just giving advertisement (Subject title: <Raise your life>,

<Groups>), without contributing/participating/focusing anything

in the forum. I really disappointed about it and don’t know how

the moderator is going to control them. We need to discuss

seriously about this issue, since we need a truly Appan

devotees, not diverts.

Mr. Venkatraman -

I really appreciate Mr. Venkatraman’s initiatives and the way in

which he exposed his proposal and invite us to think of it.

Today we need like Mr. Venkatraman to raise the Bhakti MarkKam.

In my opinion, Mr. Venkatraman is starting a great job that no

can do it today. We need to appreciate these aspects. And we

know that how much efforts have to be taken to write books or

for publishing monthly journals. It is not a simple job as many

of us think or write in the forum. The most important thing is

that we need to appreciate such a writer in the period of time,

not only promote Bhakti but also keep records. Mr. Venkatraman

agreed that he is not a rich man to contribute everything from

his packet and at the same time, he is inviting pure devotees to

support/encourage his dedication.

If some one in the forum group request to pray for them, without

knowing what is for, lot of our members are doing it even

without asking whether it is personal or social. I am not

against on it. But at the same time, if some one asks or seeks

for support, we should not at least disappoint them. Otherwise,

at least by words, not by money, give supports.

I appreciate the Group Moderator’s comment (July 7th) that it

was not a bad idea to announce Mr. Venkatraman’s new Bhakti

Magazine. However, the Moderator failed to appreciate Mr.

Venkatraman’s proposal. I understand that many of us always look

at the least side – business. Do you all think that someone

could do worse thing by saying Appan Murugan’s name. Mr.

Venkatraman promised that it is not a business service.

I do against on others that they have looked at the prices but

not the dedication! Probably they may not be realized that how

much effort one should take to publish such a magazine – in

these days.

I really welcome to discuss about my mind. It could be strong,

however, it did not mean to hurt anyone’s mind.

Mr. Venkatraman - please excuse us for everything. You are

elderly genius, we are still learners and we did not mean to

hurt your feelings. Please forget if we meant wrong. All the

best for your devotional services.

Appanae Murugaa!

Kurinji Mannan

Guest guest

Dear Shri Kurinji Mannan,

Pranams.

Well. Your comments have applied balm to my mind. Thanks.

I do not want to pretend that I was not hurt. I know I should not have got hurt but maybe I had not attained that kind of maturity. The term 'business gimmicks' did hurt me. But all the experiences are given to us by God, only to push us ahead and get evolved.

Have we not read: Nanrum theethum pirar thara vaaraa. All experiences pleasant or unpleasant reach us through some agency or other. But they are all God-given. It is for us to do our duty and go ahead. But only when such an exprience really happens, the lessons learnt once upon a time, come to mind sooner or later (in my case, a little later) and we also get an opportunity to apply them!

The moderator actually pointed out my mistake very nicely. After all, what was the urgency for me to give the details of advertisement and subscription rates? All of us know that for such things reception would be extremely slow and reluctant. That has become our way of life.

We see ourselves buying shoes for Rs.2000 or even more. But for a good book which could be our life-companion, we are not that fast.

I should not have mentioned the rates in my message. After all, people are not going to rush to me with their cheque books in hand to do 'business' with me and create a gatecrash immediately on seeing the message!

Had I mentioned only other details of the magazine and stopped there, perhaps I could have saved myself from some mental injury. I learnt my lesson from the moderator, and in my subsequent messages I have started giving only general information.

I have been very selective in applying for admission. I have knocked the doors of the only seemingly religious minded groups. That too, not merely for selling my magazine but because I am convinced that such association or satsang would strengthen my efforts in making the magazine more meaningful. Who could give materials for such a magazine, if the members of such devotional groups don't?

The point is that I am not talking about a single book, which I sell, collect my money and vanish. I am talking about a periodical, that should grow as an institution by itself!

All said and done, the fact remains, in some groups, my message (along with the rates) has been forwarded by the moderators, adding their own words of praise, support and recommendation. After all, the world is so variegated!

My dear Kurinji Mannan, it is true that in the first round I received an unexpected punch and faltered a little. I have somehow learnt my lesson and got up. Now I have only love and affection towards all the members of our group. Experiences are the best source of wisdom. Our group has been very liberal at the time of entry itself (in this respect).

Is this not the group of Sivaguru!

With kind regards,

K S Venkataraman

Kurinji illam <kurinjii wrote:

Dear Murugan Bhakti Members,I am writing this message in order to discriminate between adedication and a business. I am very happy that new comers are increased day-by-day for theDhandapani’s Groups, good news isn’t. However, some of them arejust giving advertisement (Subject title: ,), without contributing/participating/focusing anythingin the forum. I really disappointed about it and don’t know howthe moderator is going to control them. We need to discussseriously about this issue, since we need a truly Appandevotees, not diverts.Mr. Venkatraman -I really appreciate Mr. Venkatraman’s initiatives and the way inwhich he exposed his proposal and invite us to think of it.Today we need like Mr. Venkatraman to raise the Bhakti MarkKam.In my opinion, Mr. Venkatraman is starting a great

job that nocan do it today. We need to appreciate these aspects. And weknow that how much efforts have to be taken to write books orfor publishing monthly journals. It is not a simple job as manyof us think or write in the forum. The most important thing isthat we need to appreciate such a writer in the period of time,not only promote Bhakti but also keep records. Mr. Venkatramanagreed that he is not a rich man to contribute everything fromhis packet and at the same time, he is inviting pure devotees tosupport/encourage his dedication.If some one in the forum group request to pray for them, withoutknowing what is for, lot of our members are doing it evenwithout asking whether it is personal or social. I am notagainst on it. But at the same time, if some one asks or seeksfor support, we should not at least disappoint them. Otherwise,at least by words, not by money, give supports.I appreciate the Group Moderator’s

comment (July 7th) that itwas not a bad idea to announce Mr. Venkatraman’s new BhaktiMagazine. However, the Moderator failed to appreciate Mr.Venkatraman’s proposal. I understand that many of us always lookat the least side – business. Do you all think that someonecould do worse thing by saying Appan Murugan’s name. Mr.Venkatraman promised that it is not a business service.I do against on others that they have looked at the prices butnot the dedication! Probably they may not be realized that howmuch effort one should take to publish such a magazine – inthese days.I really welcome to discuss about my mind. It could be strong,however, it did not mean to hurt anyone’s mind.Mr. Venkatraman - please excuse us for everything. You areelderly genius, we are still learners and we did not mean tohurt your feelings. Please forget if we meant wrong. All thebest for your devotional services.Appanae

Murugaa!Kurinji Mannan

Guest guest

dear devotees

with whatever is siad in support or against i still feel that the group mail is not a platform such things.and there are so many bhakti cult magazines such as kumudham bhakti,alayam,shakthi and many more.by giving tariff rates and other things the ulterior motive ofthe editor is to give advertisement to the issue.i feel the forum should be used only for experiences and information about bhakthi and not to sell bhakti.periodicals

Kumbakonam Venkataraman <venkataramanks7 wrote:

Dear Shri Kurinji Mannan,

Pranams.

Well. Your comments have applied balm to my mind. Thanks.

I do not want to pretend that I was not hurt. I know I should not have got hurt but maybe I had not attained that kind of maturity. The term 'business gimmicks' did hurt me. But all the experiences are given to us by God, only to push us ahead and get evolved.

Have we not read: Nanrum theethum pirar thara vaaraa. All experiences pleasant or unpleasant reach us through some agency or other. But they are all God-given. It is for us to do our duty and go ahead. But only when such an exprience really happens, the lessons learnt once upon a time, come to mind sooner or later (in my case, a little later) and we also get an opportunity to apply them!

The moderator actually pointed out my mistake very nicely. After all, what was the urgency for me to give the details of advertisement and subscription rates? All of us know that for such things reception would be extremely slow and reluctant. That has become our way of life.

We see ourselves buying shoes for Rs.2000 or even more. But for a good book which could be our life-companion, we are not that fast.

I should not have mentioned the rates in my message. After all, people are not going to rush to me with their cheque books in hand to do 'business' with me and create a gatecrash immediately on seeing the message!

Had I mentioned only other details of the magazine and stopped there, perhaps I could have saved myself from some mental injury. I learnt my lesson from the moderator, and in my subsequent messages I have started giving only general information.

I have been very selective in applying for admission. I have knocked the doors of the only seemingly religious minded groups. That too, not merely for selling my magazine but because I am convinced that such association or satsang would strengthen my efforts in making the magazine more meaningful. Who could give materials for such a magazine, if the members of such devotional groups don't?

The point is that I am not talking about a single book, which I sell, collect my money and vanish. I am talking about a periodical, that should grow as an institution by itself!

All said and done, the fact remains, in some groups, my message (along with the rates) has been forwarded by the moderators, adding their own words of praise, support and recommendation. After all, the world is so variegated!

My dear Kurinji Mannan, it is true that in the first round I received an unexpected punch and faltered a little. I have somehow learnt my lesson and got up. Now I have only love and affection towards all the members of our group. Experiences are the best source of wisdom. Our group has been very liberal at the time of entry itself (in this respect).

Is this not the group of Sivaguru!

With kind regards,

K S Venkataraman

Kurinji illam <kurinjii wrote:

Dear Murugan Bhakti Members,I am writing this message in order to discriminate between adedication and a business. I am very happy that new comers are increased day-by-day for theDhandapani’s Groups, good news isn’t. However, some of them arejust giving advertisement (Subject title: ,), without contributing/participating/focusing anythingin the forum. I really disappointed about it and don’t know howthe moderator is going to control them. We need to discussseriously about this issue, since we need a truly Appandevotees, not diverts.Mr. Venkatraman -I really appreciate Mr. Venkatraman’s initiatives and the way inwhich he exposed his proposal and invite us to think of it.Today we need like Mr. Venkatraman to raise the Bhakti MarkKam.In my opinion, Mr. Venkatraman is starting a great

job that nocan do it today. We need to appreciate these aspects. And weknow that how much efforts have to be taken to write books orfor publishing monthly journals. It is not a simple job as manyof us think or write in the forum. The most important thing isthat we need to appreciate such a writer in the period of time,not only promote Bhakti but also keep records. Mr. Venkatramanagreed that he is not a rich man to contribute everything fromhis packet and at the same time, he is inviting pure devotees tosupport/encourage his dedication.If some one in the forum group request to pray for them, withoutknowing what is for, lot of our members are doing it evenwithout asking whether it is personal or social. I am notagainst on it. But at the same time, if some one asks or seeksfor support, we should not at least disappoint them. Otherwise,at least by words, not by money, give supports.I appreciate the Group Moderator’s

comment (July 7th) that itwas not a bad idea to announce Mr. Venkatraman’s new BhaktiMagazine. However, the Moderator failed to appreciate Mr.Venkatraman’s proposal. I understand that many of us always lookat the least side – business. Do you all think that someonecould do worse thing by saying Appan Murugan’s name. Mr.Venkatraman promised that it is not a business service.I do against on others that they have looked at the prices butnot the dedication! Probably they may not be realized that howmuch effort one should take to publish such a magazine – inthese days.I really welcome to discuss about my mind. It could be strong,however, it did not mean to hurt anyone’s mind.Mr. Venkatraman - please excuse us for everything. You areelderly genius, we are still learners and we did not mean tohurt your feelings. Please forget if we meant wrong. All thebest for your devotional services.Appanae

Murugaa!Kurinji Mannan