a priest/teacher. Nobody of all his very well educated students had ever caught him with one single book in his hands. There has no explanation given in that biography, otherwise than that it wasn't just his habit to read. But I could ... Read moreunderstand it very

well. After Enlightenment one has access to a source of omniscience, for one has become one with that source. Ramakrishna would have called the source Kali, Buddha spoke about Brahma Sohampati (He I am Lord) and Patanjali has called it Ishvara, but all meant the very same: the Divine Power within, which did make us alive and which do keep alive, becomes on a certain stage in the development of our process Enlightenment our own Bodhigaya, Source of Perfect Knowledge. Than there is no single need anymore to collect knowledge by reading anymore. But reading for pleasure can be always stay habit, even after complete awakening. And reading book from and about one's fellow Enlightened Beings will not only procures you a kind sublime amusement, but can inspire you as well. Above that it can be great to find words to describe your new state of being, for verbalization is important tool for understanding and indispensable instrument to transfer and share your

new acquired perfect knowledge with your friends and/or students. So my advice would be: Keep on reading, Enlightened Ones, you very well capable to make the distinction in reading between that what is the effort more than worth and that what is time wasting!Virtua lcitizen India Dear Babitha...I believe there are four ways accepted to attain enlightenment...or paramananda...as mentioned in Bhagwat Gita - Bhakti Yoga, Kriya Yoga, Karma Yoga and Jnana Yoga (Raj Yoga) ... .. the Jnana yoga is about learning, which can come from a guru, self introspections, meditation or even reading books of scriptures or Veda's(spritual or ... Read moreof knowledge) .. there are many examples of people in ancient times as well as mordern times of attaining enlightement through reading or writing books... Kali Das, Surdas are slightly later examples of such great men... for me there are few other ways I believe in too... One as some Bart Hellama mentioned

comes from the touch of Guru... as Ramkrishna Paramhansa imparted enlightenment to Paramhansa Yogananda, as also mentioned in his book... "Auto Biography of an Yogi" some times the touch of divinity like Kali Ma or god and Goddess can given enlightment too.. but I believe the most easy of all the ways of enlightement is Bhakti Yoga... Loving a person, idol or an Idea or supreme consciouness in all self.. Meera is one such example of this kind of people, Draupadi is another such person ... tooOm Namah ShivayaRichard Schooping:I would say that enlightenment is not to be predicted or categorized, and that a person would benefit by neutrally observing all experience.Kallil Ramchandran: When you want something desperately & with all passion, the entire Universe conspires to make it possible for you. It does not select positive or negative thoughts, it doesn't know good or bad. So, be aware of the thoughts....that you are leaving out

into the cosmos. Be conscious!!Babitha Vasanth :THANKYOU TO ALL FOR PARTICIPATING IN REALISING THE ONLT TRUETH IN LIFE ABOUT REALIZATION DOES NOT HAPPEN BY A CLICK OF A FINGER IT TAKES OUR LIFE TIME YET WE REACH NO WHERE OR EVERYWHERE IT DEPENDS TOTALLY ON YOUR TRUETHFULNESS TO WHAT YOU EARN FOR IN THIS LIFE. Ammas Blessings to ALLVishwajeet Rohi: lPothi Padh Padh Kar Jag Mua, Pandit Bhayo Na KoyeDhai Aakhar Prem Ka, Jo Padhe so Pandit HoyeTranslationReading books everyone died, none became any wise... Read moreOne who reads the word of Love, only becomes wise