IndiaDivine.org

Kavadi Viratham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear sir, Each one fasts according to his own ability but generally, one can fast for 48days/30days/15days or even a week. It all depends on age, health factor , job requirements etc. But ideally in my opinion, 48 days fasting also becomes a mandalam ; so most of the devotees fast for 48days. During that period, eating rice as a part of food is only once a day, it could be either lunch or dinner the choice is yours again. However people prefer to have snacks for dinner during that time (idli/dosa etc) Sleeping on the mat spread on the floor is adviced during the viratham period. Abstaining from physical relationship for the entire viratham period is mandatory if married. If you know any shloka of lord muruga then you may recite it depending on your convenience

- morning/evening/both. If there is a temple closeby in your locality you may visit it or just mental chanting of Muruga!!Muruga!! is good enough . If you know the thirupugazh then you may sing . My Murugan is a very very sweet god!! He is so gracious that he accepts whatever we do with full devotion. Sir, if we call him once with full devotion, he will come running to us!!! thats my personal experience. Potri !! Potri!! Potri!! Regards Lalethaa Ganeshnagumuthu <nagumuthu wrote: Hi,Pl. let me know what are the viratham procedures for carrying kavadi during thaipusam festival. With Lord murugan grace, I wish to carry kavadi at penang, thanneermalai

temple.-M Muthu. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Its very informative and here i would like to add one more point. During the fast one should not take egg or non-veg foods and food that contains more masala, pepper, salt, and etc of the same kind since these food will induce the feelings of a man.lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear sir, Each one fasts according to his own ability but generally, one can fast for 48days/30days/15days or even a week. It all depends on age, health factor , job requirements etc. But ideally in my opinion, 48 days fasting also becomes a mandalam ; so most of the devotees fast for 48days. During that period, eating rice as a part of food is only once a day, it could be either lunch or dinner the choice is yours

again. However people prefer to have snacks for dinner during that time (idli/dosa etc) Sleeping on the mat spread on the floor is adviced during the viratham period. Abstaining from physical relationship for the entire viratham period is mandatory if married. If you know any shloka of lord muruga then you may recite it depending on your convenience - morning/evening/both. If there is a temple closeby in your locality you may visit it or just mental chanting of Muruga!!Muruga!! is good enough . If you know the thirupugazh then you may sing . My Murugan is a very very sweet god!! He is so gracious that he accepts whatever we do with full devotion. Sir, if we call him once with full devotion, he will come running to us!!! thats my personal experience. Potri !! Potri!!

Potri!! Regards Lalethaa Ganeshnagumuthu <nagumuthu wrote: Hi,Pl. let me know what are the viratham procedures for carrying kavadi during thaipusam festival. With Lord murugan grace, I wish to carry kavadi at penang, thanneermalai temple.-M Muthu. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Dear Lalitha Ganesh Thank you for your mail about virutham details. i like the last sentence - (If we call him once with full devotion, he will come running to us!!!) that is true. Once again thank you. N.Mohanraj Muruga Saranam. lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear sir, Each one fasts according to his own ability but generally, one can fast for 48days/30days/15days or even a week. It all depends on age, health factor , job requirements etc. But ideally in my opinion, 48 days fasting also becomes a mandalam ; so most of the devotees fast for 48days. During that period, eating rice as a part of food is only

once a day, it could be either lunch or dinner the choice is yours again. However people prefer to have snacks for dinner during that time (idli/dosa etc) Sleeping on the mat spread on the floor is adviced during the viratham period. Abstaining from physical relationship for the entire viratham period is mandatory if married. If you know any shloka of lord muruga then you may recite it depending on your convenience - morning/evening/both. If there is a temple closeby in your locality you may visit it or just mental chanting of Muruga!!Muruga!! is good enough . If you know the thirupugazh then you may sing . My Murugan is a very very sweet god!! He is so gracious that he accepts whatever we do with full devotion. Sir, if we call him once with full devotion, he will come running to us!!! thats my

personal experience. Potri !! Potri!! Potri!! Regards Lalethaa Ganeshnagumuthu <nagumuthu wrote: Hi,Pl. let me know what are the viratham procedures for carrying kavadi during thaipusam festival. With Lord murugan grace, I wish to carry kavadi at penang, thanneermalai temple.-M Muthu. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Mr. Muthu..

I would have also added the same points which were meticulously composed by Lalethaa Ganesh. Also one should do haircut only after fulfilling the vow. Usually people tonsure their head at the temple premises itself on the same day or a day before submitting the Kavadi.

" My Murugan is a very very sweet god!! He is so gracious that he accepts whatever we do with full devotion. Sir, if we call him once with full devotion, he will come running to us!!! thats my personal experience. "

That is a very ture statement. Thats why one wants to visit His temple again and again irresistibly. 90% of the people who carry Kavadi want to carry it again and again year after year. Thats amazing. If someone even unknowingly feels he is able to do it (carrying the Kavadi or doing pilgrimage on foot) very soon he or she is made to realise that it is because of His will one is able to fulfil the vow peacefully. That is the " I " feeling should never come even in the subtlest way. Through out it will be good if one does not get angry. Tolerating is not the right way of not getting angry as it is only a way of suppressing it. But if we think from the other person's point of view we would understand why he or she behaves so. And the other person may be correct also. Then we wont get angry. Talking about others in their absence is also prohibited. At the end of fasting if atleast few of the things we continue to practise in our lives the World will be full of Murugan Adiyars only. We should seek His blessings for that.

May Murugan's blessings and grace be with you in successfully fulfilling your Vow. Wish you nice Spiritual Experiences.

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 12/16/05, lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote:

Dear sir,

Each one fasts according to his own ability but generally, one can fast for 48days/30days/15days or even a week.

It all depends on age, health factor , job requirements etc.

But ideally in my opinion, 48 days fasting also becomes a mandalam ; so most of the devotees fast for 48days.

During that period, eating rice as a part of food is only once a day, it could be either lunch or dinner the choice is yours again.

However people prefer to have snacks for dinner during that time (idli/dosa etc)

Sleeping on the mat spread on the floor is adviced during the viratham period.

Abstaining from physical relationship for the entire viratham period is mandatory if married.

If you know any shloka of lord muruga then you may recite it depending on your convenience - morning/evening/both.

If there is a temple closeby in your locality you may visit it or just mental chanting of Muruga!!Muruga!! is good enough .

If you know the thirupugazh then you may sing .

My Murugan is a very very sweet god!! He is so gracious that he accepts whatever we do with full devotion. Sir, if we call him once with full devotion, he will come running to us!!! thats my personal experience.

Potri !! Potri!! Potri!!

Regards

Lalethaa Ganesh