IndiaDivine.org

regarding vahana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Few days back i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya / Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a

peacock ) . Watch how the peacock mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of peacock very complicated that other species of the same class , its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

this is regarding the query of vahana of muruga .the peacock represents pranava and so he accepted it as vahana. moreover the soorapadman the asura has got transfprmrd in to two one cock and the other peacock and asked muruga to accept the cock as his staff (kodi) and peacock as his vahana.hope this clarified youe queryJammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Few days back i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no

interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya / Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a peacock ) . Watch how the peacock mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of peacock very complicated that other species of the same class , its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to

credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

A quick input re vahana. Each deity has got certain powers which he can confer certain benefits. Lord Muruga, especially, is credited to granting the boon of fertility. Many childless couples pray to Lord Muruga (after medical tests tell them "no hope"), and do get healthy babies, especially boy babies. Then they do thanksgiving. In the North Indian custom, newly married couples are encouraged to get darshan of Sashti Brata (our Murugan, who is considered a bachelor god in the North Indian belief). So, to the common man, the symbol of Murugan as the god of Youth and Fertility translates into cock (Rooster or Male Chicken) and Peacock (the male bird). My understanding is that peacock is taken as a symbolism for not just maleness, but also sheer Beauty. Remember, Murugan is a very beautiful and handsome god. Patriciaprkrishnan1942` krishnan

<prkrishnan1942 wrote: this is regarding the query of vahana of muruga .the peacock represents pranava and so he accepted it as vahana. moreover the soorapadman the asura has got transfprmrd in to two one cock and the other peacock and asked muruga to accept the cock as his staff (kodi) and peacock as his vahana.hope this clarified youe queryJammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Few days back i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question

must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya / Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a peacock ) . Watch how the peacock mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of peacock very complicated that other species of the same class

, its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

No it didn't !! you are again back to myth . prkrishnan1942` krishnan <prkrishnan1942 wrote: this is regarding the query of vahana of muruga .the peacock represents pranava and so he accepted it as vahana. moreover the soorapadman the asura has got transfprmrd in to two one cock and the other peacock and asked muruga to accept the cock as his staff (kodi) and peacock as his vahana.hope this clarified youe queryJammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Few days back i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that

answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya / Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a peacock ) . Watch how the peacock mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of

peacock very complicated that other species of the same class , its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Can you name few gods who look ugly ? there isn't any . Even if there are firece full forms , their dyana's in panchanga wil always say they are beautifull . All the gods then needs peacock ? I did not say because , i only know it . Its well knwon . Check it out . Doesn't matter from which part of India one comes from , Muruga is always a symbol of fertility everywhere. Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote: A quick input re vahana.Each deity has got certain powers which he can confer certain benefits. Lord Muruga, especially, is credited to granting the boon of fertility. Many childless couples pray to Lord Muruga (after medical tests tell them "no hope"), and do get healthy babies, especially boy babies. Then they do thanksgiving.In the North

Indian custom, newly married couples are encouraged to get darshan of Sashti Brata (our Murugan, who is considered a bachelor god in the North Indian belief).So, to the common man, the symbol of Murugan as the god of Youth and Fertility translates into cock (Rooster or Male Chicken) and Peacock (the male bird). My understanding is that peacock is taken as a symbolism for not just maleness, but also sheer Beauty. Remember, Murugan is a very beautiful and handsome god.Patriciaprkrishnan1942` krishnan <prkrishnan1942 wrote: this is regarding the query of vahana of muruga .the peacock represents pranava and so he accepted it as vahana. moreover the soorapadman the asura has got transfprmrd in to two one cock and the other peacock and asked muruga to accept the cock as his staff (kodi) and

peacock as his vahana.hope this clarified youe queryJammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Few days back i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya /

Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a peacock ) . Watch how the peacock mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of peacock very complicated that other species of the same class , its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Maybe you're taking it too literally. When we say that Murugan is the deity for Beauty and Fertility, it does not mean other deities are ugly. (BTW, Lord Ganesh is portrayed as not-very-good-looking. In fact, a literal translation of His description in Sanskrit would mean something like "crooked, fat, weird". Its hard to give the exact meaning). Yes, all gods are beautiful. But if a deity is particulary assigned with the power/quality of Beauty (like Murugan, or even Lord Krishna), it means that that quality is what hits you first about Him. I'm sure you'll agree that many people are pretty good-looking, but some are knock-out goodlooking. Dosent mean you call the others ugly. I hope I have not sounded aggressive or offensive. My writing style, sometimes, tends to be very down-to-earth. Patricia Jammer wow <jammer_it2000

wrote: Can you name few gods who look ugly ? there isn't any . Even if there are firece full forms , their dyana's in panchanga wil always say they are beautifull . All the gods then needs peacock ? I did not say because , i only know it . Its well knwon . Check it out . Doesn't matter from which part of India one comes from , Muruga is always a symbol of fertility everywhere. Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote: A quick input re vahana.Each deity has got certain powers which he can confer certain benefits. Lord Muruga, especially, is credited to granting the boon of fertility. Many childless couples pray to Lord Muruga

(after medical tests tell them "no hope"), and do get healthy babies, especially boy babies. Then they do thanksgiving.In the North Indian custom, newly married couples are encouraged to get darshan of Sashti Brata (our Murugan, who is considered a bachelor god in the North Indian belief).So, to the common man, the symbol of Murugan as the god of Youth and Fertility translates into cock (Rooster or Male Chicken) and Peacock (the male bird). My understanding is that peacock is taken as a symbolism for not just maleness, but also sheer Beauty. Remember, Murugan is a very beautiful and handsome god.Patriciaprkrishnan1942` krishnan <prkrishnan1942 wrote: this is regarding the query of vahana of muruga .the peacock represents pranava and so he accepted it as

vahana. moreover the soorapadman the asura has got transfprmrd in to two one cock and the other peacock and asked muruga to accept the cock as his staff (kodi) and peacock as his vahana.hope this clarified youe queryJammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Few days back i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya / Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a peacock ) . Watch how the peacock mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of peacock very complicated that other species of the same class , its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. Photos Ring in the New

Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Ohm! Sivasaravanabava ! Lord Murugan is a Jyothi ; invisible ; also visible in various forms; has no beginning or end. This is how we worship Him. When He is such an almighty, why at all does He need an vahana ? ! This is only to make us understand & appreciate Him better. Peacock symbolizes Pranava Manthiram, Cock sings the manthiram & the Vel destroys Anavam & removes Ignorance. Yes ! we believe in mythological explanation & there is nothing wrong in this. It is perfectly OK. I agree, one should try

to understand the significance of all vahanas but I request you not to give this type of vulgar explanation to this Dhandapani group, even if you are conviced; we are all very, very poor knowledgeable group trying to share our experiences & improve our devotion to Lord Muruga. Appreciating a rose for its beauty is one thing & analyzing it for its chemical components is another thing. ----V.Hariharan Jammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Can you name few gods who look ugly ? there isn't any . Even if there are firece full forms , their dyana's in panchanga wil always say they are beautifull . All the gods then needs peacock ? I did not say because , i only know it . Its well knwon .

Check it out . Doesn't matter from which part of India one comes from , Muruga is always a symbol of fertility everywhere. Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote: A quick input re vahana.Each deity has got certain powers which he can confer certain benefits. Lord Muruga, especially, is credited to granting the boon of fertility. Many childless couples pray to Lord Muruga (after medical tests tell them "no hope"), and do get healthy babies, especially boy babies. Then they do thanksgiving.In the North Indian custom, newly married couples are encouraged to get darshan of Sashti Brata (our Murugan, who is considered a bachelor god in the North Indian belief).So, to the common man, the symbol of Murugan as the god of Youth and Fertility translates into cock

(Rooster or Male Chicken) and Peacock (the male bird). My understanding is that peacock is taken as a symbolism for not just maleness, but also sheer Beauty. Remember, Murugan is a very beautiful and handsome god.Patriciaprkrishnan1942` krishnan <prkrishnan1942 wrote: this is regarding the query of vahana of muruga .the peacock represents pranava and so he accepted it as vahana. moreover the soorapadman the asura has got transfprmrd in to two one cock and the other peacock and asked muruga to accept the cock as his staff (kodi) and peacock as his vahana.hope this clarified youe queryJammer wow <jammer_it2000 wrote: Few days back

i had put up a question on this group asking why does Lord Kartikeya sits on a peacock and not on an other animal . There was a answer based on some myth . However , that answer is not acceptable from a logical point of view . The same question must have arosed when the the myth was first written . And the author must have answered it . I have also stated that the real answer might look little vulgar and many must have no interest as its related to a Lord. However , please remember that each diety in India is worshipped for some purpose or represents a form of something. Do you worship Saraswati for the same reason you worship Ganesh or Durga . Kartikeya / Kartik is a Lord mostly known as brahmachari or bachelor . Understanding that every one knows what bachelor/ brahmachari from the Indian viewpoint , please go to a zoo garden during the rainy season ( which is the mating time of a peacock ) . Watch how the peacock

mates with the peahen . Then it becomes obvious that why can a peacock be called as a bachelor , thereby vahana of Kartikeya . To know more, but in a single sentence the anatomy of peacock very complicated that other species of the same class , its reproductive system being too complicated , not allowing the peacock to mate the way like any other creature in these world does. Unless one knows this fact , he will never be able to credit the first person who has observed this fact and set up the myth . The vahana's of all deities are in close link with the form of the deities. Regards DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.