IndiaDivine.org

Thiruchembur Thirumurugan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members, To be born in kaliyuga is indeed a blessing in disguise!!!!! The mere utterance of God's name is enough to free us from the cycles of birth and death. Lord muruga is considered to be a benevolent God ,who liberates his devotees from their karmic cycle. MU - lord vishnu RU- rudra / lord shiva GA- lord brahma. The name MURUGA encompasses the trinity and is believed to be a God whose crushes mountains of sins and thus helps in attaining liberation. The Thiruchembur Thirumurugan temple at Cheddanagar,Chembur needs no introduction to a Mumbaikar. My long association with Lord Muruga began from this temple. Not everyone is fortunate enough to visit the six abodes of Lord muruga, but a mere glimpse of the lord at this temple , is as good as visiting the Aru Padai Veedu. Built in 1980, the temple celebrated its silver jubilee in the month of

January this year with great pomp. There are 108 steps that leads one to the Sanctum Sanctorum.Apart from the main deity,this temple is the abode of lord ganesha, ayyappa swami,guruvayoorappan,the navagrahas, goddess durga,lord shiva. All the important festivals right from ONAM to the NAVARATHRI is celebrated in great grandeur. The golden chariot of Lord Muruga is taken around on important dates late in the evening , so that even an office goer is not deprived of the lord's blessings on such auspicious ocassions. This temple celebrates the Arunagirinathar Vizha and Padivizha on August 15th and January 26th respectively, in the divine presence of Mr.Raghavan, a great soul, whose Thirpugazh renderations are

so moving, that one can feel Lord Muruga's presence when he sings ,"Murugesane Varavenume". The volunteers of this temple are retired professionals who tirelessly work for the smooth functioning of the daily activities by helping the priests. Vedas,Rudram,Chamakam, Vishnu Sahasranamam etc is taught here. The pradosha pooja is conducted amidst the chanting of the Purusha Suktam, Rudram,Chamakam that one needs to be a witness to this to feel the vibes. My Murugan here draws crowds from different facets of life with no discrimination of creed, race, caste and even religion. Whoever comes here never goes

back empty handed!!!!! and I hit the floor thrice as I type this. This temple has played an important role in my spiritual pursuits. It is here, that I took my first kavadi , felt the presence of my Murugan , witnessed homas and kumbabhishek and above all got close to my ishta devata , my very sweet Murugan. Lastly, I salute to all murugan bhaktas who worship him , as a respectful prayer. "VAZHGA SEER ADIYAR YELLAM" Regards Lalethaa Ganesh. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

MURUGA SARANAM

Thank you very much for the interesting information on Thiruchembur Thirumurugan. The personal experiences of devotees inspires a lot because everyone of us love to hear about His leelas more and more. He is such a " Sweet " (as rightly put by you) One because he closely interacts with each and everyone. I hear more of such experiences only from Murugan Devotees. Probably thats why The Master of the Universe in His beautiful Six Faced Form is known as " Kaliyuga Varadan " . The phrases " Velum Mayilum ThuNai " (His Lance and Peacock will guard you) and " Yaamirukka BayamEn " (Why fear when I am present) are very true. Just think of Him or utter His name he immediately makes His presence felt. The more you try to emotionally connect to Him the more He spiritually benefits you. Thinking of His grace helps in doing that.

May All Glories be to Thiruchembur ThiruMurga Swamy.

Murugan thiruvadi Saranam Saranam

With Best RegardsMeyyappan S

On 12/19/05, lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote:

Dear Members,

To be born in kaliyuga is indeed a blessing in disguise!!!!! The mere utterance of God's name is enough to free us from the cycles of birth and death.

Lord muruga is considered to be a benevolent God ,who liberates his devotees from their karmic cycle.

MU - lord vishnu

RU- rudra / lord shiva

GA- lord brahma.

The name MURUGA encompasses the trinity and is believed to be a God whose crushes mountains of sins and thus helps in attaining liberation.

The Thiruchembur Thirumurugan temple at Cheddanagar,Chembur needs no introduction to a Mumbaikar. My long association with Lord Muruga began from this temple.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to visit the six abodes of Lord muruga, but a mere glimpse of the lord at this temple , is as good as visiting the Aru Padai Veedu.

Built in 1980, the temple celebrated its silver jubilee in the month of January this year with great pomp. There are 108 steps that leads one to the Sanctum Sanctorum.Apart from the main deity,this temple is the abode of lord ganesha, ayyappa swami,guruvayoorappan,the navagrahas, goddess durga,lord shiva.

All the important festivals right from ONAM to the NAVARATHRI is celebrated in great grandeur. The golden chariot of Lord Muruga is taken around on important dates late in the evening , so that even an office goer is not deprived of the lord's blessings on such auspicious ocassions.

This temple celebrates the Arunagirinathar Vizha and Padivizha on August 15th and January 26th respectively, in the divine presence of Mr.Raghavan, a great soul, whose Thirpugazh renderations are so moving, that one can feel Lord Muruga's presence when he sings ,

" Murugesane Varavenume " .

The volunteers of this temple are retired professionals who tirelessly work for the smooth functioning of the daily activities by helping the priests.

Vedas,Rudram,Chamakam, Vishnu Sahasranamam etc is taught here.

The pradosha pooja is conducted amidst the chanting of the Purusha Suktam, Rudram,Chamakam that one needs to be a witness to this to feel the vibes. My Murugan here draws crowds from different facets of life with no discrimination of creed, race, caste and even religion. Whoever comes here never goes back empty handed!!!!! and I hit the floor thrice as I type this.

This temple has played an important role in my spiritual pursuits.

It is here, that I took my first kavadi , felt the presence of my Murugan , witnessed homas and kumbabhishek and above all got close to my ishta devata , my very sweet Murugan.

Lastly, I salute to all murugan bhaktas who worship him , as a respectful prayer.

" VAZHGA SEER ADIYAR YELLAM "

Regards

Lalethaa Ganesh.

Thank you for your very informative messages. I seek your kind explanation about why Mu=Vishnu and Ga=Brahma. Thank you once again. Patricialalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear Members, To be born in kaliyuga is indeed a blessing in disguise!!!!! The mere utterance of God's name is enough to free us from the cycles of birth and death. Lord muruga is considered

to be a benevolent God ,who liberates his devotees from their karmic cycle. MU - lord vishnu RU- rudra / lord shiva GA- lord brahma. The name MURUGA encompasses the trinity and is believed to be a God whose crushes mountains of sins and thus helps in attaining liberation. The Thiruchembur Thirumurugan temple at Cheddanagar,Chembur needs no introduction to a Mumbaikar. My long

association with Lord Muruga began from this temple. Not everyone is fortunate enough to visit the six abodes of Lord muruga, but a mere glimpse of the lord at this temple , is as good as visiting the Aru Padai Veedu. Built in 1980, the temple celebrated its silver jubilee in the month of January this year with great pomp. There are 108 steps that leads one to the Sanctum Sanctorum.Apart from the main deity,this temple is the abode of lord ganesha, ayyappa swami,guruvayoorappan,the navagrahas, goddess durga,lord shiva. All the important festivals right from ONAM to the NAVARATHRI is celebrated in great grandeur. The golden chariot of Lord Muruga is taken around on important dates late in the

evening , so that even an office goer is not deprived of the lord's blessings on such auspicious ocassions. This temple celebrates the Arunagirinathar Vizha and Padivizha on August 15th and January 26th respectively, in the divine presence of Mr.Raghavan, a great soul, whose Thirpugazh renderations are so moving, that one can feel Lord Muruga's presence when he sings ,"Murugesane Varavenume". The volunteers of this temple are retired professionals who tirelessly work for the smooth functioning of the daily activities by helping the priests. Vedas,Rudram,Chamakam, Vishnu Sahasranamam etc is taught here.

The pradosha pooja is conducted amidst the chanting of the Purusha Suktam, Rudram,Chamakam that one needs to be a witness to this to feel the vibes. My Murugan here draws crowds from different facets of life with no discrimination of creed, race, caste and even religion. Whoever comes here never goes back empty handed!!!!! and I hit the floor thrice as I type this. This temple has played an important role in my spiritual pursuits. It is here, that I took my first kavadi , felt the presence of my Murugan , witnessed homas and

kumbabhishek and above all got close to my ishta devata , my very sweet Murugan. Lastly, I salute to all murugan bhaktas who worship him , as a respectful prayer. "VAZHGA SEER ADIYAR YELLAM" Regards Lalethaa Ganesh. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Dear Ms.Patricia To begin with, Tamil script has the alphabet "ka" and not "ga". Therefore it is written as "muruka" and pronounced as "muruga" for simplicity. "MURUKU" in tamil means divinity,handsomeness,sweetness,happiness. Lord is believed to be the manifestation of the above - he is the abode of happiness, full of robustness and he is known for his unmatched valor. Hence the name "MURUKA"/ "MURUGA". Lord Muruga's eminence is due to the fact that he is the son of Lord Shiva, brother of Lord Ganesha and the nephew of Lord Narayana. Kausalya invoked Lord Muruga before the departure of Lord Rama to the forest on his fathers instructions. In the gita , Lord krishna declares that among all commanders he is Skanda ("1/4 army generals, i am

skanda"). "MU" means destruction of temptation. In the vishnu sahasranama , "PUTATMA PARAMATMACHA MUKTANAM PARAMAGATHIHI" (one who is ever pure,the supreme one and the highest goal of the liberated) "KA" according to Thesaurus, is a noun which means "an epithet of prajapati and brahma". "KA" in sanskrit means "who".The one who created all is described by the single word "KA" and Brahma is the creator of the universe. Lord muruga contains the three important eternal functions : SHRISHTI - CREATION. STHITHI - PROTECTION SAMHARA - DESTRUCTION and the first three letters of his name are an evidence to

this MU - MUKUNDAN (vishnu) RU - RUDRA (shiva) KA - KAMALAN (brahma). Hope I have answered your question. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Thank you, Ms Laleeetha, for your very detailed explanation. I appreciate it. Patricialalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear Ms.Patricia To begin with, Tamil script has the alphabet "ka" and not "ga". Therefore it is written as "muruka" and pronounced as "muruga" for simplicity. "MURUKU" in tamil means divinity,handsomeness,sweetness,happiness. Lord is believed to be the manifestation of the above - he is the abode of happiness, full of robustness and he is known for his unmatched valor. Hence the name "MURUKA"/ "MURUGA". Lord Muruga's eminence is due to the fact that he is the son of Lord Shiva, brother of Lord Ganesha

and the nephew of Lord Narayana. Kausalya invoked Lord Muruga before the departure of Lord Rama to the forest on his fathers instructions. In the gita , Lord krishna declares that among all commanders he is Skanda ("1/4 army generals, i am skanda"). "MU" means destruction of temptation. In the vishnu sahasranama , "PUTATMA PARAMATMACHA MUKTANAM PARAMAGATHIHI" (one who is ever pure,the supreme one and the highest goal of the liberated) "KA" according to Thesaurus, is a noun which means "an epithet of prajapati and brahma". "KA" in sanskrit means "who".The one who created all is described by the single word "KA" and Brahma is the creator of the

universe. Lord muruga contains the three important eternal functions : SHRISHTI - CREATION. STHITHI - PROTECTION SAMHARA - DESTRUCTION and the first three letters of his name are an evidence to this MU - MUKUNDAN (vishnu) RU - RUDRA (shiva) KA - KAMALAN (brahma). Hope I have answered your question. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.