IndiaDivine.org

GOD KNOWS BEST - A Short Story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

One day God appeared in the dreams of all people. He said 'Come to the temple at 7.00 AM tomorrow, and I will grant you whatever you ask'. People asked for things ranging from scooter, car to bungalow, chain etc., They got whatever they prayed for, by the time they returned home. They were obviously very excited at having got what they had wanted. Each one went to his neighbour's house to share his excitement. One man said got a scooter as per God's promise to me, to which the neighbour

said 'I asked for a Maruthi car and God gave it to me'. Immediately the first man felt jealous and miserable that he has not asked for a car. The joy that he has experienced just 5 minutes back vanished totally. Similarly the lady who got the chain was miserable that she had not been clever enough to ask God for a gold waistband, like her neighbour had asked and got. Where has the joy then disappeared? This is the problem with the world. We have good vision, hearing power, all our limbs are functioning properly. We have everything. We have food to eat, shelter to stay. You have the bus fare to come and see me. No miseries. But yet you come to me with problems-why?

YOUR MISERIES ARE GOADED BY THE THOUGHT THAT THE NEIGHBOURS HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE AND YOU SO DESPERATELY WANT TO POSSESS IT. If you realize this, you will understand that life has no problems. This is the first lesson. The second lesson is 'DO NOT ASK GOD FOR ANYTHING'. You will regret later. He knows what is best for you. So place yourself totally in His protection. HE WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER IS NECESSARY.

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Guest guest

Thank you for your beautiful information and even explanation. Firstly, its so welcome to this silent site suddenly brimming with divine thoughts, divine sharing and soul satisfying knowledge. Santosh Nair's contribution re "Mind...." was very valuable. You learn something new, and you also refresh what you know earlier, but had forgotten. Well, I have an input which can make the "Mind Mastery" somewhat do-able. I wonder if any of you have read Deepak Chopra? In a nutshell, he's an ex-doctor whom Fate veered away from medicine and into philosophy. And he's a mind-blowing success with his easy-to-understand explanation of Vedic philosophy. Most important, he dilutes it into very practical ideas you can use at work or in your personal life. I was transformed by his reminder (all this is not new; its already there in the Vedic texts) that we're NOT human beings who are trying to

attain a spiritual existence. Instead, we are already SPIRITUAL BEINGS who have chosen to experience Life in a human dimension! In this sense, we're already God. But at some point we forget this and become a victim of our own illusion (maaya) and think this human existence is what we really are! If you look at it from this angle, and actually start living as a spiritual being, it should not be hard to master anything. Looking back at our lives until now, have we not created our own miseries and joys? Let us not repeat the ignorance factor anymore. Let us create our own joy. How? One formula that works is that of Bhakti. All group members are already blessed by the awareness of Lord Murugan, grand manifestation of Beauty, Compassion, Valour and Everything. It should be very easy to cultivate Bhakti for Lord Murugan. Or Lord Krishna, or Lord Shiva or any Divine Manifestation of your

liking. Good wishes and God Bless. Patricia lalethaa ganesh <my_guru29 wrote: One day God appeared in the dreams of all people. He said 'Come to the temple at 7.00 AM tomorrow, and I will grant you whatever you ask'. People asked for things ranging from scooter, car to bungalow, chain etc., They got whatever they prayed for, by the time they returned home. They were obviously very excited at having got what they had wanted. Each one went to his neighbour's house to share his excitement. One man said got a scooter as per God's promise to me, to which the neighbour said 'I asked for a Maruthi car and God gave it to me'. Immediately the first man felt jealous and miserable that he has not asked for a car. The joy that he has experienced just 5 minutes back vanished totally. Similarly the lady who got the chain was miserable that she had not been clever enough to ask God for a gold waistband, like her neighbour had asked and got. Where has the joy then disappeared? This is the problem with the world. We have good vision, hearing power, all our limbs are functioning properly. We have everything. We have

food to eat, shelter to stay. You have the bus fare to come and see me. No miseries. But yet you come to me with problems-why? YOUR MISERIES ARE GOADED BY THE THOUGHT THAT THE NEIGHBOURS HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE AND YOU SO DESPERATELY WANT TO POSSESS IT. If you realize this, you will understand that life has no problems. This is the first lesson. The second lesson is 'DO NOT ASK GOD FOR ANYTHING'. You will regret later. He knows what is best for you. So place yourself totally in His protection. HE WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER IS NECESSARY. Jiyo cricket on India cricket Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with

your buddies all the time.

Mail Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.