IndiaDivine.org

Parapurna Panchamirdam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In the Margali month of the Tamil year Kalayukthi Mr. E. Anantha Subbaiyar and Mr. V. N. Subramanyam started the parayana of Panchamirdha Vannam in a community hall (The village name was not exactly given). Slowly many of the Murugan anbargal joined with them. And an old lady called Muthammai also participated every day.

This continued for some months and it was one Thursday of the Siddarthi Year of Tamil and the time was around 8:30PM. Muthammaiyar was listening to the stotra with lots of involvement. At that time she saw a young man aging around 22 having kasi sembu (I don’t know the exact word for this in English) in his hands. He was standing in a place where others cannot see. On seeing him she wondered why he is standing there even though there is a lot of place. At that time suddenly the young man vanished. She believed that it was lord Muruga and at the end of the parayana she told the incident to all with enthusiasm.

The next day (i.e. on Friday) nearly at 10:00PM the same young man came to Muttammai’s house and since he was the person whom she saw yesterday she invited him with lots of enthusiasm. And the young man told the lady “You thought me as a stranger yesterday. But im a resider of this village only. Come with me I will let you know where I live”. So the lady went with him. On the way he picked up his young wife (Valli) and he reached the community hall where Paripurna Panchamirdam parayana was going on. Now the young man told her “Continue the parayana for ever and it’s the place where I live”. And now he got vanished and this incident happened some 20 – 30 years ago and Panchamirdam is being sung at the time of panchamirda abisheka in many of the Murugan temples even now for the same reason.

Start your day with - make it your home page