IndiaDivine.org

Spiritual Stories:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

I enjoyed reading this thread and wish to add this.

For a very long time, I too interpreted the lines

"amma, poruL onrum aRinthilanE!" as "I do not understand!"

as Hari has mentioned.

Later a couple of sources including the one below helped me get the

meaning as "I do not see the objects (external world)."

The Tamil word poruL has different English equivalents like

"meaning", "object" or "wealth".

Source: verse 12 from

http://davidgodman.org/asaints/kanubhuti.shtml

regards

-ramasamy

-

haran hari

dhandapani

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:04 AM

Re: Re: Spiritual Stories: Post #8 �PEACE IS THE SOLE CRITERION�

Ohm ! SIVASARAVANABAVA !

Dear Learned Friends,

This message of " Silence " appears to be very important. Our beloved Lord Thiru Murugan advised our Gurunatahr Arunagiri " CHUMMA IRU, CHOL ARA " ( Be Silent ! Let there be no word ! ). ( Ref : Kanthar Anubuthi 12th somg ). But Arunagirinathar exclaims that he is unable to understand the meaning of His advise. Therefore the meaning must be very involved. However, for layperson like us Ramana Maharishi's practical explanation must be enough to practice.

-----V. Hariharansanthosh_s_nair <santhosh_s_nair wrote:

Om Shanmugha Saranam.I

dear devotees a amll story on faith pardon me for my bad english SPRITUAL STORIES THE STORY IS NARRATED BY MY GRANDMOTHER HOW THE FAITH MAKES IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE LONG LONG AGAO IN A REMOTE VILLAGE IN KERALA PALAKKAD DISTRICT ONE ACHARYA CAME AND CAMPED THERE FOR FEW DAYS.MORING AFTER BATH HE USED TO PERFORM PUJA FOR THE ARCHAMOORTIES WHICH HE HAD KEPT IN THE VILLAGE AFTER THAT HE USED TO GIVE DISCOURSES ON RAMAYANA AND BHARATHA. TWO OF THE VILLAGE RUSTIC FELLOWS APPROACHED HIM FOR HIS BLESSINGS AND THE SAINT HAD GIVEN A PATIENT HEARINGS TO THE FELLOWS .AND SAID TO THEM THEY CAN COME IN THE EVENING AND ASK FOR DUITABLE SOLUTIONS FOR THE PROBLEMS IN THE EVENING BOTH THE FELLOWS CALLED ON THE SAINT AND AFTER PRAYING TO HIM ONE OF THE VILLAGE RUTIC

FELLO ASKED THE SAINT TO GIVE HIM SOME UPADESHA MANTHIRAM TO ENABLE HIM TO GO TO HEAVEN WITH HUMAN BODY THE SAINT GAVE HIM AN ONE LETTER WORD KU. THE OTHER VILLAGE FELLOW ALSO APPROACED HIM WITH SIMILAR REQUEST THE GODMAN GAVE HIM UPADESHA THIS TIME THE MANTHIRAM IS SU. BOTH THE VILLAGE

FELLOWS HAVE STARTED RECITITING THE MANTHIRAS ONE WITHOUTKNOWING THE OTHERS MANTHIRAM SLOWLY BOTH THE FELLOWS HAVE STARTED RISING UP FROM THE GROUND AND SOON THEY WERE SEEN IN THE SKY GOING TOWARDS HEAVEN. THE MOMENT THEY REACHED THE HEAVENS GATE THE HEAVENLY BODIES WELCOMED THEM AND OFFERED THEM SEAT ETC AFTER REACHING HEAVEN BOTH THE VILLAGE FELLOWS WANTED TO COME BACK TO EARTH AND THEY WERE GUIDED ACCORDINGLY. AFTER REACHING EARTH BACK THEY STARTED TELLING EVERY ONE ABOUT HEAVEN AND THE ROYAL TREATMENT THEY RECEIVED THEY WENT TO THE GODMAN AND PROSTRATED BEFORE HIM AND EXPRESSED THEIR THANKS FOR SENDING THEM TO HEAVEN. THE GOD MAN COULD NOT BELIEVE IT AS HE JUST UTTERED A SINGLE LETTER WITH ANY MEANING. SOON HE REALISED IT IS THE FAITH OF THE RUSTIC VILLAGE YOUTHS WHICH MADE IT

IMPOSSIBLE THOUGH THE GODMAN HIMSELF DOESN’T BELIVE IN THAT WORDS

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Dear Ramaswami Sir, thanks a lot for ur mail....this meaning makes a lot of sense. --harir_ramasamy wrote: Dear All, I enjoyed reading this thread and wish to add this. For a very long time, I too interpreted the lines "amma, poruL onrum aRinthilanE!" as "I do not understand!" as

Hari has mentioned. Later a couple of sources including the one below helped me get the meaning as "I do not see the objects (external world)." The Tamil word poruL has different English equivalents like "meaning", "object" or "wealth". Source: verse 12 from http://davidgodman.org/asaints/kanubhuti.shtml regards -ramasamy - haran hari dhandapani Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:04 AM Re: Re: Spiritual Stories: Post #8 �PEACE IS THE SOLE CRITERION� Ohm ! SIVASARAVANABAVA ! Dear Learned Friends, This message of " Silence " appears to be very important. Our beloved Lord Thiru Murugan advised our Gurunatahr Arunagiri " CHUMMA IRU, CHOL ARA " ( Be Silent ! Let there be no word ! ). ( Ref : Kanthar Anubuthi 12th somg ). But Arunagirinathar exclaims that he is unable to understand the meaning of His advise. Therefore the meaning must be

very involved. However, for layperson like us Ramana Maharishi's practical explanation must be enough to practice. -----V. Hariharansanthosh_s_nair <santhosh_s_nair > wrote: Om Shanmugha Saranam.I

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.