IndiaDivine.org

[LordKumara] Valli & Devasena Sahasranam required

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Moorthy, I feel really happy on seeing your message. But I would like to share some points at this place. Since the reason that the worship of small devatas had increased and people deviated from their actual path, Adhi Sankarar simplified the worship methods in Hinduism and divided into major 6 divisions called Shanmadas – Gãnapatyam – Worship of Ganapathy Kaumaryam - Worship Of Kumara (Muruga) Sauryam - Worship Of Surya Sãktam - Worship Of Sakthi Saivam - Worship Of Siva and, Vaishnavam - Worship Of Vishnu In these 6 ways all other worships will come and it is widely accepted that all the 6 ways are the best ways. And it is widely accepted that Kaumaryam is better among the best. The reason is if you worship Ganapathy you will get peace of mind, if you worship Surya you will be cured from all the diseases and get a sound body, if you worship Sakthi, you will get a spiritual protection, if you worship Siva, you will get a way in the yogic path and if you worship Vishnu you will get all the types of wealth. And if you want to attain all these in a single way then the way you will have to go is Kaumaryam, the worship of Muruga. Yes, if you worship Muruga, you will get you will get peace of mind, will be cured from all the diseases and a sound body, a spiritual protection, a way in the yogic path and will get all the types of wealth. Ie., if you worship Muruga, it is meant that you have worshipped all other gods also in Shanmada -

Ganapathy, Suryan, Sakthi, Sivan and Vishnu. This is not my own opinion but is told in many of the ancient puranas and stotras. And since Muruga is the universal Guru, you need not go to any other guru if you go in yogic path (this happened in the life of Ramalinga Adigalar also – Muruga directly teached him the yogic ways through a mirror). And in Murugan worship there is a direct conversation between the devotee and Muruga, as like teacher and student and father and son. If we go in Saivam, pooja methods of Bhairava is there, in Vaishnavam, pooja methods

of Hanuman and Sakkattazhvar are there and in Saktam pooja methods of Durgai and Kali are there. But in Kaumaryam, there is no such other pooja method but one can ask there are pooja methods of Valli and Deivayanai. The reason is, when Adhi Sankarar divided Hinduism into six ways, he made the pooja methods such that pooja to all the deities should be made along with their consorts or whom we call as Devis. But this is only for those who go in yogic way but not for those who go in Bakthi Marga. This is told by Arunagirinathar that while worshipping Murugan, one should consider Valli, Devayanai, Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars as Murugan only. This is incidentally seen in many places like Muruga has come in the form of Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars where the Muruga Namam and the praise of Muruga is being recited. And, it is also a fact that Valli and Deivayanai will be there where Muruga Namam is recited and where there is praise of Muruga. This is happened in Valli malai swamigal’s life that when Valli malai swamigal was singing a Tirupugazh song Valli came in the form of a small girl and asked him to come to Valli malai and to sing Tirupugazh songs there. And added that she will come whereever Tirupugazh songs are sung. There is also an incident that Muruga came in the form of a youth along with Valli to a place where Panchamirda Vannam by Pamban Swamigal was being recited. And it is a fact that Tirupugazh songs by themselves are Mantras and it is widely accepted and proven that many of the devotees are cured from their illness, severe problems and evil effects created by others (which cannot be cured by simple mantras) by reciting Tirupugazh songs. So one who wants an improvement in spiritual career can recite Tirupugazh songs like Kandar Alangaram or Kandar Anuboothi are simply one song in Tirupugazh is also worth effect. And, one can also realize that Pamban Swamigal got the capacity to write poems simply by reciting Kanda Sasti Kavacham 36 times a day. This shows that all the Murugan Songs are basically mantras and there are a lot of proofs to support

this fact. I have a book for Kandar Anuboothi, which shows the relationship between the Anuboothi songs with Chakras and Mantras associated with them. It is given that every poem in Kandar Anuboothi has its individual quality and effect (Palan). This is only my humble opinion that I liked to share when I read your message. Thank you.mry2925 <mry2925 wrote: I'm Moorthy, one of the member. From the net i got Ashtotharam of Valli & Devasena (consorts of Lord Muruga). I would like to have their Sahasranamam also. If any body has pl. let me know - Moorthy

Personals Skip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free

Dear Skanda Kumara,

That was very informative. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

> This is told by Arunagirinathar that while

> worshipping Murugan, one should consider

> Valli, Devayanai, Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars

> as Murugan only.

What does Seval mean? (I do not know Tamil. By the way, I am planning

to learn it sometime in the near future.)

Also, I do not know what " Murugan Adiyars " means. Could you shed some

light?

Om Subrahmanyaya Namaha!

Thanks and May Muruga bless you,

Santhosh

dhandapani , skanda kumara <skandakumara>

wrote:

>

> Dear Mr. Moorthy,

> I feel really happy on seeing your message. But I would like to

share some points at this place. Since the reason that the worship of

small devatas had increased and people deviated from their actual

path, Adhi Sankarar simplified the worship methods in Hinduism and

divided into major 6 divisions called Shanmadas �

>

> G�napatyam � Worship of Ganapathy

> Kaumaryam - Worship Of Kumara (Muruga)

> Sauryam - Worship Of Surya

> S�ktam - Worship Of Sakthi

> Saivam - Worship Of Siva and,

> Vaishnavam - Worship Of Vishnu

> In these 6 ways all other worships will come and it is widely

accepted that all the 6 ways are the best ways. And it is widely

accepted that Kaumaryam is better among the best. The reason is if you

worship Ganapathy you will get peace of mind, if you worship Surya you

will be cured from all the diseases and get a sound body, if you

worship Sakthi, you will get a spiritual protection, if you worship

Siva, you will get a way in the yogic path and if you worship Vishnu

you will get all the types of wealth. And if you want to attain all

these in a single way then the way you will have to go is Kaumaryam,

the worship of Muruga. Yes, if you worship Muruga, you will get you

will get peace of mind, will be cured from all the diseases and a

sound body, a spiritual protection, a way in the yogic path and will

get all the types of wealth. Ie., if you worship Muruga, it is meant

that you have worshipped all other gods also in Shanmada - Ganapathy,

Suryan, Sakthi, Sivan and Vishnu. This is not

> my own opinion but is told in many of the ancient puranas and stotras.

>

> And since Muruga is the universal Guru, you need not

go to any other guru if you go in yogic path (this happened in the

life of Ramalinga Adigalar also � Muruga directly teached him the

yogic ways through a mirror). And in Murugan worship there is a direct

conversation between the devotee and Muruga, as like teacher and

student and father and son. If we go in Saivam, pooja methods of

Bhairava is there, in Vaishnavam, pooja methods of Hanuman and

Sakkattazhvar are there and in Saktam pooja methods of Durgai and Kali

are there. But in Kaumaryam, there is no such other pooja method but

one can ask there are pooja methods of Valli and Deivayanai. The

reason is, when Adhi Sankarar divided Hinduism into six ways, he made

the pooja methods such that pooja to all the deities should be made

along with their consorts or whom we call as Devis. But this is only

for those who go in yogic way but not for those who go in Bakthi

Marga. This is told by Arunagirinathar that while

> worshipping Murugan, one should consider Valli, Devayanai, Vel,

Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars as Murugan only. This is incidentally

seen in many places like Muruga has come in the form of Vel, Mayil,

Seval and Murugan Adiyars where the Muruga Namam and the praise of

Muruga is being recited.

>

> And, it is also a fact that Valli and Deivayanai will

be there where Muruga Namam is recited and where there is praise of

Muruga. This is happened in Valli malai swamigal�s life that when

Valli malai swamigal was singing a Tirupugazh song Valli came in the

form of a small girl and asked him to come to Valli malai and to sing

Tirupugazh songs there. And added that she will come whereever

Tirupugazh songs are sung. There is also an incident that Muruga came

in the form of a youth along with Valli to a place where Panchamirda

Vannam by Pamban Swamigal was being recited.

>

> And it is a fact that Tirupugazh songs by themselves

are Mantras and it is widely accepted and proven that many of the

devotees are cured from their illness, severe problems and evil

effects created by others (which cannot be cured by simple mantras) by

reciting Tirupugazh songs. So one who wants an improvement in

spiritual career can recite Tirupugazh songs like Kandar Alangaram or

Kandar Anuboothi are simply one song in Tirupugazh is also worth

effect. And, one can also realize that Pamban Swamigal got the

capacity to write poems simply by reciting Kanda Sasti Kavacham 36

times a day. This shows that all the Murugan Songs are basically

mantras and there are a lot of proofs to support this fact. I have a

book for Kandar Anuboothi, which shows the relationship between the

Anuboothi songs with Chakras and Mantras associated with them. It is

given that every poem in Kandar Anuboothi has its individual quality

and effect (Palan).

>

> This is only my humble opinion that I liked to share

when I read your message.

>

> Thank you.

>

>

> mry2925 <mry2925> wrote:

> I'm Moorthy, one of the member. From the net i got Ashtotharam of

Valli

> & Devasena (consorts of Lord Muruga). I would like to have their

> Sahasranamam also. If any body has pl. let me know - Moorthy

>

Dear Santhosh "Seval" means the Rooster (male chicken). "Adiyars" generally means deep devotees. But I request other group members to explain if there are very famous personalities who represent Murugan Adiyars. Eg. we know about Arunagirinathar, Pamban Swamigal; I suppose they are Murugan Adiyars. There should be some more. Patriciasanthosh_s_nair <santhosh_s_nair wrote: Dear Skanda Kumara, That was very informative. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. > This is told by Arunagirinathar that while > worshipping Murugan, one should consider > Valli, Devayanai, Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars > as Murugan only. What does Seval mean? (I do not know Tamil. By the way, I am

planning to learn it sometime in the near future.) Also, I do not know what "Murugan Adiyars" means. Could you shed some light? Om Subrahmanyaya Namaha! Thanks and May Muruga bless you, Santhosh dhandapani , skanda kumara <skandakumara> wrote: > > Dear Mr. Moorthy, > I feel really happy on seeing your message. But I would like to share some points at this place. Since the reason that the worship of small devatas had increased and people deviated from their actual path, Adhi Sankarar simplified the worship methods in Hinduism and divided into major 6 divisions called Shanmadas � > > G�napatyam � Worship of Ganapathy > Kaumaryam - Worship Of Kumara (Muruga) > Sauryam - Worship Of

Surya > S�ktam - Worship Of Sakthi > Saivam - Worship Of Siva and, > Vaishnavam - Worship Of Vishnu > In these 6 ways all other worships will come and it is widely accepted that all the 6 ways are the best ways. And it is widely accepted that Kaumaryam is better among the best. The reason is if you worship Ganapathy you will get peace of mind, if you worship Surya you will be cured from all the diseases and get a sound body, if you worship Sakthi, you will get a spiritual protection, if you worship Siva, you will get a way in the yogic path and if you worship Vishnu you will get all the types of wealth. And if you want to attain all these in a single way then the way you will have to go is Kaumaryam, the worship of Muruga. Yes, if you worship Muruga, you will get you will get peace of mind, will be cured from

all the diseases and a sound body, a spiritual protection, a way in the yogic path and will get all the types of wealth. Ie., if you worship Muruga, it is meant that you have worshipped all other gods also in Shanmada - Ganapathy, Suryan, Sakthi, Sivan and Vishnu. This is not > my own opinion but is told in many of the ancient puranas and stotras. > > And since Muruga is the universal Guru, you need not go to any other guru if you go in yogic path (this happened in the life of Ramalinga Adigalar also � Muruga directly teached him the yogic ways through a mirror). And in Murugan worship there is a direct conversation between the devotee and Muruga, as like teacher and student and father and son. If we go in Saivam, pooja methods of Bhairava is there, in Vaishnavam, pooja methods of Hanuman and

Sakkattazhvar are there and in Saktam pooja methods of Durgai and Kali are there. But in Kaumaryam, there is no such other pooja method but one can ask there are pooja methods of Valli and Deivayanai. The reason is, when Adhi Sankarar divided Hinduism into six ways, he made the pooja methods such that pooja to all the deities should be made along with their consorts or whom we call as Devis. But this is only for those who go in yogic way but not for those who go in Bakthi Marga. This is told by Arunagirinathar that while > worshipping Murugan, one should consider Valli, Devayanai, Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars as Murugan only. This is incidentally seen in many places like Muruga has come in the form of Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars where the Muruga Namam and the praise of Muruga is being recited. > > And, it is also a fact that Valli and Deivayanai will be there where Muruga Namam is recited and where there is praise of Muruga. This is happened in Valli malai swamigal�s life that when Valli malai swamigal was singing a Tirupugazh song Valli came in the form of a small girl and asked him to come to Valli malai and to sing Tirupugazh songs there. And added that she will come whereever Tirupugazh songs are sung. There is also an incident that Muruga came in the form of a youth along with Valli to a place where Panchamirda Vannam by Pamban Swamigal was being recited. > > And it is a fact that Tirupugazh songs by themselves are Mantras and it is widely accepted and proven that many of the devotees are cured from their

illness, severe problems and evil effects created by others (which cannot be cured by simple mantras) by reciting Tirupugazh songs. So one who wants an improvement in spiritual career can recite Tirupugazh songs like Kandar Alangaram or Kandar Anuboothi are simply one song in Tirupugazh is also worth effect. And, one can also realize that Pamban Swamigal got the capacity to write poems simply by reciting Kanda Sasti Kavacham 36 times a day. This shows that all the Murugan Songs are basically mantras and there are a lot of proofs to support this fact. I have a book for Kandar Anuboothi, which shows the relationship between the Anuboothi songs with Chakras and Mantras associated with them. It is given that every poem in Kandar Anuboothi has its individual quality and effect (Palan). > > This is only

my humble opinion that I liked to share when I read your message. > > Thank you. > > > mry2925 <mry2925> wrote: > I'm Moorthy, one of the member. From the net i got Ashtotharam of Valli > & Devasena (consorts of Lord Muruga). I would like to have their > Sahasranamam also. If any body has pl. let me know - Moorthy > > > > > > > >

Dear Mr. Patricia and Mr. Santosh Nair, Very happy to see your mails. Here, i would like to share some points. Normally all the siddars are said to be the students of Muruga since Muruga is said to be the supreme guru of all the siddars who are doing any kind of yoga. If you come across the history of ancient Murugan temples, you can notice that at least one siddar would have worshipped the moorthy there. Even Siva Peruman is a student of Muruga – you might have come across the story of Swami malai (Swamy natha Swamy) and since Muruga is the head of all yogis he is said to be “Maha Yogi”(this name is in the Subramanya Sahasranamam). And South India is said to be the “Siddha Boomi”(a place where siddars have lived and have practiced various yogaa). There is a fact to prove this fact that Konganar, one of the 18 Tamil Siddhars, is said to have the native of Kongana Desam(what we call as Rome now) and he has come to Tamil Nadu to learn some yogas. Even now it is believed that many of the Siddhars are living in Kollimalai, Kutralam, Tiruchengode, Chennimalai, Pazhani, Marudamalai and many other hills of South India. 1. Arunagirinathar 2. Pamban Swamigal 3. Devaraya Swamigal 4. Dandapani Swamigal 5. Valli Malai

Swamigal 6. Ramalinga Adigalar 7. Kirupananda Variyar Are some of the famous Murugan devotees known by us. Even in 20th century we can say a number of famous persons in Tamil Film industry who are identified as Murugan Adiyars – 1. K. P. Sundarambal 2. Pithukuli Murugadas 3. Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan 4. A. V. Muthu Samy Chettiyar 5. M. S. Viswanathan and who all are reciting the name of Muruga are Murugan Adiyars. Thank you. Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote: Dear Santhosh"Seval" means the Rooster (male chicken). "Adiyars" generally means deep devotees. But I request other group members to explain if there are very famous personalities who represent Murugan Adiyars. Eg. we know about Arunagirinathar, Pamban Swamigal; I suppose they are Murugan Adiyars. There should be some more.Patriciasanthosh_s_nair

<santhosh_s_nair wrote: Dear Skanda Kumara,That was very informative. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.> This is told by Arunagirinathar that while> worshipping Murugan, one should consider > Valli, Devayanai, Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars > as Murugan only.What does Seval mean? (I do not know Tamil. By the way, I am planningto learn it sometime in the near future.)Also, I do not know what "Murugan Adiyars" means. Could you shed somelight?Om Subrahmanyaya Namaha!Thanks and May Muruga bless you,Santhoshdhandapani , skanda kumara <skandakumara>wrote:>> Dear Mr. Moorthy,> I feel really happy on seeing your message. But I would like toshare some points at

this place. Since the reason that the worship ofsmall devatas had increased and people deviated from their actualpath, Adhi Sankarar simplified the worship methods in Hinduism anddivided into major 6 divisions called Shanmadas � > > G�napatyam � Worship of Ganapathy > Kaumaryam - Worship Of Kumara (Muruga) > Sauryam - Worship Of Surya > S�ktam - Worship Of Sakthi > Saivam - Worship Of Siva and, > Vaishnavam - Worship Of Vishnu> In these 6 ways all other worships will come and it is widelyaccepted that all the 6 ways are the best ways. And it is widelyaccepted that Kaumaryam is better among the best. The reason is if youworship Ganapathy you will get peace of mind, if you worship Surya youwill be cured from all

the diseases and get a sound body, if youworship Sakthi, you will get a spiritual protection, if you worshipSiva, you will get a way in the yogic path and if you worship Vishnuyou will get all the types of wealth. And if you want to attain allthese in a single way then the way you will have to go is Kaumaryam,the worship of Muruga. Yes, if you worship Muruga, you will get youwill get peace of mind, will be cured from all the diseases and asound body, a spiritual protection, a way in the yogic path and willget all the types of wealth. Ie., if you worship Muruga, it is meantthat you have worshipped all other gods also in Shanmada - Ganapathy,Suryan, Sakthi, Sivan and Vishnu. This is not> my own opinion but is told in many of the ancient puranas and stotras.> > And since Muruga is the universal Guru, you need

notgo to any other guru if you go in yogic path (this happened in thelife of Ramalinga Adigalar also � Muruga directly teached him theyogic ways through a mirror). And in Murugan worship there is a directconversation between the devotee and Muruga, as like teacher andstudent and father and son. If we go in Saivam, pooja methods ofBhairava is there, in Vaishnavam, pooja methods of Hanuman andSakkattazhvar are there and in Saktam pooja methods of Durgai and Kaliare there. But in Kaumaryam, there is no such other pooja method butone can ask there are pooja methods of Valli and Deivayanai. Thereason is, when Adhi Sankarar divided Hinduism into six ways, he madethe pooja methods such that pooja to all the deities should be madealong with their consorts or whom we call as Devis. But this is onlyfor those who go in yogic way but not for those who go in BakthiMarga. This is told by Arunagirinathar that while> worshipping

Murugan, one should consider Valli, Devayanai, Vel,Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars as Murugan only. This is incidentallyseen in many places like Muruga has come in the form of Vel, Mayil,Seval and Murugan Adiyars where the Muruga Namam and the praise ofMuruga is being recited. > > And, it is also a fact that Valli and Deivayanai willbe there where Muruga Namam is recited and where there is praise ofMuruga. This is happened in Valli malai swamigal�s life that whenValli malai swamigal was singing a Tirupugazh song Valli came in theform of a small girl and asked him to come to Valli malai and to singTirupugazh songs there. And added that she will come whereeverTirupugazh songs are sung. There is also an incident that Muruga camein the form of a youth along with Valli to a place where PanchamirdaVannam by Pamban

Swamigal was being recited. > > And it is a fact that Tirupugazh songs by themselvesare Mantras and it is widely accepted and proven that many of thedevotees are cured from their illness, severe problems and evileffects created by others (which cannot be cured by simple mantras) byreciting Tirupugazh songs. So one who wants an improvement inspiritual career can recite Tirupugazh songs like Kandar Alangaram orKandar Anuboothi are simply one song in Tirupugazh is also wortheffect. And, one can also realize that Pamban Swamigal got thecapacity to write poems simply by reciting Kanda Sasti Kavacham 36times a day. This shows that all the Murugan Songs are basicallymantras and there are a lot of proofs to support this fact. I have abook for Kandar Anuboothi, which shows the relationship between theAnuboothi songs with

Chakras and Mantras associated with them. It isgiven that every poem in Kandar Anuboothi has its individual qualityand effect (Palan). > > This is only my humble opinion that I liked to sharewhen I read your message. > > Thank you.> > > mry2925 <mry2925> wrote:> I'm Moorthy, one of the member. From the net i got Ashtotharam ofValli > & Devasena (consorts of Lord Muruga). I would like to have their > Sahasranamam also. If any body has pl. let me know - Moorthy> > > > > > >

>

Thank you Patricia and Skanda for your responses.

dhandapani , skanda kumara <skandakumara>

wrote:

>

> Dear Mr. Patricia and Mr. Santosh Nair,

>

> Very happy to see your mails. Here, i would like to share

some points. Normally all the siddars are said to be the students of

Muruga since Muruga is said to be the supreme guru of all the siddars

who are doing any kind of yoga. If you come across the history of

ancient Murugan temples, you can notice that at least one siddar

would have worshipped the moorthy there. Even Siva Peruman is a

student of Muruga – you might have come across the story of Swami

malai (Swamy natha Swamy) and since Muruga is the head of all yogis

he is said to be " Maha Yogi " (this name is in the Subramanya

Sahasranamam).

> And South India is said to be the " Siddha Boomi " (a place where

siddars have lived and have practiced various yogaa). There is a fact

to prove this fact that Konganar, one of the 18 Tamil Siddhars, is

said to have the native of Kongana Desam(what we call as Rome now)

and he has come to Tamil Nadu to learn some yogas. Even now it is

believed that many of the Siddhars are living in Kollimalai,

Kutralam, Tiruchengode, Chennimalai, Pazhani, Marudamalai and many

other hills of South India.

>

> 1. Arunagirinathar

> 2. Pamban Swamigal

> 3. Devaraya Swamigal

> 4. Dandapani Swamigal

> 5. Valli Malai Swamigal

> 6. Ramalinga Adigalar

> 7. Kirupananda Variyar

> Are some of the famous Murugan devotees known by us. Even in 20th

century we can say a number of famous persons in Tamil Film industry

who are identified as Murugan Adiyars –

> 1. K. P. Sundarambal

> 2. Pithukuli Murugadas

> 3. Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan

> 4. A. V. Muthu Samy Chettiyar

> 5. M. S. Viswanathan

> and who all are reciting the name of Muruga are Murugan

> Adiyars.

>

> Thank you.

>

>

>

> Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000> wrote:

> Dear Santhosh

> " Seval " means the Rooster (male chicken).

>

> " Adiyars " generally means deep devotees. But I request other group

members to explain if there are very famous personalities who

represent Murugan Adiyars. Eg. we know about Arunagirinathar, Pamban

Swamigal; I suppose they are Murugan Adiyars. There should be some

more.

>

> Patricia

>

> santhosh_s_nair <santhosh_s_nair> wrote:

>

> Dear Skanda Kumara,

>

> That was very informative. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

>

> > This is told by Arunagirinathar that while

> > worshipping Murugan, one should consider

> > Valli, Devayanai, Vel, Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars

> > as Murugan only.

>

> What does Seval mean? (I do not know Tamil. By the way, I am

planning

> to learn it sometime in the near future.)

>

> Also, I do not know what " Murugan Adiyars " means. Could you shed

some

> light?

>

> Om Subrahmanyaya Namaha!

>

> Thanks and May Muruga bless you,

>

> Santhosh

>

> dhandapani , skanda kumara <skandakumara>

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Mr. Moorthy,

> > I feel really happy on seeing your message. But I would like

to

> share some points at this place. Since the reason that the worship

of

> small devatas had increased and people deviated from their actual

> path, Adhi Sankarar simplified the worship methods in Hinduism and

> divided into major 6 divisions called Shanmadas �

> >

> > G�napatyam � Worship of Ganapathy

> > Kaumaryam - Worship Of Kumara (Muruga)

> > Sauryam - Worship Of Surya

> > S�ktam - Worship Of Sakthi

> > Saivam - Worship Of Siva and,

> > Vaishnavam - Worship Of Vishnu

> > In these 6 ways all other worships will come and it is widely

> accepted that all the 6 ways are the best ways. And it is widely

> accepted that Kaumaryam is better among the best. The reason is if

you

> worship Ganapathy you will get peace of mind, if you worship Surya

you

> will be cured from all the diseases and get a sound body, if you

> worship Sakthi, you will get a spiritual protection, if you worship

> Siva, you will get a way in the yogic path and if you worship Vishnu

> you will get all the types of wealth. And if you want to attain all

> these in a single way then the way you will have to go is Kaumaryam,

> the worship of Muruga. Yes, if you worship Muruga, you will get you

> will get peace of mind, will be cured from all the diseases and a

> sound body, a spiritual protection, a way in the yogic path and will

> get all the types of wealth. Ie., if you worship Muruga, it is meant

> that you have worshipped all other gods also in Shanmada -

Ganapathy,

> Suryan, Sakthi, Sivan and Vishnu. This is not

> > my own opinion but is told in many of the ancient puranas and

stotras.

> >

> > And since Muruga is the universal Guru, you need not

> go to any other guru if you go in yogic path (this happened in the

> life of Ramalinga Adigalar also � Muruga directly teached him the

> yogic ways through a mirror). And in Murugan worship there is a

direct

> conversation between the devotee and Muruga, as like teacher and

> student and father and son. If we go in Saivam, pooja methods of

> Bhairava is there, in Vaishnavam, pooja methods of Hanuman and

> Sakkattazhvar are there and in Saktam pooja methods of Durgai and

Kali

> are there. But in Kaumaryam, there is no such other pooja method but

> one can ask there are pooja methods of Valli and Deivayanai. The

> reason is, when Adhi Sankarar divided Hinduism into six ways, he

made

> the pooja methods such that pooja to all the deities should be made

> along with their consorts or whom we call as Devis. But this is only

> for those who go in yogic way but not for those who go in Bakthi

> Marga. This is told by Arunagirinathar that while

> > worshipping Murugan, one should consider Valli, Devayanai, Vel,

> Mayil, Seval and Murugan Adiyars as Murugan only. This is

incidentally

> seen in many places like Muruga has come in the form of Vel, Mayil,

> Seval and Murugan Adiyars where the Muruga Namam and the praise of

> Muruga is being recited.

> >

> > And, it is also a fact that Valli and Deivayanai

will

> be there where Muruga Namam is recited and where there is praise of

> Muruga. This is happened in Valli malai swamigal�s life that when

> Valli malai swamigal was singing a Tirupugazh song Valli came in the

> form of a small girl and asked him to come to Valli malai and to

sing

> Tirupugazh songs there. And added that she will come whereever

> Tirupugazh songs are sung. There is also an incident that Muruga

came

> in the form of a youth along with Valli to a place where Panchamirda

> Vannam by Pamban Swamigal was being recited.

> >

> > And it is a fact that Tirupugazh songs by themselves

> are Mantras and it is widely accepted and proven that many of the

> devotees are cured from their illness, severe problems and evil

> effects created by others (which cannot be cured by simple mantras)

by

> reciting Tirupugazh songs. So one who wants an improvement in

> spiritual career can recite Tirupugazh songs like Kandar Alangaram

or

> Kandar Anuboothi are simply one song in Tirupugazh is also worth

> effect. And, one can also realize that Pamban Swamigal got the

> capacity to write poems simply by reciting Kanda Sasti Kavacham 36

> times a day. This shows that all the Murugan Songs are basically

> mantras and there are a lot of proofs to support this fact. I have a

> book for Kandar Anuboothi, which shows the relationship between the

> Anuboothi songs with Chakras and Mantras associated with them. It is

> given that every poem in Kandar Anuboothi has its individual quality

> and effect (Palan).

> >

> > This is only my humble opinion that I liked to share

> when I read your message.

> >

> > Thank you.

> >

> >

> > mry2925 <mry2925> wrote:

> > I'm Moorthy, one of the member. From the net i got Ashtotharam

of

> Valli

> > & Devasena (consorts of Lord Muruga). I would like to have their

> > Sahasranamam also. If any body has pl. let me know - Moorthy

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Santosh..

Sorry for the late response. Just wanted to add some more points to the " Murugan Adiyar " Meaning. In Tamil " Adi " means " foot " (both the physical part as well as measurement). Thiruvadi or Thiru Adi means the Holy Feet. Those keep thinking of the Lotus Feet of the Lord are known as " Adiyars " . This is one possible interpretation. Another meaning for " Adi " is " below " . This means those who serve the Lord. What we call as " Das " or " Dasa " of the Lord in other Indian Languages could be translated as " Adiyars " in Tamil. As Patricia and Skanda said it basically refers to those devotees of Lord whom we love to be associated with to know about. Murugan Adiyars not only serve The Lord, but also His devotees. Any sincere devotee could be called as " Adiyar " .

In the journey of knowledge and growth, one can try to become the head of the biggest company, head of the most powerful country or even the most powerful of the mystics and yogis who can transcend the all worlds and rule the universes as Surapadman did. That much is the potential waiting to be unleashed in every individual. As Swami Vivekananda says every human being is boundlessly powerful. But the highest post or highest position available for one in this world and after or the highest post (truly higher than all these) we can aspire for could be " Murugan Adiyar " that is to serve Him and His devotees only. Sages like Agasthya or Karaikal Ammayar have permenantly found a place near His Feet and Sages like Agasthya additionally manifest themselves in many forms to help His devotees achieve this status.

Wish you and everyone wonderful experiences with the Boundless Grace of Lord Murugan

Murugan Thiruvadi Saranam Saranam.

With Best RegardsMeyyappan S

> santhosh_s_nair <santhosh_s_nair> wrote: > > Also, I do not know what " Murugan Adiyars " means. Could you shed some> light?> > Om Subrahmanyaya Namaha!> > Thanks and May Muruga bless you,> > Santhosh

Dear Meyyappan,

That was very insightful. I understand the meaning of Adiyar deeper

now. Your explanation on Murugan Adiyar being someone who has

achieved the supreme state of Murugan bhakti (devotion) is

magnificent.

Thanks,

Santhosh

dhandapani , S Meyyappan <smeyyappan@g...>

wrote:

>

> MURUGA SARANAM

>

> Dear Santosh..

>

> Sorry for the late response. Just wanted to add some more points to

the

> " Murugan Adiyar " Meaning. In Tamil " Adi " means " foot " (both the

physical

> part as well as measurement). Thiruvadi or Thiru Adi means the Holy

Feet.

> Those keep thinking of the Lotus Feet of the Lord are known

as " Adiyars " .

> This is one possible interpretation. Another meaning for " Adi "

is " below " .

> This means those who serve the Lord. What we call as " Das "

or " Dasa " of the

> Lord in other Indian Languages could be translated as " Adiyars " in

Tamil. As

> Patricia and Skanda said it basically refers to those devotees of

Lord whom

> we love to be associated with to know about. Murugan Adiyars not

only serve

> The Lord, but also His devotees. Any sincere devotee could be

called as

> " Adiyar " .

>

> In the journey of knowledge and growth, one can try to become the

head of

> the biggest company, head of the most powerful country or even the

most

> powerful of the mystics and yogis who can transcend the all worlds

and rule

> the universes as Surapadman did. That much is the potential waiting

to be

> unleashed in every individual. As Swami Vivekananda says every

human being

> is boundlessly powerful. But the highest post or highest position

available

> for one in this world and after or the highest post (truly higher

than all

> these) we can aspire for could be " Murugan Adiyar " that is to serve

Him and

> His devotees only. Sages like Agasthya or Karaikal Ammayar have

permenantly

> found a place near His Feet and Sages like Agasthya additionally

manifest

> themselves in many forms to help His devotees achieve this status.

>

> Wish you and everyone wonderful experiences with the Boundless

Grace of Lord

> Murugan

>

> Murugan Thiruvadi Saranam Saranam.

>

> With Best Regards

> Meyyappan S

>

>

>