IndiaDivine.org

Saint Arunagirinathar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

u Ohm ! Sivasaravanabava ! Arunagirinathar is well

respected for his concern about the hopeless condition in which we all live. All of us know that in his earlier years, he indulged in worldly pleasures . He understood that worldly pleasures are only temporary and Lord Murugan alone can uplift a soul to realize the true happiness i.e. eternal bliss. He realized his helplessness and firmly believed that total unconditional surrender to Lord Murugan only can relieve him of all the worldly pains. Since he found living in this world is worthless, worshipping lord Murugan, he decided to end his life. At that very moment, Lord Murugan gave him dharshan & enlightenment. Then onwards, he was fully devoted to Lord Murugan & spent remaining days in singing His deeds (Thiruvilaiyadals) in the

form of Thiruppugazh, Kandar Anubhuthi, Alangaram, Vaguppu etc. Throughout his life, he was constantly worried about his fellow human beings. How these people, who do not know that the momentary pleasures are "maya" and who do not realize the boundless grace of Lord Murugan, are going to attain the status which he could achieve ? This is the distinct difference between Arunagiri and other saints ---- others were praying for their own realization or their family. But Saint Arunagiri was always worried about this whole human race. He did not appear to be happy for his salvation alone. He saw people do not realize the right way of living & doing wrong things. He prays , begs, and cries before Lord Murugan for others also. Sometimes, he

questions Him how people, who do not realize that they are doing many wrong things, are going to get enlightenment. The interesting thing to notice is that his prayers will sound as if he himself is suffering from all these bad qualities. He had the fortune of bearing the lotus feets of Lord Murugan on his head. How can such a person suffer from these bad qualities? Certainly he talks about his co humans only. That is why he is praised as " Karunaikku Arunagiri ". I happen to read one Thiruppugazh. The starting word is "Pagira Ninaivoru". In this he enumerates 21 wrong ways of humans behaviour : 01. pagira ninaivoru thinai aLavilumili: Do not have an iota of thought to share food with others; (5) 02. karuNaiyili: Do not have any compassion; (6) 03. unadharuNai yodu, thaNiyal pazhanimalai, gurumalai, paNimalai, pala malai paadipparavu midaRili: I do not have the capacity to sing about Your shrines like ThiruvaNNAmalai, ThiruththaNigai, Pazhanimalai, SwAmimalai, Thiruchengode and several other mountains. (6) 04.

padiRu kodidaRu sol pazhagi: Used to saying evil and contradictory things all the time; (6) 05. azhagili: Do not possess any charm; (3) 06. kulamili : Do not have a decent lineage; (5) 07. nalamili: Have no virtue whatsoever; (4) 08. padhimai yili: Have no devotion;(3) 09. bavushadhu mili: Have no

magnanimity; (5) 10. mahimai yili: Have no greatness;(3) 11. kulaalan thigiri varumoru selavinil ezhubadhu selavu varumana: Within the time it takes for the potter's wheel to make one full circle, mind rotates seventy times; (1) 12. bavurikod alamaru thirukan:, Feel miserable due to a crooked-mind; (6) 13. urugudhal azhugudhal thozhugudhal ninaiyaadha thimiran : arrogant one whose mind never thinks about melting, crying or prostrating before You; (5) 14. iyalbili: Do not have decent manners; (7) 15. aruLili: Have no grace;(4) 16. poruLili: Have no asset;(4) 17. thirudan: Stealthy;(6) 18. madhiyili: Stupid;(4) 19. gadhiyili: Hopeless person;(4) 20. vidhiyili: Have no good karma;(3) 21. seyalil uNarvili: Have no feeling of doing noble deeds;(6) I

just tried to evaluate myself by giving marks for the above, by using a scale of 1 for the worst & 10 for the best. My score is given in the bracket & it is 96 out of 210; i.e. 45.71 %….I do not know if I am fit for contributing to our Thandapani group. You are the best judge. I consider that only due to the grace of Lord Murugan, I could join this Thandapani group. Ohm ! Sivasaravanabava ! ---- V. Hariharan

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Saint Arunagirinathar was indeed a great Saint who sung the greatness of

the Lord at many Shrines.

None of us are judges here. He and He alone is the Supreme Judge.

To put it in the words of Arunagirinathar " Pazhi Vaanguvathu Namathu

PaNi alla, athu avan PaNi " .

All *Humans* err. It is only the amount that varies from person to person.

For has not Lord Siva proclaimed (as appears in the Upamanyu Bhakta

Vilasam), " It is out of My Supreme Grace that the Jiva gets cleansed of

its three Malas and thus attains the supreme state " .

You are most welcome to contribute to the group.

For your information, for many of the members, the information you have

posted would be New and very informative, which would otherwise not be

available easily.

--

|| நமசà¯à®šà®¿à®µà®¾à®¯ வாழà¯à®• | நாதனà¯à®¤à®¾à®³à¯

வாழக |

இமைப௠பொழà¯à®¤à¯à®®à¯ என௠நெஞà¯à®šà®¿à®²à¯

நீகாதானà¯à®¤à®¾à®³à¯ வாழக ||

|| திரà¯à®šà¯à®šà®¿à®±à¯à®±à®®à¯à®ªà®²à®®à¯ ||

Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.

Guest guest

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Mr. hariharan..

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It isonly His grace that we are able to think about Him. There is no exaggeration in your statement.

MURUGA SARANAM

With Best Regards

Meyyapan S

On 7/23/06, haran hari <harimay43 wrote:

u

Ohm ! Sivasaravanabava !

Arunagirinathar is well respected for his concern about the hopeless condition in which we all live. All of us know that in his earlier years, he indulged in worldly pleasures . He understood that worldly pleasures are only temporary and Lord Murugan alone can uplift a soul to realize the true happiness i.e. eternal bliss. He realized his helplessness and firmly believed that total unconditional surrender to Lord Murugan only can relieve him of all the worldly pains. Since he found living in this world is worthless, worshipping lord Murugan, he decided to end his life. At that very moment, Lord Murugan gave him dharshan & enlightenment.

Then onwards, he was fully devoted to Lord Murugan & spent remaining days in singing His deeds (Thiruvilaiyadals) in the form of Thiruppugazh, Kandar Anubhuthi, Alangaram, Vaguppu etc.

Throughout his life, he was constantly worried about his fellow human beings. How these people, who do not know that the momentary pleasures are " maya " and who do not realize the boundless grace of Lord Murugan, are going to attain the status which he could achieve ? This is the distinct difference between Arunagiri and other saints ---- others were praying for their own realization or their family. But Saint Arunagiri was always worried about this whole human race. He did not appear to be happy for his salvation alone. He saw people do not realize the right way of living & doing wrong things. He prays , begs, and cries before Lord Murugan for others also. Sometimes, he questions Him how people, who do not realize that they are doing many wrong things, are

going to get enlightenment.

The interesting thing to notice is that his prayers will sound as if he himself is suffering from all these bad qualities. He had the fortune of bearing the lotus feets of Lord Murugan on his head. How can such a person suffer from these bad qualities? Certainly he talks about his co humans only. That is why he is praised as " Karunaikku Arunagiri " .

I happen to read one Thiruppugazh. The starting word is " Pagira Ninaivoru " . In this he enumerates 21 wrong ways of humans behaviour :

01. pagira ninaivoru thinai aLavilumili: Do not have an iota of thought to share food with others; (5)

02. karuNaiyili: Do not have any compassion; (6)

03. unadharuNai yodu, thaNiyal pazhanimalai, gurumalai, paNimalai, pala malai paadipparavu midaRili: I do not have the capacity to sing about Your shrines like ThiruvaNNAmalai, ThiruththaNigai, Pazhanimalai, SwAmimalai, Thiruchengode and several other mountains. (6)

04. padiRu kodidaRu sol pazhagi: Used to saying evil and contradictory things all the time; (6)

05. azhagili: Do not possess any charm; (3)

06. kulamili : Do not have a decent lineage; (5)

07. nalamili: Have no virtue whatsoever; (4)

08. padhimai yili: Have no devotion;(3)

09. bavushadhu mili: Have no magnanimity; (5)

10. mahimai yili: Have no greatness;(3)

11. kulaalan thigiri varumoru selavinil ezhubadhu selavu varumana: Within the time it takes for the potter's wheel to make one full circle, mind rotates seventy times; (1)

12. bavurikod alamaru thirukan:, Feel miserable due to a crooked-mind; (6)

13. urugudhal azhugudhal thozhugudhal ninaiyaadha thimiran : arrogant one whose mind never thinks about melting, crying or prostrating before You; (5)

14. iyalbili: Do not have decent manners; (7)

15. aruLili: Have no grace;(4)

16. poruLili: Have no asset;(4)

17. thirudan: Stealthy;(6)

18. madhiyili: Stupid;(4)

19. gadhiyili: Hopeless person;(4)

20. vidhiyili: Have no good karma;(3)

21. seyalil uNarvili: Have no feeling of doing noble deeds;(6)

I just tried to evaluate myself by giving marks for the above, by using a scale of 1 for the worst & 10 for the best. My score is given in the bracket & it is 96 out of 210; i.e. 45.71 %�.I do not know if I am fit for contributing to our Thandapani group. You are the best judge. I consider that only due to the grace of Lord Murugan, I could join this Thandapani group.

Ohm ! Sivasaravanabava !

---- V. Hariharan

Messenger with Voice.

Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.