IndiaDivine.org

First Post for 2010

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Deva means divine, sarla means innocence divine innocence. That is the way to know god.

Knowledge is not the way, but innocence, a quality of childlikeness. We cannot approach reality through our calculating mind, because it is not a problem to be solved, it is not a problem at all. So mathematics, logic, can’t help. It is a mystery – it has to be lived. One has to participate in it, one

has to dissolve oneself into it just like a drop falling into the ocean and disappearing. And only a child can do that. The more clever one is, the farther away from god. The clever one cannot enter.

He calculates, he calculates every move. He is always bargaining with reality. And you have a mind which is very logical; that’s why I am giving you the name – this is just the polaropposite to you. You have a mind which thinks, and thinks too much. And the base of all thinking

is doubt. A thinking mind is always doubtful, hence it cannot take the risk. And a thinking mind isalways negative. Thinking starts with no. If you say yes there is nothing to think. Yes means a stop.

There is no more to it – the full stop has come. No is a beginning. Then one can go on and onthinking and thinking. You have been a no-sayer, and to be a sannyasin means to be a yes-sayer. Itwill be difficult to change from the no to the yes, but it will be immensely paying. And once you move

from no to yes, you will know that life has a different meaning.

The person enclosed in no lives in a kind of darkness and lives alone like an island, disconnected,alienated. The moment yes arises in the heart, you are no more alone, god is with you. Yes is theprice. Saying yes is surrender. And to me that is the very essence of religion.[A mother with two small daughters says: I don’t feel I can sustain anything any more, you – love or

work, relationship. I can deal with it in the moment, but I can’t sustain it... my family... relationship...In fact this is something very beautiful that is happening. It will be scary, frightening, because you

will not know how to cope with it, but this is one of the most important things that can happen to a person: living in the moment, and moment to moment.

There is no need to sustain anything. All effort to sustain something creates falsity. The very idea of sustaining something means the past will continue to dominate the future, the dead will dominate the alive. Live moment to moment. If something is worth sustaining, it will be sustained – not that you

have to sustain it. When you are needed to sustain it, that means the thing is not worth sustaining.

Now you are just sustaining it because you have decided to do so.

Anything that is really your passion will continue. For example, if you are in love it will continue;

you need not sustain it. The question of sustaining arises only when love disappears but the old

promises are there and you have been saying things which are no more true. But your ego says

’You have to sustain it – you have been saying these things.’ You have said to this man ’I will live

for you and die for you’ and now you don’t feel anything for the man. Just the ego says ’Don’t go

against your own word – sustain it. This is your commitment.’ But then you become false. And then

you are manipulating something which is no more there, which has disappeared. A flower that used

to be there has withered away; now you are pretending that it is still there. This is how everybody has become a hypocrite.

And sooner or later you will take revenge on the person, because it is he whose presence is making you false. You can never forgive the person, and unconsciously you will take revenge, you will start being angry, and using small excuses you will get into a rage. And the reason is not that the person

is doing anything to you: the reason is that you are being false and your whole being is against being false. This is the way one should be. Courage will be needed.

PLEASE POST YOUR VIEWS.

Pranam,

Babitha