IndiaDivine.org

SAPTAMATRIKAS - KAUMARI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SaptaMatrika or Seven Mother Goddesses . The Markandeya purana , the Varaha purana and the Matsya Purana refers to the antiquity of the Sapta matrikas. These godesses were created by combined energies of seven Gods. They are: Brahmi , Varahi, Maheshwari, Vaishnavi, kaumari, Indrani, chamunda. They come to take their name from a particular god (except Chamunda)

viz. Brahma, Varaha , Shiva , Vishnu, Skanda and Indira.They display the basic attributes of gods from which they descended and are armed with the same weapons , ride the same vahanas and adorn the same ornaments. ORIGIN: Different puranic versions relate to the origin of Matrikas. Matrikas are the manifestations of shakti or energies of shiva, Indira and other gods. They are the Goddesses in battlefields connected to Shiva. Their names reveal that they are born from the bodies of Brahma, Vishnu etc. The story goes that when Shiva and Vishnu failed to kill the demon

Andhaka, they created SEVEN MOTHERS , embodiments of their own , to kill the asura. Andhaka had a boon on his head wherein every drop of blood that touched the earth would turn into a clone of himself with the same might and power. These Matrikas drank the blood of the asura thereby preventing the spillage of blood and made it easier to kill the demon. Varaha Purana states that a war waged between the Devas and the Asuras. The demons, Chanda and Munda were killed after which the asura Rakthabija entered the battelefield in his chariot with a large number of troops. Like Andhaka he too got the same boon and every drop of his blood

that touched earth would give rise to his replica with equal might and power. On seeing this, Kaushiki and Kali made loud sounds and from their mouth emerged Maheshwari and Brahmi seated on a swan, wearing a rosary and holding water pot in their hands. From the Lion of Maheshwari emerged Kaumari seated on a peacock and holding lance. From Kaumari's hand came Vaishnavi seated on a Garuda holding a conch , discus , club , sword , bow and arrow. From her posterior came out Varahi Seated on a serpent. From her heart emerged Narsimhi with fierce claws and from her foot came out Chamunda. They jointly fought this asura and gained victory over evil. According to Brahmanda purana and specifically the Lalitopakhyana, Goddess Lalitha is said to have taken the help of Kaumari who is one of the siddhi residing in the SHRI CHAKRA to fight the demon Bhanda. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Thanks for the answer , i know what you did say , mostly from the context of devi bhagvat puran . But as you have seen in my last email that there are explicit gayitri and stotras of sapta-matrika, which i was looking for. In fact i came to know that there is book on sapta matrika itself, but i do not know the author and publisher . If you know the mantras in detials of any sapta matrika plese send the details . Since this is a group related to kartikeya i am optimistic that some one definitely knwos the worship of kaumari. Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote:

SaptaMatrika or Seven Mother Goddesses . The Markandeya purana , the Varaha purana and the Matsya Purana refers to the antiquity of the Sapta matrikas. These godesses were created by combined energies of seven Gods. They are: Brahmi , Varahi, Maheshwari, Vaishnavi, kaumari, Indrani, chamunda. They come to take their name from a particular god (except Chamunda) viz. Brahma, Varaha , Shiva , Vishnu, Skanda and Indira.They display the basic attributes of gods from which they descended and are armed with the same weapons , ride the same vahanas and adorn the same

ornaments. ORIGIN: Different puranic versions relate to the origin of Matrikas. Matrikas are the manifestations of shakti or energies of shiva, Indira and other gods. They are the Goddesses in battlefields connected to Shiva. Their names reveal that they are born from the bodies of Brahma, Vishnu etc. The story goes that when Shiva and Vishnu failed to kill the demon Andhaka, they created SEVEN MOTHERS , embodiments of their own , to kill the asura. Andhaka had a boon on his head wherein every drop of blood

that touched the earth would turn into a clone of himself with the same might and power. These Matrikas drank the blood of the asura thereby preventing the spillage of blood and made it easier to kill the demon. Varaha Purana states that a war waged between the Devas and the Asuras. The demons, Chanda and Munda were killed after which the asura Rakthabija entered the battelefield in his chariot with a large number of troops. Like Andhaka he too got the same boon and every drop of his blood that touched earth would give rise to his replica with equal might and power. On seeing this, Kaushiki and Kali made loud sounds and from their

mouth emerged Maheshwari and Brahmi seated on a swan, wearing a rosary and holding water pot in their hands. From the Lion of Maheshwari emerged Kaumari seated on a peacock and holding lance. From Kaumari's hand came Vaishnavi seated on a Garuda holding a conch , discus , club , sword , bow and arrow. From her posterior came out Varahi Seated on a serpent. From her heart emerged Narsimhi with fierce claws and from her foot came out Chamunda. They jointly fought this asura and gained victory over evil. According

to Brahmanda purana and specifically the Lalitopakhyana, Goddess Lalitha is said to have taken the help of Kaumari who is one of the siddhi residing in the SHRI CHAKRA to fight the demon Bhanda. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Dear Sir, The mantras for saptamatrika are very rare. They cannot be found easily as they require initiations from a guru. If chanted without an initiation, can have a bad effect as these Goddesses are fiery. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh.Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Thanks for the answer , i know what you did say , mostly from the context of devi bhagvat puran . But as you have seen in my last email that there are explicit gayitri and stotras of sapta-matrika, which i was looking for. In fact i came to know that there is book on sapta matrika itself, but i do not know the author and publisher . If you know the mantras in detials of any sapta matrika plese send the details . Since this is a group related to kartikeya i am optimistic that some one

definitely knwos the worship of kaumari. Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: SaptaMatrika or Seven Mother Goddesses . The Markandeya purana , the Varaha purana and the Matsya Purana refers to the antiquity of the Sapta matrikas. These godesses were created by combined energies of seven Gods. They are: Brahmi , Varahi, Maheshwari, Vaishnavi, kaumari, Indrani, chamunda. They come to take their name from a particular god (except Chamunda) viz. Brahma, Varaha , Shiva , Vishnu, Skanda and Indira.They display the basic attributes of gods from which they descended and are armed with the same weapons , ride the same vahanas and adorn the same ornaments. ORIGIN: Different puranic versions relate to the origin of Matrikas. Matrikas are the manifestations of shakti or energies of shiva,

Indira and other gods. They are the Goddesses in battlefields connected to Shiva. Their names reveal that they are born from the bodies of Brahma, Vishnu etc. The story goes that when Shiva and Vishnu failed to kill the demon Andhaka, they created SEVEN MOTHERS , embodiments of their own , to kill the asura. Andhaka had a boon on his head wherein every drop of blood that touched the earth would turn into a clone of himself with the same might and power. These Matrikas drank the blood of the asura thereby preventing the spillage of blood and made it easier to kill the demon. Varaha Purana states that a war waged between the Devas and the

Asuras. The demons, Chanda and Munda were killed after which the asura Rakthabija entered the battelefield in his chariot with a large number of troops. Like Andhaka he too got the same boon and every drop of his blood that touched earth would give rise to his replica with equal might and power. On seeing this, Kaushiki and Kali made loud sounds and from their mouth emerged Maheshwari and Brahmi seated on a swan, wearing a rosary and holding water pot in their hands. From the Lion of Maheshwari emerged Kaumari seated on a peacock and holding lance. From Kaumari's hand came Vaishnavi seated on a Garuda holding a conch , discus , club , sword , bow and arrow. From her posterior came out Varahi Seated on a serpent. From her heart emerged Narsimhi with fierce claws and from her foot came out Chamunda. They jointly fought this asura and gained victory over evil. According to Brahmanda purana and specifically the Lalitopakhyana, Goddess Lalitha is said to have taken the help of Kaumari who is one of the siddhi residing in the SHRI CHAKRA to fight the demon Bhanda. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Send instant

messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Hello , They may not be found because of our ignorance . How many people are aware of the fact where things are written . I have reservations , regarding what happens if things are chanted without a guru. Is your mother that ferocious . The concept of divinity being ferocious is to be questioned . Do you for example think "Kali" is ferocious . Please let me know what is your understanding about "Kali". I got one more question , is it known why kartikeya / kaumari sits on a peacock and not some other animal . What do you think is the reason . Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear Sir, The mantras for saptamatrika are very

rare. They cannot be found easily as they require initiations from a guru. If chanted without an initiation, can have a bad effect as these Goddesses are fiery. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh.Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Thanks for the answer , i know what you did say , mostly from the context of devi bhagvat puran . But as you have seen in my last email that there are explicit gayitri and stotras of sapta-matrika, which i was looking for. In fact i came to know that there is book on sapta matrika itself, but i do not know the author and publisher . If you know the mantras in detials of any sapta matrika plese send the details . Since this is a group related to kartikeya i am optimistic that some one definitely knwos the worship of kaumari. Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: SaptaMatrika or Seven Mother Goddesses . The Markandeya purana , the Varaha purana and the Matsya Purana refers to the antiquity of the Sapta matrikas. These godesses were created by combined energies of seven Gods. They

are: Brahmi , Varahi, Maheshwari, Vaishnavi, kaumari, Indrani, chamunda. They come to take their name from a particular god (except Chamunda) viz. Brahma, Varaha , Shiva , Vishnu, Skanda and Indira.They display the basic attributes of gods from which they descended and are armed with the same weapons , ride the same vahanas and adorn the same ornaments. ORIGIN: Different puranic versions relate to the origin of Matrikas. Matrikas are the manifestations of shakti or energies of shiva, Indira and other gods. They are the Goddesses in battlefields connected to Shiva. Their

names reveal that they are born from the bodies of Brahma, Vishnu etc. The story goes that when Shiva and Vishnu failed to kill the demon Andhaka, they created SEVEN MOTHERS , embodiments of their own , to kill the asura. Andhaka had a boon on his head wherein every drop of blood that touched the earth would turn into a clone of himself with the same might and power. These Matrikas drank the blood of the asura thereby preventing the spillage of blood and made it easier to kill the demon. Varaha Purana states that a war waged between the Devas and the Asuras. The demons, Chanda and

Munda were killed after which the asura Rakthabija entered the battelefield in his chariot with a large number of troops. Like Andhaka he too got the same boon and every drop of his blood that touched earth would give rise to his replica with equal might and power. On seeing this, Kaushiki and Kali made loud sounds and from their mouth emerged Maheshwari and Brahmi seated on a swan, wearing a rosary and holding water pot in their hands. From the Lion of Maheshwari emerged Kaumari seated on a peacock and holding lance. From Kaumari's hand came Vaishnavi seated on a Garuda holding a conch , discus , club , sword , bow and arrow. From her posterior came out Varahi Seated on a

serpent. From her heart emerged Narsimhi with fierce claws and from her foot came out Chamunda. They jointly fought this asura and gained victory over evil. According to Brahmanda purana and specifically the Lalitopakhyana, Goddess Lalitha is said to have taken the help of Kaumari who is one of the siddhi residing in the SHRI CHAKRA to fight the demon Bhanda. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. Send instant messages to

your online friends http://in.messenger.

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Dear Sir, My MOTHER is the most compassionate, powerful, merciful, glorious and the list of adjectives goes on. To the extent I have read and heard, All Devi worship require strict discipline which needs to be followed. For instance, Specific rounds of repeating the mantra is mandatory and certain number of hours needs to be devoted. A guru helps and guides his disciple.Most of the mantras are extremely powerful that might wreck the uninitiated. Therefore, invoking the Guru is extremely important as the Guru channels the energy to the disciple in measured way so that the disciple is able to absorb. What i meant by fiery was not being ferocious it meant having immense power. So in such shlokas / mantras the pronounciation is also paramount. Hence an initiation is required. As you can see, thus

initiation from a Guru is essential. Peacock as Muruga's Vahana: There are many legends about how peacock became HIS vahana. One of them goes like this: There was a stiff war between MURUGA and Surapadma. The latter knew the divinity of his opponent. Finally when Surapadma was left all alone, he assumed the form of a mango tree to save his life. MURUGA split the mango tree with his VEL. One half became cock and the other peacock. MURUGA gracefully accepted peacock as his vahana and cock as the emblem on the victory flag. Murugun Thunai Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Hello , They may not be found because of our ignorance . How many people are

aware of the fact where things are written . I have reservations , regarding what happens if things are chanted without a guru. Is your mother that ferocious . The concept of divinity being ferocious is to be questioned . Do you for example think "Kali" is ferocious . Please let me know what is your understanding about "Kali". I got one more question , is it known why kartikeya / kaumari sits on a peacock and not some other animal . What do you think is the reason . Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear Sir, The mantras for saptamatrika are very rare. They cannot be found easily as they require initiations from a guru. If chanted without an initiation, can

have a bad effect as these Goddesses are fiery. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh.Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Thanks for the answer , i know what you did say , mostly from the context of devi bhagvat puran . But as you have seen in my last email that there are explicit gayitri and stotras of sapta-matrika, which i was looking for. In fact i came to know that there is book on sapta matrika itself, but i do not know the author and publisher . If you know the mantras in detials of any sapta matrika plese send the details . Since this is a group related to kartikeya i am optimistic that some one definitely knwos the worship of kaumari. Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: SaptaMatrika or Seven Mother Goddesses . The Markandeya purana , the Varaha purana and the Matsya Purana refers to the antiquity of the Sapta matrikas. These godesses were created by combined energies of seven Gods. They are: Brahmi , Varahi, Maheshwari, Vaishnavi, kaumari, Indrani,

chamunda. They come to take their name from a particular god (except Chamunda) viz. Brahma, Varaha , Shiva , Vishnu, Skanda and Indira.They display the basic attributes of gods from which they descended and are armed with the same weapons , ride the same vahanas and adorn the same ornaments. ORIGIN: Different puranic versions relate to the origin of Matrikas. Matrikas are the manifestations of shakti or energies of shiva, Indira and other gods. They are the Goddesses in battlefields connected to Shiva. Their names reveal that they are born from the bodies of Brahma, Vishnu etc. The story goes that when Shiva and Vishnu failed to kill the demon Andhaka, they created SEVEN MOTHERS , embodiments of their own , to kill the asura. Andhaka had a boon on his head wherein every drop of blood that touched the earth would turn into a clone of himself with the same might and power. These Matrikas drank the blood of the asura thereby preventing the spillage of blood and made it easier to kill the demon. Varaha Purana states that a war waged between the Devas and the Asuras. The demons, Chanda and Munda were killed after which the asura Rakthabija entered the battelefield in his chariot with a large number of troops. Like

Andhaka he too got the same boon and every drop of his blood that touched earth would give rise to his replica with equal might and power. On seeing this, Kaushiki and Kali made loud sounds and from their mouth emerged Maheshwari and Brahmi seated on a swan, wearing a rosary and holding water pot in their hands. From the Lion of Maheshwari emerged Kaumari seated on a peacock and holding lance. From Kaumari's hand came Vaishnavi seated on a Garuda holding a conch , discus , club , sword , bow and arrow. From her posterior came out Varahi Seated on a serpent. From her heart emerged Narsimhi with fierce claws and from her foot came out

Chamunda. They jointly fought this asura and gained victory over evil. According to Brahmanda purana and specifically the Lalitopakhyana, Goddess Lalitha is said to have taken the help of Kaumari who is one of the siddhi residing in the SHRI CHAKRA to fight the demon Bhanda. Regards Lalethaa

Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Hello, Actually , what i am trying to mean is that the guru will also collect the mantra from some text , the mantra cannot be created by himself , each mantra has a rishi a chonda , a devata and a biniyogh , those are standard. If all the purana's ,tantras, gita's were not written on a peice of paper some day, no matter who ever is the guru would never knew it . An the question of chanting is secondary , it might be used to document things about this matrika's. That does not mean , i do not believe in a guru, infact i have one , i am looking for rare documents , so i thought people here might be able to help. I understand what you mean , but tantra sadhana has several stages , through which one passes . You are talking about a stage that can be thought of as a kindergarten school stage meaning one begins. In most , devi sadhanas , one jumps seteps called as "achaara" . The final stage of course is called virachar

, meaning there is no dogmas , anything you do is okay . Regarding vahana , your answer is mythological . But whenever you see any indian deity , please do there is a metaphor hidden in her looks, beacuse each deity is worshipped for certain purpose . The peacock too is a big metaphor , people were not so stupid to put a peacock with kartikeya and a swan with saraswati , there are reasons . But since this is a group of devotee, i would not like to speak few words so that their idea with the peacock as vahana changes . It might sound vulgar for some people . Its better you ask your guru and say him/her you do not believe in myths, you want to know whats the significance. By the way if you encounter those mantras do not hesitate to tell. You can pesonally ask me for the answer . Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29

wrote: Dear Sir, My MOTHER is the most compassionate, powerful, merciful, glorious and the list of adjectives goes on. To the extent I have read and heard, All Devi worship require strict discipline which needs to be followed. For instance, Specific rounds of repeating the mantra is mandatory and certain number of hours needs to be devoted. A guru helps and guides his disciple.Most of the mantras are extremely powerful that might wreck the uninitiated. Therefore, invoking the Guru is extremely important as the Guru channels the energy to the disciple in measured way so that the disciple is able to absorb. What i meant by fiery was not being ferocious it meant having immense power. So in such shlokas / mantras the pronounciation

is also paramount. Hence an initiation is required. As you can see, thus initiation from a Guru is essential. Peacock as Muruga's Vahana: There are many legends about how peacock became HIS vahana. One of them goes like this: There was a stiff war between MURUGA and Surapadma. The latter knew the divinity of his opponent. Finally when Surapadma was left all alone, he assumed the form of a mango tree to save his life. MURUGA split the mango tree with his VEL. One half became cock and the other peacock. MURUGA gracefully accepted peacock as his vahana and cock as the emblem on the victory flag. Murugun Thunai Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Hello , They may not be found because of our ignorance . How many people are aware of the fact where things are written . I have reservations , regarding what happens if things are chanted without a guru. Is your mother that ferocious . The concept of divinity being ferocious is to be questioned . Do you for example think "Kali" is ferocious . Please let me know what is your understanding about "Kali". I got one more question , is it known why kartikeya / kaumari sits on a peacock and not some other animal . What do you think is the reason . Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: Dear Sir, The mantras for saptamatrika are very

rare. They cannot be found easily as they require initiations from a guru. If chanted without an initiation, can have a bad effect as these Goddesses are fiery. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh.Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Thanks for the answer , i know what you did say , mostly from the context of devi bhagvat puran . But as you have seen in my last email that there are explicit gayitri and stotras of sapta-matrika, which i was looking for. In fact i came to know that there is book on sapta matrika itself, but i do not know the author and publisher . If you know the mantras in detials of any sapta matrika plese send the details . Since this is a group related to kartikeya i am optimistic that some one definitely knwos the worship of kaumari. Regards lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: SaptaMatrika or Seven Mother Goddesses . The Markandeya purana , the Varaha purana and the Matsya Purana refers to the antiquity of the Sapta matrikas. These godesses were created by combined energies of seven Gods. They

are: Brahmi , Varahi, Maheshwari, Vaishnavi, kaumari, Indrani, chamunda. They come to take their name from a particular god (except Chamunda) viz. Brahma, Varaha , Shiva , Vishnu, Skanda and Indira.They display the basic attributes of gods from which they descended and are armed with the same weapons , ride the same vahanas and adorn the same ornaments. ORIGIN: Different puranic versions relate to the origin of Matrikas. Matrikas are the manifestations of shakti or energies of shiva, Indira and other gods. They are the Goddesses in battlefields connected to Shiva. Their

names reveal that they are born from the bodies of Brahma, Vishnu etc. The story goes that when Shiva and Vishnu failed to kill the demon Andhaka, they created SEVEN MOTHERS , embodiments of their own , to kill the asura. Andhaka had a boon on his head wherein every drop of blood that touched the earth would turn into a clone of himself with the same might and power. These Matrikas drank the blood of the asura thereby preventing the spillage of blood and made it easier to kill the demon. Varaha Purana states that a war waged between the Devas and the Asuras. The demons, Chanda and

Munda were killed after which the asura Rakthabija entered the battelefield in his chariot with a large number of troops. Like Andhaka he too got the same boon and every drop of his blood that touched earth would give rise to his replica with equal might and power. On seeing this, Kaushiki and Kali made loud sounds and from their mouth emerged Maheshwari and Brahmi seated on a swan, wearing a rosary and holding water pot in their hands. From the Lion of Maheshwari emerged Kaumari seated on a peacock and holding lance. From Kaumari's hand came Vaishnavi seated on a Garuda holding a conch , discus , club , sword , bow and arrow. From her posterior came out Varahi Seated on a

serpent. From her heart emerged Narsimhi with fierce claws and from her foot came out Chamunda. They jointly fought this asura and gained victory over evil. According to Brahmanda purana and specifically the Lalitopakhyana, Goddess Lalitha is said to have taken the help of Kaumari who is one of the siddhi residing in the SHRI CHAKRA to fight the demon Bhanda. Regards Lalethaa Ganesh Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger. Send instant messages to

your online friends http://in.messenger. DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.