IndiaDivine.org

Vichara

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thoughts arising in the mind are like the ripples that form on the surface of a water body. Such is its superficialness. Thoughts arise because we associate "OURSELVES" with something or compare and compete with somebody. Why do we tend to do that? because we dance to the of tunes of the mind with utmost dextirity ,which in reality is under our control.This has been explained beautifully by Mr.Santosh Nair in his previous mail. The mind with which we think at this moment is actually God's mind.So the mind is not ours. We are not its owners. Then what do we own?What is it that can be rightfully called as ours? ZILCH!! The Body which we address it as Me,I etc can be classified into- The physical body or the gross body , and the astral body or the subtle body also known as the linga sharira. The gross body cannot sustain itself on its own. It derives the energy from

the subtle body, the prana nadis to be precise. The subtle body too cannot sustain independently for it derives its energy from the atman, the pure self. In essence, the very fact the gross body and the subtle body are both dependant on the SELF, means they have no stand of their own That which is permanent is the ATMAN which takes different forms every birth in accordance to ones past deeds Therefore, to identify and attach importance to the physical body as "I" is temporary. This is what the great Ramana Maharishi , an incarnation of Lord Subramanya talks about ATMA VICHARA - WHO AM I? Every encounter with injury, hurt, insult ,pain he asks us to enquire WHO AM I? WHO IS GETTING INSULTED? WHO IS IN PAIN? The answer to such questions momentarily dawns in us the realisation of the truth, sustainance of which is the real task. If the world is unreal, then everything around us is temporarary.Conserving energy by realising and imbibing such thoughts helps us tread successfully, the difficult path of spirituality despite obstacles, which is what all this quest is all about. Murugan Thunai

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.