IndiaDivine.org

Mind

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The ultimate tryst of man is to derive happiness in everything under the sun right from mundane activities to specific achievements . Yet the quest is far from attainable. Our belief that attainment of desired objects is real happiness is false as it is temporary. Desires crop up like tiny bubbles which grow in size and subsequently burst. The bursting action could mean the fulfillment or the non fulfillment of the desire causing the respective impact on our psyche. But do we ever pause for a second to think where do these desires arise from? The root cause of desires. We are too busy spending our energy in fulfilling our wants and therefore find no time to realize the importance in carrying out such an introspection. Mind is the culprit for the

illusionary halo of importance it creates around mundane things in our day to day activities. It is the biggest thief . It is so unstable and confused in nature that it changes colour like a chameleon. To pull the leash securely around it in order to settle the random thoughts and create a sense of calmness is a battle by itself and to win such a powerful battle is a Herculean task. It is invincible. The great yogis and saints have put in arduous years of practice through meditation in order to make the mind desireless. At the start the soul and the mind were single entities. They were merged into one and hence perfect bliss and realization of God. Over a period of time, with the manifestation of incessant desires and wants, greed , cravings and other negative tendencies various impressions were freely allowed to be formed and forced the mind to tear away from the self thereby creating a chasm and permitting the veil of gunas – Rajas, Tamas and Sattva to find its place between the two. The mind derives its energy from the soul for all its actions. The nature of the mind is governed by the dominant guna (of the three) due to ones past karma. Therefore all the actions , tendencies and thought processes of a human at a given point of time is determined by it . It effectively uses the deceptive sense organs and fools us thereby creating a make believe world for which we have fallen a prey to. It

has adeptly carved a sense of “ I – ness” which on pampering gives us immense happiness that which is baseless and has no truth. Verily, the strong attachment to physical body that has manifested in different forms like garbs over many births itself proves the deep impact created by mind. It vents air to ignite the subtle qualities of anger , jealousy, hatred , love etc which surfaces at appropriate situations and sucking us into the vortex with great force. To overcome this illusion and to realize this falsity requires the presence of a guru by the grace of God who appropriately guides the disciple in the right path , clearing the dark clouds of

ignorance to unveil the Ultimate truth , the reality – God realization. After all the final aim of a student of spirituality is to merge the mind into the Brahman as it were in the start and overcome the cycles of birth and death. Murugan Thunai

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Guest guest

Hurray!!!! Back after a long, long break!! The silence has been very long, really. Thank you. Keep up the postings. Patricia lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: The ultimate tryst of man is to derive happiness in everything under the sun right from mundane activities to specific achievements . Yet the quest is far from attainable. Our belief that attainment of desired objects is real

happiness is false as it is temporary. Desires crop up like tiny bubbles which grow in size and subsequently burst. The bursting action could mean the fulfillment or the non fulfillment of the desire causing the respective impact on our psyche. But do we ever pause for a second to think where do these desires arise from? The root cause of desires. We are too busy spending our energy in fulfilling our wants and therefore find no time to realize the importance in carrying out such an introspection. Mind is the culprit for the illusionary halo of importance it creates

around mundane things in our day to day activities. It is the biggest thief . It is so unstable and confused in nature that it changes colour like a chameleon. To pull the leash securely around it in order to settle the random thoughts and create a sense of calmness is a battle by itself and to win such a powerful battle is a Herculean task. It is invincible. The great yogis and saints have put in arduous years of practice through meditation in order to make the mind desireless. At the start the soul and the mind were single entities. They were merged into one and hence perfect bliss and realization of God. Over a period of time, with the manifestation of incessant desires and wants, greed , cravings and other negative tendencies various impressions were freely allowed to be formed and forced the mind to tear away from the self thereby creating a chasm and permitting the veil of gunas – Rajas, Tamas and Sattva to find its place between the two. The mind derives its energy from the soul for all its actions. The nature of the mind is governed by the dominant guna (of the three) due to ones past karma. Therefore all the actions , tendencies and thought processes of a human at a given point of time is determined by it . It effectively uses the deceptive sense organs and fools us thereby creating a make believe world for which we have fallen a prey to. It has adeptly carved a sense of “ I – ness” which on pampering

gives us immense happiness that which is baseless and has no truth. Verily, the strong attachment to physical body that has manifested in different forms like garbs over many births itself proves the deep impact created by mind. It vents air to ignite the subtle qualities of anger , jealousy, hatred , love etc which surfaces at appropriate situations and sucking us into the vortex with great force. To overcome this illusion and to realize this falsity requires the presence of a guru by the grace of God who appropriately guides the disciple in the right path , clearing the dark clouds of ignorance to unveil the Ultimate truth , the reality – God

realization. After all the final aim of a student of spirituality is to merge the mind into the Brahman as it were in the start and overcome the cycles of birth and death. Murugan Thunai Jiyo cricket on India cricket Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Mail Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

Ohm! Sivasaravanabhava ! Extemely happy to see your contribution; missing your writings. Would like to share with our Dhandapani group my views. If this sounds like words of a confused & inexperienced soul, It is 100 % correct !! You have very neatly

explained. short & sweet. But have we have not read & heard this type of advice many times ? Agreed, we must get a Guru for guidance. Where is he ? how to find a right one ? The definition of a guru is defined by PARAMACHARIAL ( Kanchi Munivar , Mahaperiaval) as follows : He is the one who is enlightened internally by either wisdom or experience or God's grace . He removes darkness (ignorance) of his disciple. His "upadesam" which works as a link between him and disciple, invokes the

disciple to follow a right direction; upadesam is called "Deekshai". I have also heard that one need not try to go in search of a Guru…..on the contrary Guru will find his disciple….can this happen ? Even if one can gets a Guru, I suppose you will agree with me that following the true Guru sishya tredition is difficult these days….e.g. staying with him & serving him most of the time. I am extremely fortunate to join the Thirupugazh classes of Guruji Ragavan. Due to this I am able to chant Lord Murugan's thiru namangal atleast few miutes every day. Can I assume that I have found a Guru in Guruji Ragavan ? The interesting thing is he may not even know me, as I am one of thousands of his followers. Please advice. Ohm! Sivasaravanabhava ! V. Hariharanlalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: The ultimate tryst of man is to derive happiness in everything under the sun right from mundane activities to specific achievements . Yet the quest is far from attainable. Our belief that attainment of desired

objects is real happiness is false as it is temporary. Desires crop up like tiny bubbles which grow in size and subsequently burst. The bursting action could mean the fulfillment or the non fulfillment of the desire causing the respective impact on our psyche. But do we ever pause for a second to think where do these desires arise from? The root cause of desires. We are too busy spending our energy in fulfilling our wants and therefore find no time to realize the importance in carrying out such an introspection. Mind is the culprit for the illusionary halo of importance it

creates around mundane things in our day to day activities. It is the biggest thief . It is so unstable and confused in nature that it changes colour like a chameleon. To pull the leash securely around it in order to settle the random thoughts and create a sense of calmness is a battle by itself and to win such a powerful battle is a Herculean task. It is invincible. The great yogis and saints have put in arduous years of practice through meditation in order to make the mind desireless. At the start the soul and the mind were single entities. They were merged into one and hence perfect bliss and realization of God. Over a

period of time, with the manifestation of incessant desires and wants, greed , cravings and other negative tendencies various impressions were freely allowed to be formed and forced the mind to tear away from the self thereby creating a chasm and permitting the veil of gunas – Rajas, Tamas and Sattva to find its place between the two. The mind derives its energy from the soul for all its actions. The nature of the mind is governed by the dominant guna (of the three) due to ones past karma. Therefore all the actions , tendencies and thought processes of a human at a given point of time is determined by it . It effectively uses the deceptive sense organs and fools us thereby creating a make believe world for which we have fallen a prey to. It has adeptly carved a sense of “ I – ness” which on pampering gives us immense

happiness that which is baseless and has no truth. Verily, the strong attachment to physical body that has manifested in different forms like garbs over many births itself proves the deep impact created by mind. It vents air to ignite the subtle qualities of anger , jealousy, hatred , love etc which surfaces at appropriate situations and sucking us into the vortex with great force. To overcome this illusion and to realize this falsity requires the presence of a guru by the grace of God who appropriately guides the disciple in the right path , clearing the dark clouds of ignorance to unveil the Ultimate truth , the reality – God

realization. After all the final aim of a student of spirituality is to merge the mind into the Brahman as it were in the start and overcome the cycles of birth and death. Murugan Thunai Jiyo cricket on India cricket Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Mail

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

That was a very informative post. It highlights one of the most

difficult challenges faced by a spiritual aspirant.

I am not very knowledgable in this area. But I am sharing some of the

things I have observed or learned ...

Most of us - barring those few who are self-realized and live totally

in the present - are run by the mind. It should be the other way

round. We should run our mind. Mind is a very powerful tool. Instead

of us using it, it is using us. It is as if the mind has taken us over.

What is the proof that we are run by the mind and that it has taken us

over? The proof is our continuous never-ending thoughts. This

incessant thinking is mind activity. To find this truth yourself about

your mind you can do this - try to stop thinking. It is very very

difficult to do that. Here is a technique that could help. Ask

yourself " what is my next thought? "

Now what is wrong with being run by the mind? Ms. Lalethaa Ganesh's

post answers that beautifully. Primarily we become mind-identified.

Instead of explaining this is my own words let me quote Ramana Maharshi:

" Mind is consciousness which has put on limitations.

You are originally unlimited and perfect.

Later you take on limitations and become the mind. "

Om Saravana Bhava Om

Santhosh

dhandapani , lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote:

>

>

>

>

> The ultimate tryst of man is to derive happiness in everything

under the sun right from mundane activities to specific achievements

.. Yet the quest is far from attainable.

> Our belief that attainment of desired objects is real happiness is

false as it is temporary.

> Desires crop up like tiny bubbles which grow in size and

subsequently burst. The bursting action could mean the fulfillment or

the non fulfillment of the desire causing the respective impact on our

psyche.

> But do we ever pause for a second to think where do these desires

arise from? The root cause of desires. We are too busy spending our

energy in fulfilling our wants and therefore find no time to realize

the importance in carrying out such an introspection.

> Mind is the culprit for the illusionary halo of importance it

creates around mundane things in our day to day activities. It is the

biggest thief . It is so unstable and confused in nature that it

changes colour like a chameleon. To pull the leash securely around it

in order to settle the random thoughts and create a sense of calmness

is a battle by itself and to win such a powerful battle is a Herculean

task. It is invincible. The great yogis and saints have put in arduous

years of practice through meditation in order to make the mind desireless.

>

> At the start the soul and the mind were single entities. They were

merged into one and hence perfect bliss and realization of God.

> Over a period of time, with the manifestation of incessant

desires and wants, greed , cravings and other negative tendencies

various impressions were freely allowed to be formed and forced the

mind to tear away from the self thereby creating a chasm and

permitting the veil of gunas � Rajas, Tamas and Sattva to find its

place between the two.

> The mind derives its energy from the soul for all its actions. The

nature of the mind is governed by the dominant guna (of the three) due

to ones past karma. Therefore all the actions , tendencies and thought

processes of a human at a given point of time is determined by it . It

effectively uses the deceptive sense organs and fools us thereby

creating a make believe world for which we have fallen a prey to. It

has adeptly carved a sense of � I � ness� which on pampering gives us

immense happiness that which is baseless and has no truth.

> Verily, the strong attachment to physical body that has manifested

in different forms like garbs over many births itself proves the deep

impact created by mind. It vents air to ignite the subtle qualities of

anger , jealousy, hatred , love etc which surfaces at appropriate

situations and sucking us into the vortex with great force.

> To overcome this illusion and to realize this falsity requires

the presence of a guru by the grace of God who appropriately guides

the disciple in the right path , clearing the dark clouds of ignorance

to unveil the Ultimate truth , the reality � God realization.

>

> After all the final aim of a student of spirituality is to merge

the mind into the Brahman as it were in the start and overcome the

cycles of birth and death.

>

> Murugan Thunai

>

>

>

> Jiyo cricket on India cricket

> Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

>

Guest guest

Dear HariHaran Sir No soul is confused or inexperienced. Soul is an enlightened and all knowing. It is the mind that plays its mischief by providing an veneer of limitation. When the devotion is unstinted and unshakable, then the god, guru and disciple merge unto themselves. There is wrong to make distinction among them. For Lord Dattatreya , he considered everything that he encountered as his GURU - viz. earth, air, space, fire, tree, humans, etc - the list is endless. Everything that this life offers has a deeper meaning and teaches us something. If you strongly feel that you have found a GURU, then you have found a GURU. Nobody can refute it. Remember the story of Ekalavya - He wanted to become a disciple of Dronacharya and learn the art of archery. But he could not get the opportunity . So he considered him as manasika GURU and

practised archery everyday all alone. Later it turned out that he was a archer superior to even Arjuna who was trained by Dronacharya himself. The point that is driven here is that on the gross level, the GURU need not know you by your name and your address. The faith and devotion of the disciple towards a manasika Guru can move mountains. I offer this to lotus Feet of the Lord Murugun Thunaiari <harimay43 wrote: Ohm! Sivasaravanabhava ! Extemely happy to see

your contribution; missing your writings. Would like to share with our Dhandapani group ertmy views. If this sounds like words of a confused & inexperienced soul, It is 100 % correct !! You have very neatly explained. short & sweet. But have we have not read & heard this type of advice many times ? Agreed, we must get a Guru for guidance. Where is he ? how to find a right one ? The definition of a guru is defined by PARAMACHARIAL ( Kanchi Munivar , Mahaperiaval) as follows : He is the one who is enlightened internally by either wisdom or experience or God's grace . He removes darkness (ignorance) of his disciple. His "upadesam" which works as a link between him and disciple, invokes the disciple to follow a right direction; upadesam is called "Deekshai". I have also heard that one need not try to go in search of a Guru…..on the contrary Guru will find his disciple….can this happen ? Even if one can gets a Guru, I suppose you will agree with me that following the true Guru sishya tredition is difficult these days….e.g. staying with him & serving him most of the time. I am extremely fortunate to join the Thirupugazh classes of Guruji Ragavan. Due to this I am

able to chant Lord Murugan's thiru namangal atleast few miutes every day. Can I assume that I have found a Guru in Guruji Ragavan ? The interesting thing is he may not even know me, as I am one of thousands of his followers. Please advice. Ohm! Sivasaravanabhava ! V. Hariharanlalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: The ultimate tryst of man is to derive happiness in everything under the sun right from

mundane activities to specific achievements . Yet the quest is far from attainable. Our belief that attainment of desired objects is real happiness is false as it is temporary. Desires crop up like tiny bubbles which grow in size and subsequently burst. The bursting action could mean the fulfillment or the non fulfillment of the desire causing the respective impact on our psyche. But do we ever pause for a second to think where do these desires arise from? The root cause of desires. We are too busy spending our energy in fulfilling our wants and therefore find no time to realize the importance in carrying out

such an introspection. Mind is the culprit for the illusionary halo of importance it creates around mundane things in our day to day activities. It is the biggest thief . It is so unstable and confused in nature that it changes colour like a chameleon. To pull the leash securely around it in order to settle the random thoughts and create a sense of calmness is a battle by itself and to win such a powerful battle is a Herculean task. It is invincible. The great yogis and saints have put in arduous years of practice through meditation in order to make the mind desireless. At the start

the soul and the mind were single entities. They were merged into one and hence perfect bliss and realization of God. Over a period of time, with the manifestation of incessant desires and wants, greed , cravings and other negative tendencies various impressions were freely allowed to be formed and forced the mind to tear away from the self thereby creating a chasm and permitting the veil of gunas – Rajas, Tamas and Sattva to find its place between the two. The mind derives its energy from the soul for all its actions. The nature of the mind is governed by the dominant guna (of the three) due to ones past karma. Therefore all the actions , tendencies and thought processes of a human at a given

point of time is determined by it . It effectively uses the deceptive sense organs and fools us thereby creating a make believe world for which we have fallen a prey to. It has adeptly carved a sense of “ I – ness” which on pampering gives us immense happiness that which is baseless and has no truth. Verily, the strong attachment to physical body that has manifested in different forms like garbs over many births itself proves the deep impact created by mind. It vents air to ignite the subtle qualities of anger , jealousy, hatred , love etc which surfaces at appropriate situations and sucking us into the vortex with great force. To overcome this illusion and to realize this falsity requires the

presence of a guru by the grace of God who appropriately guides the disciple in the right path , clearing the dark clouds of ignorance to unveil the Ultimate truth , the reality – God realization. After all the final aim of a student of spirituality is to merge the mind into the Brahman as it were in the start and overcome the cycles of birth and death. Murugan Thunai Jiyo cricket on India cricket Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time. MailBring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.