present day India, interviews with present day

Indians, even prominent personalities.

Since the author has studied some Sanskrit, he makes

very informative references to some of the passages in

the Ramayana.

In short, it the Ramayana discussed as a historical

event, not a myth, and how it permeates the day-to-day

life of every Indian.

KISHKINDA is one location he dwells on considerably.

It is, according to the author, located in the region

which is present day Karnataka. He also gives a map

of India with places named in their historical

perspective.

I recommend the group members to read the book.

They'll find it deeply satisfying.

Patricia

The Author is Blank Johah.

who wrote this book who visited all parts of india and interviewd includung LTTE members, sadhus in north etc.Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Dear All,Some time back (2004) I had read a novel titled "Arrowof the Blue-Skinned God". I do not recollect the nameof the author, but I can get it later from thelibrary. This book is a very gripping book on Ramayana. Itsspellbinding because the author (a Harvard-educatedAmerican) has brilliantly narrated the epic in a veryunique way - one chapter is the narration of one eventin the Ramayana. The next chapter will be adescription of that event's geographical location inpresent day India, interviews with present dayIndians, even prominent personalities. Since the author has studied some Sanskrit, he makesvery informative references to some of the passages inthe Ramayana.In short, it the Ramayana discussed as a historicalevent, not a myth, and how it permeates the

day-to-daylife of every Indian.KISHKINDA is one location he dwells on considerably. It is, according to the author, located in the regionwhich is present day Karnataka. He also gives a mapof India with places named in their historicalperspective.I recommend the group members to read the book. They'll find it deeply satisfying.Patricia Do You ?

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Dear All,Some time back (2004) I had read a novel titled "Arrowof the Blue-Skinned God". I do not recollect the nameof the author, but I can get it later from thelibrary. This book is a very gripping book on Ramayana. Itsspellbinding because the author (a Harvard-educatedAmerican) has brilliantly narrated the epic in a veryunique way - one chapter is the narration of one eventin the Ramayana. The next chapter will be adescription of that event's geographical location inpresent day India, interviews with present dayIndians, even prominent personalities. Since the author has studied some Sanskrit, he makesvery informative references to some of the passages inthe Ramayana.In short, it the Ramayana discussed as a historicalevent, not a myth, and how it permeates the

day-to-daylife of every Indian.KISHKINDA is one location he dwells on considerably. It is, according to the author, located in the regionwhich is present day Karnataka. He also gives a mapof India with places named in their historicalperspective.I recommend the group members to read the book. They'll find it deeply satisfying.Patricia

The all-new My – What will yours do?