IndiaDivine.org

Member Expelled from Group - Notification

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Members,

This is NOTIFICATION that Mr. Manthan Kumar (mathaninfo) has

been expelled out of this group for misbehaviour, and abuse of freedom.

Any one who so does in the future will with a maximum of 1 warning be

expelled.

The group was created to discuss Murugan Bhakti, not as a bill board to

dump advertisements. I hope members realise this and make productive use

of this group, so that all profit from it.

Regarding the Tapovan complex - it's a news to me! I never knew Lord

Muruga is worshipped in the Northern States, especially in a state like

Gujarat. Thanks for the same Dharan Sri! and keep posting something

informative like this! Upload it in the files section (if you have'nt

yet), and it would be preserved until such time this group is sunk /

withdraws it's free group service.

Why Gujarat in particular? some of you might ask.

Well, most Hindu Gujaratis are followers of Swaminarayan - and the seers

who come in his lineage. It is a general belief among Gujaratis that

worshipping Karthikeya leads to

a) No marraige for life in case you are not married

b) No child if you are married

and so on. I have heard this from a Gujarati, when I just said " Why

do'nt you go to a Murugan temple and cry your problems to the Lord, May

be he might take pity and help you " . And this is the answer I got, " No!

No! we are not supposed to even see the idol of Lord Karthik. If we see

we will not beget any children/ we will never get married in the entire

life! besides it is completely forbidden for women to enter Lord

Karthik's temple " .

Now what can I say about this? Better still what do you (people) have to

say about this?

|| Thiruchitrambalam ||

Moderator.

Dhandapani Group

Guest guest

Dear Group,

Yes, its true that in North India, Murugan (Lord Karthik) is a Bachelor God. So women are reportedly barred from entering His temple. This is so opposite to the South belief that Murugan is not only married, but He has got two wives, and He is the God of fertility - that childless couples can seek His blessings to beget progeny.

Again, in the North, Vinaayagar is married with two wives; but in the South, He is still single.

Long time back, I heard this interesting story about the Bengalis' belief about why Murugan chose to remain single. He had heard that a wife might not be very well-disposed towards His beloved Mother Paarvathi Devi and, therefore, chose to remain single rather than risk bringing home an uncaring daughter-in-law for His Mother! But even in Bengal, though Murugan has got single status, He is still called Sashti Brata, and married couples are supposed to seek His blessings to beget children.

As for myself, I love Murugan as the Divine Son. I see my own son as a blessing from Murugan, and am so grateful for His mercy.

Cheers to all

Patricia

"R. Sivaramakrishna Sharma" <dhandapani wrote: Dear Members,This is NOTIFICATION that Mr. Manthan Kumar (mathaninfo) has been expelled out of this group for misbehaviour, and abuse of freedom. Any one who so does in the future will with a maximum of 1 warning be expelled.The group was created to discuss Murugan Bhakti, not as a bill board to dump advertisements. I hope members realise this and make productive use of this group, so that all profit from it.Regarding the Tapovan complex - it's a news to me! I never knew Lord Muruga is worshipped in the Northern States, especially in a state like Gujarat. Thanks for the same Dharan Sri! and keep posting something informative like this! Upload it in the files section (if you have'nt yet), and it would be preserved until such time this group is sunk / withdraws it's free group service.Why

Gujarat in particular? some of you might ask.Well, most Hindu Gujaratis are followers of Swaminarayan - and the seers who come in his lineage. It is a general belief among Gujaratis that worshipping Karthikeya leads toa) No marraige for life in case you are not marriedb) No child if you are married.....and so on. I have heard this from a Gujarati, when I just said "Why do'nt you go to a Murugan temple and cry your problems to the Lord, May be he might take pity and help you". And this is the answer I got, "No! No! we are not supposed to even see the idol of Lord Karthik. If we see we will not beget any children/ we will never get married in the entire life! besides it is completely forbidden for women to enter Lord Karthik's temple".Now what can I say about this? Better still what do you (people) have to say about this?|| Thiruchitrambalam ||Moderator.Dhandapani Group