IndiaDivine.org

Group Bulletin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Great to read about the success of dhandapani groups!! Here's my suggestion to enhance the participation of group members and new members.

The literature of Murugan is so rich and so inspiring that reading it alone must be very uplifting to the spirit. (I have not had that experience because I never learnt Tamil as a formal language). But I have come across English translations and discussions from people who have read these literature.

An additional step would be to have group members share their own personal experiences of Lord Murugan. I'm sure every dedicated group member will have had some experience or experiences in which Murugan has touched them in their lives; where they have felt that "this experience is truly Murugan's doing; there's no other explanation for it!!" It would be most interesting to learn members' stories of Murugan Live in their lives.

Interestingly, I got this idea when I was (some time ago) trying to tell my little son a story at his bedtime. I usually tell him stories from Hindu mythology because they have moral values, and also they educate him in a very understandable way about what are the do's and don'ts in Hinduism.

But this time, my son told me: "Ma, don't tell me what happened 5000 years ago. Tell me some story of God (or deva) which happened more recently". I admit I was dumbfounded, but it made me think.

It would be a good exercise to contemplate on all the past events in our lives and try to identify all those events that are of divine intervention (given the problems each and everyone has, some solutions must truly have been of divine origin!!).

Thank you

Patricia

"R.Sivaramakrishna Sharma" <dhandapani wrote:

Dhandapani Group - NewsBulleting for 3Q (2003-2004)_Dear Members, It is a pleasure to inform you all that since September 2003,dhandapani groups has been making tremendous progress online as acommon forum for Murugan Bhaktas to discuss topics on Murugan Bhakti. In the month of July 2004, the group reched it's 9 month high of68 postings by 77 members. Although this is slightly exageratedstatistic, because there were atleast 5 - 9 junk messages,retrospecting back to september 2003, the figure is quite good. In addition to this, Dhandapani Group appeared in the MuruganBhakti Newsletter No.18 (June 2004), thanks to Mr. Patrick Harrigan,moderator of murugan bhakti newsletter and webmaster of

Murugan.organd other murugan bhakti websites. Dhandapani Group also enjoys the previlage of being listed(seperately) on Murugan.org, besides being the only(?) public forumfor discussions relating to murugan bhakti. Currently utilising the free services of , DhandapaniGroup is free to people who want to take part in group discussions onMurugan Bhakti, and subjects alike. It is a humble request to all members, that they actively takepart in group discussions, polls, and make this forum a big success.______________[This document may be freely circulated verbatim provided informationprovided herein is not altered or changed in any way]Regards,Group Moderator, Dhandapani Group|| Thiruchitrambalam ||

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!