IndiaDivine.org

kandha satti kavasam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I have found in many websites and books as kandha shasti kavasam.

But a old book( it is in dilapidated condition so, excuse me of not

mentioning publishers and other details) published around 1975 says

that it is kandhar satti kavasam. Satti means six in tamil . so it

makes sense and the book claims that it has copied from the original

scripts of Thevaraya swamigal. Like this they have published all the

six kavasams. If u compare theirs with the script we usually find

there are some notable changes albeit in small scale. any comments?

which one is right?

Please correct me if iam wrong

Samanurith

Yes Mr. Samanurith,

You are right. The reason is Sashti means six(Sixth day after Pournami) in Sanskrit. So Sashti means Sattri(six) in Tamil. The reason why the publishers given it as Satti is, the word Sashti has the sanskrit pronunciation "Sh" in it. The letters "Sh", "Ha", "Ja" are not proper Tamil letters and they are derived form Sanskrit. So in Tamil, we use to pronounce such words using some conjunctions, like ilakkumi for Lakshmi, Sanmuga for Shanmuga, Seya for Jeya etc...If you come to read older songs like Tirupugazh, you can notice the difference. So both the pronuncitions are right. But it will be a good choice to take the Tamil pronunciation for tamil Kadavul.

And, I dont remember any article ive come accross like Sasti Kavacham is meant for Sashti days. Here Sashti means the Arupadai Veedus of Murugan and hence one each song for Arupadai Veedus. And it can be recited in any day at any time. And if possible try to find the publisher address and author name and send them so that it can be very much useful.

Then, some days before, i met with a Murugan Adiyar who explained me why we should talk in Tamil. Since you know Tamil is the "Mazhalai Vaarthaigal" of Muruga that it came from the mouth of Muruga when he talked for the first time, it has its own spiritual value. And he gave an example as the life history of Thiru Gnana Sambandar. When he was a small child his father brought him to the Sivan temploe near by and he went to the temple pond to tale bath. At that time Thiru Gnana Sambandar got hungry and he began to cry for milk calling for his mother as Amma... Amma... On hearing this the Loga Matha Gnanambigai herself came in front of him and gave the Milk(Gnana Paal). On drinking it Thiru Gnana Sambandar got the capacity to sing and he was some 3 to 4 years that time. If you notice his songs you can realise that the songs written by him were extra ordinary that the children cannot even under stand the meaniing. Kolaru

Padigam is a good exmple for his skill and even today, the people reading it get rid of the bad effects of Nava Grahas and hence the name Kol(Nava Grahas) - Aru(Rectify from their bad effects) - Padigam(Song on Sivan). And the Adiyar added that atleast in our house we should talk in Tamil and even if we couldnt talk in Tamil we should call our father and mother as Appa and Amma which will automatically take out requests to the Loka Matha and Loka Pitha and they will care take you like they care for their child Muruga.

thank you...

Mayiladi Neeyadi Vara Venum...

Hi all, I have found in many websites and books as kandha shasti kavasam.But a old book( it is in dilapidated condition so, excuse me of notmentioning publishers and other details) published around 1975 saysthat it is kandhar satti kavasam. Satti means six in tamil . so itmakes sense and the book claims that it has copied from the originalscripts of Thevaraya swamigal. Like this they have published all thesix kavasams. If u compare theirs with the script we usually findthere are some notable changes albeit in small scale. any comments?which one is right?Please correct me if iam wrongSamanurith

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Dear all,

In my previous mail it was like "Sashti is the sixth day after Pournami". Please do read it as "Sashti is the sixth day after Pournami and Amavasi". But we fast in the Sashti which comes after Amavasi since it is the valarpirai Sashti.

Thank you.skanda kumara <skandakumara wrote:

Yes Mr. Samanurith,

You are right. The reason is Sashti means six(Sixth day after Pournami) in Sanskrit. So Sashti means Sattri(six) in Tamil. The reason why the publishers given it as Satti is, the word Sashti has the sanskrit pronunciation "Sh" in it. The letters "Sh", "Ha", "Ja" are not proper Tamil letters and they are derived form Sanskrit. So in Tamil, we use to pronounce such words using some conjunctions, like ilakkumi for Lakshmi, Sanmuga for Shanmuga, Seya for Jeya etc...If you come to read older songs like Tirupugazh, you can notice the difference. So both the pronuncitions are right. But it will be a good choice to take the Tamil pronunciation for tamil Kadavul.

And, I dont remember any article ive come accross like Sasti Kavacham is meant for Sashti days. Here Sashti means the Arupadai Veedus of Murugan and hence one each song for Arupadai Veedus. And it can be recited in any day at any time. And if possible try to find the publisher address and author name and send them so that it can be very much useful.

Then, some days before, i met with a Murugan Adiyar who explained me why we should talk in Tamil. Since you know Tamil is the "Mazhalai Vaarthaigal" of Muruga that it came from the mouth of Muruga when he talked for the first time, it has its own spiritual value. And he gave an example as the life history of Thiru Gnana Sambandar. When he was a small child his father brought him to the Sivan temploe near by and he went to the temple pond to tale bath. At that time Thiru Gnana Sambandar got hungry and he began to cry for milk calling for his mother as Amma... Amma... On hearing this the Loga Matha Gnanambigai herself came in front of him and gave the Milk(Gnana Paal). On drinking it Thiru Gnana Sambandar got the capacity to sing and he was some 3 to 4 years that time. If you notice his songs you can realise that the songs written by him were extra ordinary that the children cannot even under stand the meaniing. Kolaru

Padigam is a good exmple for his skill and even today, the people reading it get rid of the bad effects of Nava Grahas and hence the name Kol(Nava Grahas) - Aru(Rectify from their bad effects) - Padigam(Song on Sivan). And the Adiyar added that atleast in our house we should talk in Tamil and even if we couldnt talk in Tamil we should call our father and mother as Appa and Amma which will automatically take out requests to the Loka Matha and Loka Pitha and they will care take you like they care for their child Muruga.

thank you...

Mayiladi Neeyadi Vara Venum...

Hi all, I have found in many websites and books as kandha shasti kavasam.But a old book( it is in dilapidated condition so, excuse me of notmentioning publishers and other details) published around 1975 saysthat it is kandhar satti kavasam. Satti means six in tamil . so itmakes sense and the book claims that it has copied from the originalscripts of Thevaraya swamigal. Like this they have published all thesix kavasams. If u compare theirs with the script we usually findthere are some notable changes albeit in small scale. any comments?which one is right?Please correct me if iam wrongSamanurith

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.