IndiaDivine.org

spiritual stories

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear members, Here's a spiritual story contribution. Some four hours drive from Chennai, is an ashram called Thapovanam. There used to be a Siddhar there by the name of Swami Gnananandagiri. This story is about Him. Swamiji had a very lucid and simple technique of explaining the most profound principles of sprirtuality. Everyone who met Him was touched by His divinity. Small story A gentleman who visited Swamiji at the ashram felt very fortunate to get a darshan of Swamiji. In typical fashion, Swamiji first organized coffee for the visitor (He was always very particular about taking care of his guests' need for food and beverages). So the gentleman settled down to have a relaxed chat with Swamiji while sipping his hot coffee. "Tell me,

Swamiji", he began, "how did we really come about? How did we originate? How many years ago was it? They say you know everything. So its been a long cherished desire of mine to ask you this". Swamiji simple stared at the white dhoti (long wrap-around cloth worn by men in India) the guest was wearing, and noticed a stain on it. "How did that happen?" He asked the visitor. "Well" he replied, "I must have spilled some coffee while chatting with you now...." Swamiji became very concerned and immediately called out for milk to be put on stain and clear it. The ashram people rushed to oblige Swamiji and returned with a glass of milk. The visiting gentleman was very puzzled with all this fuss about a simple stain. And he commented: "Why all this fuss, Swamiji?

Its just a stain. I can wash it later". To which Swamiji replied: "If you wash it immediately, it will go away. Dont wait". Then Swamiji delivered the punch line: "Should you be concerned about eliminating the stain, or should you spend time wondering how and when it happened?" Hope you enjoyed reading this. Patricia

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Members..

Thank you for all the enriching information on silence and the spiritual stories. They were all nice to know and ponder upon.

MURUGA SARANAM

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 9/21/06, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Dear members,

Here's a spiritual story contribution.

Some four hours drive from Chennai, is an ashram called Thapovanam. There used to be a Siddhar there by the name of Swami Gnananandagiri. This story is about Him.

Swamiji had a very lucid and simple technique of explaining the most profound principles of sprirtuality. Everyone who met Him was touched by His divinity.

Small story

A gentleman who visited Swamiji at the ashram felt very fortunate to get a darshan of Swamiji. In typical fashion, Swamiji first organized coffee for the visitor (He was always very particular about taking care of his guests' need for food and beverages).

So the gentleman settled down to have a relaxed chat with Swamiji while sipping his hot coffee.

" Tell me, Swamiji " , he began, " how did we really come about? How did we originate? How many years ago was it? They say you know everything. So its been a long cherished desire of mine to ask you this " .

Swamiji simple stared at the white dhoti (long wrap-around cloth worn by men in India) the guest was wearing, and noticed a stain on it.

" How did that happen? " He asked the visitor.

" Well " he replied, " I must have spilled some coffee while chatting with you now.... "

Swamiji became very concerned and immediately called out for milk to be put on stain and clear it. The ashram people rushed to oblige Swamiji and returned with a glass of milk.

The visiting gentleman was very puzzled with all this fuss about a simple stain. And he commented: " Why all this fuss, Swamiji? Its just a stain. I can wash it later " .

To which Swamiji replied: " If you wash it immediately, it will go away. Dont wait " .

Then Swamiji delivered the punch line:

" Should you be concerned about eliminating the stain, or should you spend time wondering how and when it happened? "

Hope you enjoyed reading this.

Patricia

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls

to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.