IndiaDivine.org

losing confidence in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a god called MURUGA????????????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello members

i 'm an engineering graduate with a very good acadamic

background searching for a job for the last 1 yr

actually my story goes like this

i started my job search from AU(chennai) last sept. and till

date attended many company's(IT Giants) recruitment processes i didnt

clear even their first round of recruitment, the mistake is mine only

for i was involved in my project(final year) and didnt concentrate on

this!!!!!

thats the only mistake i had done!!!!!!!!!!!

now everybody in my class with a profile equivalent to me

are placed in companys and startd working for them!!!!!!!

but me jobless, i was completely depressed for the last

three months and my family supported me to their level best and this

thursday i attended satyam s recruitment drive in chennai for the

third time(previous two times were failures for me) and was eagerly

awaiting the result and i did not do to my satisfaction level

i got the msg today morning that only 5 people are selectd

for the next round and i was completely devastated on hearing this

just 5???????? will i be one among them????????????

i tried to convince myself that i ve just stepped in to

life and there is a whole lot to be faced in this world

and this night until a few mins back i was just

thinking that is there any god cald muruga here for me ?????????

or shiva or parvati or venkateshwara or any other god for me????????

so i just started this thread with that subject line as that much

discouraging " losing confidence in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a god

called MURUGA???????????? "

after opening this page i browsed thro other webpages and

suddenly one msg from one of my friends popped up in my mobile i

opened it to read it as " call po " (placement officer) i was really

tensed and i cald him but he was so busy and again msgd my friend

asking him " who all got selected? " he replied back as

" u got selected "

i waited for 1 hard yr to see this msg now from last sep to

this sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i cald my po and he confirmed my selection!!!!!! in the

written test

i am now in a joyous mood but there are 3 more rounds for

me in their recruitment process!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope and pray to lord muruga that i will clear all those

three rounds too

i think lord muruga was angry with me sending a msg like

this with that kind of subject line to the group questioning HIS

PRESENCE and so gave me a sweet msg after this much

time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

i love you murugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

ps i thought of changing the subject line but yet i liked it to be the

same

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Mr. Karthik..

That is very nice to know. I dont know, at times it seems as if He is not willing to listen not even through one of His twelve ears. Sometimes it seems as if He intentionally makes you scold Him, after which everything seems to be fine. All the repentance and reproachment makes the bonding with Him more stronger. This must be His play towards His devotees and He seems to enjoy that and ofcourse it is an ejoyment for the devotees too at the end.

In any case He never fails to reward strong will power and tenacity in any pursuit. Wish you all the best and let us pray that you succeed through the rest of the rounds also and enjoy a rewarding, prosperous and fulfilling career with The Grace of Lord Murugan.

May All Glories be to The Lord with Six Beautiful Faces !!!

MURUGA SARANAM

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 9/23/06, karthic <karthicatspec wrote:

hello membersi 'm an engineering graduate with a very good acadamicbackground searching for a job for the last 1 yr actually my story goes like thisi started my job search from AU(chennai) last sept. and till

date attended many company's(IT Giants) recruitment processes i didntclear even their first round of recruitment, the mistake is mine onlyfor i was involved in my project(final year) and didnt concentrate on

this!!!!!thats the only mistake i had done!!!!!!!!!!!now everybody in my class with a profile equivalent to meare placed in companys and startd working for them!!!!!!!but me jobless, i was completely depressed for the last

three months and my family supported me to their level best and thisthursday i attended satyam s recruitment drive in chennai for thethird time(previous two times were failures for me) and was eagerlyawaiting the result and i did not do to my satisfaction level

i got the msg today morning that only 5 people are selectdfor the next round and i was completely devastated on hearing thisjust 5???????? will i be one among them????????????i tried to convince myself that i ve just stepped in to

life and there is a whole lot to be faced in this world and this night until a few mins back i was justthinking that is there any god cald muruga here for me ?????????or shiva or parvati or venkateshwara or any other god for me????????

so i just started this thread with that subject line as that muchdiscouraging " losing confidence in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a godcalled MURUGA???????????? " after opening this page i browsed thro other webpages and

suddenly one msg from one of my friends popped up in my mobile iopened it to read it as " call po " (placement officer) i was reallytensed and i cald him but he was so busy and again msgd my friendasking him " who all got selected? " he replied back as

" u got selected " i waited for 1 hard yr to see this msg now from last sep tothis sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i cald my po and he confirmed my selection!!!!!! in thewritten test

i am now in a joyous mood but there are 3 more rounds forme in their recruitment process!!!!!!!!!!!i hope and pray to lord muruga that i will clear all thosethree rounds tooi think lord muruga was angry with me sending a msg like

this with that kind of subject line to the group questioning HISPRESENCE and so gave me a sweet msg after this muchtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)i love you murugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

ps i thought of changing the subject line but yet i liked it to be thesame

Hi all,

There is a saying in TELUGU that " PALLUNNA CHETTUKE

RAALLA DEBBALU " which means " A TREE WHICH BEARS

FRUITS FACES STONES " ........REMEMBER THIS .....

SARAVANABHAVA SARANU SARANU.....

Sampath.

--- S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote:

> MURUGA SARANAM

>

> Dear Mr. Karthik..

>

> That is very nice to know. I dont know, at times it

> seems as if He is not

> willing to listen not even through one of His twelve

> ears. Sometimes it

> seems as if He intentionally makes you scold Him,

> after which everything

> seems to be fine. All the repentance and

> reproachment makes the bonding with

> Him more stronger. This must be His play towards His

> devotees and He seems

> to enjoy that and ofcourse it is an ejoyment for the

> devotees too at the

> end.

>

> In any case He never fails to reward strong will

> power and tenacity in any

> pursuit. Wish you all the best and let us pray that

> you succeed through the

> rest of the rounds also and enjoy a rewarding,

> prosperous and fulfilling

> career with The Grace of Lord Murugan.

>

> May All Glories be to The Lord with Six Beautiful

> Faces !!!

>

> MURUGA SARANAM

>

> With Best Regards

> Meyyappan S

>

>

>

> On 9/23/06, karthic <karthicatspec

> wrote:

> >

> > hello members

> >

> > i 'm an engineering graduate with a very good

> acadamic

> > background searching for a job for the last 1 yr

> >

> > actually my story goes like this

> >

> > i started my job search from AU(chennai) last

> sept. and till

> > date attended many company's(IT Giants)

> recruitment processes i didnt

> > clear even their first round of recruitment, the

> mistake is mine only

> > for i was involved in my project(final year) and

> didnt concentrate on

> > this!!!!!

> >

> > thats the only mistake i had done!!!!!!!!!!!

> >

> > now everybody in my class with a profile

> equivalent to me

> > are placed in companys and startd working for

> them!!!!!!!

> >

> > but me jobless, i was completely depressed for the

> last

> > three months and my family supported me to their

> level best and this

> > thursday i attended satyam s recruitment drive in

> chennai for the

> > third time(previous two times were failures for

> me) and was eagerly

> > awaiting the result and i did not do to my

> satisfaction level

> >

> > i got the msg today morning that only 5 people are

> selectd

> > for the next round and i was completely devastated

> on hearing this

> > just 5???????? will i be one among

> them????????????

> >

> > i tried to convince myself that i ve just stepped

> in to

> > life and there is a whole lot to be faced in this

> world

> > and this night until a few mins back i was just

> > thinking that is there any god cald muruga here

> for me ?????????

> > or shiva or parvati or venkateshwara or any other

> god for me????????

> >

> > so i just started this thread with that subject

> line as that much

> > discouraging " losing confidence in

> me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a god

> > called MURUGA???????????? "

> >

> > after opening this page i browsed thro other

> webpages and

> > suddenly one msg from one of my friends popped up

> in my mobile i

> > opened it to read it as " call po " (placement

> officer) i was really

> > tensed and i cald him but he was so busy and again

> msgd my friend

> > asking him " who all got selected? " he replied back

> as

> >

> > " u got selected "

> >

> > i waited for 1 hard yr to see this msg now from

> last sep to

> > this sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> >

> > and i cald my po and he confirmed my

> selection!!!!!! in the

> > written test

> >

> > i am now in a joyous mood but there are 3 more

> rounds for

> > me in their recruitment process!!!!!!!!!!!

> >

> > i hope and pray to lord muruga that i will clear

> all those

> > three rounds too

> >

> >

> > i think lord muruga was angry with me sending a

> msg like

> > this with that kind of subject line to the group

> questioning HIS

> > PRESENCE and so gave me a sweet msg after this

> much

> > time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

> >

> > i love you

> murugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

> >

> > ps i thought of changing the subject line but yet

> i liked it to be the

> > same

> > .

> >

> >

> >

>

sir thanks meyappan and sampath for your wishes. regardskarthicsampath koundinya <sampath_koundinya wrote: Hi all, There is a saying in TELUGU that " PALLUNNA CHETTUKE RAALLA DEBBALU " which means " A TREE WHICH BEARS FRUITS FACES STONES " ........REMEMBER THIS ..... SARAVANABHAVA SARANU SARANU..... Sampath. --- S Meyyappan <smeyyappan > wrote: > MURUGA

SARANAM > > Dear Mr. Karthik.. > > That is very nice to know. I dont know, at times it > seems as if He is not > willing to listen not even through one of His twelve > ears. Sometimes it > seems as if He intentionally makes you scold Him, > after which everything > seems to be fine. All the repentance and > reproachment makes the bonding with > Him more stronger. This must be His play towards His > devotees and He seems > to enjoy that and ofcourse it is an ejoyment for the > devotees too at the > end. > > In any case He never fails to reward strong will > power and tenacity in any > pursuit. Wish you all the best and let us pray that > you succeed through the > rest of the rounds also and enjoy a rewarding, > prosperous and fulfilling > career with The Grace of Lord Murugan. > > May All

Glories be to The Lord with Six Beautiful > Faces !!! > > MURUGA SARANAM > > With Best Regards > Meyyappan S > > > > On 9/23/06, karthic <karthicatspec (AT) (DOT) co.in> > wrote: > > > > hello members > > > > i 'm an engineering graduate with a very good > acadamic > > background searching for a job for the last 1 yr > > > > actually my story goes like this > > > > i started my job search from AU(chennai) last > sept. and till > > date attended many company's(IT Giants) > recruitment processes i didnt > > clear even their first round of recruitment, the > mistake is mine only > > for i was involved in my project(final year) and > didnt concentrate on > > this!!!!!

> > > > thats the only mistake i had done!!!!!!!!!!! > > > > now everybody in my class with a profile > equivalent to me > > are placed in companys and startd working for > them!!!!!!! > > > > but me jobless, i was completely depressed for the > last > > three months and my family supported me to their > level best and this > > thursday i attended satyam s recruitment drive in > chennai for the > > third time(previous two times were failures for > me) and was eagerly > > awaiting the result and i did not do to my > satisfaction level > > > > i got the msg today morning that only 5 people are > selectd > > for the next round and i was completely devastated > on hearing this > > just 5???????? will i be one among > them???????????? > >

> > i tried to convince myself that i ve just stepped > in to > > life and there is a whole lot to be faced in this > world > > and this night until a few mins back i was just > > thinking that is there any god cald muruga here > for me ????????? > > or shiva or parvati or venkateshwara or any other > god for me???????? > > > > so i just started this thread with that subject > line as that much > > discouraging "losing confidence in > me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a god > > called MURUGA????????????" > > > > after opening this page i browsed thro other > webpages and > > suddenly one msg from one of my friends popped up > in my mobile i > > opened it to read it as "call po"(placement > officer) i was really > > tensed and i cald him but he was so busy and again >

msgd my friend > > asking him "who all got selected?" he replied back > as > > > > " u got selected" > > > > i waited for 1 hard yr to see this msg now from > last sep to > > this sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > > > and i cald my po and he confirmed my > selection!!!!!! in the > > written test > > > > i am now in a joyous mood but there are 3 more > rounds for > > me in their recruitment process!!!!!!!!!!! > > > > i hope and pray to lord muruga that i will clear > all those > > three rounds too > > > > > > i think lord muruga was angry with me sending a > msg like > > this with that kind of subject line to the group > questioning HIS > > PRESENCE and so gave me a sweet msg after this > much > >

time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) > > > > i love you > murugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! > > > > ps i thought of changing the subject line but yet > i liked it to be the > > same > > . > > > > > > >

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Dear Group Members, Please dont mistake me, because I dont intend to be rude or harsh. It is a simple fact of life. Long time back, I read "God is not a Cosmic bellboy". I felt the writer who wrote that was being very brutal. I wish he had expressed it more softly. What it means is: We are are here on earth because we wanted to be born (karmas and undying desires). That being so, we have to live life out, with all its promises and disappointments. When we are very young, we're told: "if you work hard, study hard, success and happiness will be yours". But after our hard work and hard studying, when we do not

get the results (that were "promised" to us), we dont know what to believe any more! My experience is that, dont give up on God,aka Murugan. He does NOT owe us anything. Yet, it is His mercy that He gives and gives. If things are not working out as you had aspired, just plug into HIM, and keep chanting his name and his praise till you can chant no more. And then watch Him in action. This is what I tell my own son, who incidentally, was granted to me by Murugan. He is now a teenager, and like any young human being, has got so many aspirations, so many goals. I hope group members will find this input useful in their lives. Log on to Murugan! Patricia S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote: MURUGA SARANAM Dear Mr. Karthik.. That is very nice to know. I dont know, at times it seems as if He is not willing to listen not even through one of His twelve ears. Sometimes it seems as if He intentionally makes you scold Him, after which everything

seems to be fine. All the repentance and reproachment makes the bonding with Him more stronger. This must be His play towards His devotees and He seems to enjoy that and ofcourse it is an ejoyment for the devotees too at the end. In any case He never fails to reward strong will power and tenacity in any pursuit. Wish you all the best and let us pray that you succeed through the rest of the rounds also and enjoy a rewarding, prosperous and fulfilling career with The Grace of Lord Murugan. May All Glories be to The Lord with Six Beautiful Faces !!! MURUGA SARANAM With Best Regards Meyyappan S On 9/23/06, karthic <karthicatspec (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: hello membersi 'm an engineering graduate with a very good acadamicbackground searching for a job for the last 1 yr actually my story goes like thisi started my job search from AU(chennai) last sept. and till date attended many company's(IT Giants) recruitment processes i didntclear even their first round of recruitment, the mistake is mine onlyfor i was involved in my project(final year) and didnt concentrate onthis!!!!!thats the only mistake i had done!!!!!!!!!!!now everybody in my class with a profile equivalent to meare placed in companys and startd working for them!!!!!!!but me jobless, i was completely depressed for the last three months and my family supported me to their level best and thisthursday i attended satyam s recruitment drive in chennai for

thethird time(previous two times were failures for me) and was eagerlyawaiting the result and i did not do to my satisfaction level i got the msg today morning that only 5 people are selectdfor the next round and i was completely devastated on hearing thisjust 5???????? will i be one among them????????????i tried to convince myself that i ve just stepped in to life and there is a whole lot to be faced in this world and this night until a few mins back i was justthinking that is there any god cald muruga here for me ?????????or shiva or parvati or venkateshwara or any other god for me???????? so i just started this thread with that subject line as that muchdiscouraging "losing confidence in me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a godcalled MURUGA????????????"after opening this page i browsed thro other webpages and suddenly one msg from one of my friends popped up in my mobile iopened it to

read it as "call po"(placement officer) i was reallytensed and i cald him but he was so busy and again msgd my friendasking him "who all got selected?" he replied back as " u got selected"i waited for 1 hard yr to see this msg now from last sep tothis sept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i cald my po and he confirmed my selection!!!!!! in thewritten testi am now in a joyous mood but there are 3 more rounds forme in their recruitment process!!!!!!!!!!!i hope and pray to lord muruga that i will clear all thosethree rounds tooi think lord muruga was angry with me sending a msg like this with that kind of subject line to the group questioning HISPRESENCE and so gave me a sweet msg after this muchtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)i love you murugaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!ps i thought of changing the subject line but yet i liked it to be

thesame .

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Patricia Madam..

This thing had been going on in my mind for a long time, that is " Is God a Wish Granting Machine, whenever we need one? " I think He is much more than that who can give us Mukthi or Liberation from the cycle of actions and reactions instead of mundane things. When we get entangled into troubles, unknowingly at some point of time we start expecting more from Him, and still He is All Merciful. Thats why He is known as Universal Father or even Universal Mother. Thank you for clearly putting it across. The point I wish to reiterate form your message is " HE DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING " . What we experience, whether good or bad is our Karma - The results of our actions. Let us to pray to Him that our currecnt actions become pure and blessed, so that the current karmas are exhaused by experiencing them and future is free of sins or further bondage and take us further towards the higher life, that is towards Him.

MURUGA SARANAM

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 9/25/06, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Dear Group Members,

Please dont mistake me, because I dont intend to be rude or harsh. It is a simple fact of life.

Long time back, I read " God is not a Cosmic bellboy " . I felt the writer who wrote that was being very brutal. I wish he had expressed it more softly.

What it means is: We are are here on earth because we wanted to be born (karmas and undying desires). That being so, we have to live life out, with all its promises and disappointments.

When we are very young, we're told: " if you work hard, study hard, success and happiness will be yours " . But after our hard work and hard studying, when we do not get the results (that were " promised " to us), we dont know what to believe any more!

My experience is that, dont give up on God,aka Murugan. He does NOT owe us anything. Yet, it is His mercy that He gives and gives. If things are not working out as you had aspired, just plug into HIM, and keep chanting his name and his praise till you can chant no more. And then watch Him in action.

This is what I tell my own son, who incidentally, was granted to me by Murugan. He is now a teenager, and like any young human being, has got so many aspirations, so many goals. I hope group members will find this input useful in their lives.

Log on to Murugan!

Patricia

Thank you, Mr Meyappan, for your kind words. The biggest blessing in life is to understanding the reality behind the illusion at an early stage in life! The illusion is the limited perspective we have of life. That is, "I should get only this and not that", or "only this will mean that God is behind me" etc etc. The reality is that one can get far greater things than one imagines, if only one understands and believes that God has greater things for us in life. Blessed are those people who believe this at a younger age. Patricia S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote: MURUGA SARANAM Dear Patricia Madam.. This thing had been going on in my mind for a long time, that is "Is God a Wish Granting Machine, whenever we need one?" I think He is much more than that who can give us Mukthi or Liberation from the cycle of actions and reactions instead of mundane things. When we get entangled into troubles, unknowingly at some point of time we start expecting more from Him, and still He is All Merciful. Thats why He is known as Universal Father or even Universal Mother. Thank you for clearly putting it across. The point I wish to reiterate form your message is "HE DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING". What we experience, whether

good or bad is our Karma - The results of our actions. Let us to pray to Him that our currecnt actions become pure and blessed, so that the current karmas are exhaused by experiencing them and future is free of sins or further bondage and take us further towards the higher life, that is towards Him. MURUGA SARANAM With Best Regards Meyyappan S On 9/25/06, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 > wrote: Dear Group Members, Please dont mistake me, because I dont intend to be rude or harsh. It is a simple fact of

life. Long time back, I read "God is not a Cosmic bellboy". I felt the writer who wrote that was being very brutal. I wish he had expressed it more softly. What it means is: We are are here on earth because we wanted to be born (karmas and undying desires). That being so, we have to live life out, with all its promises and disappointments. When we are very young, we're told: "if you work hard, study hard, success and happiness will be yours". But after our hard work and hard studying, when we do not get the results (that were "promised" to us), we dont know what to believe any more! My experience

is that, dont give up on God,aka Murugan. He does NOT owe us anything. Yet, it is His mercy that He gives and gives. If things are not working out as you had aspired, just plug into HIM, and keep chanting his name and his praise till you can chant no more. And then watch Him in action. This is what I tell my own son, who incidentally, was granted to me by Murugan. He is now a teenager, and like any young human being, has got so many aspirations, so many goals. I hope group members will find this input useful in their lives. Log on to Murugan! Patricia .

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Well Meyyappan, I am not contradicting your statements ....I do strongly aggree with you, but yet GOD is described as KAMADHENU,.......Devi is worshiped as KAMAKSHI ( the mother who fullfills all the DESIRES with her EYES itself ) ......Even Adi Shankara in his KANAKADHARA has asked Goddess Lakshmi to clear off the writings of Brahma and put all Auspicious things in his life........It is like a Mother and Child relationship between A bhaktha and God, AS we ask every thing our mother right from our childhood when ever we feel hungry, we want a doll or anything even the MOON we go to our mother , it is she who takes care of us ......we know to whom to go it is our MOTHER ....similar is the relation between the GOD and the bhaktha............... And coming to the desires Mother cannot get Moon from the sky but she tries to satisfy the child by showing it in the mirror, or else if the toy that we have asked is

safe enough to play with ( we may even ask fire ) .....same way God will decide if we are eligible for what we have asked for and if is it okay for us ....orelse he might have kept a greater things in life for us ......... MAA KE DAR PE DHER HAIN ANDHEER NAHIN......... Regards, Sampath.S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote: MURUGA SARANAM Dear Patricia Madam.. This thing had been going on in my mind for a long time, that is "Is God a Wish Granting Machine, whenever we need one?" I think He is much more than that who can give us Mukthi or Liberation from the cycle of actions and reactions instead of mundane things. When we get entangled into troubles, unknowingly at some point of time we start expecting more from Him, and still He is All Merciful. Thats why He is known as Universal Father or even Universal Mother. Thank you for clearly putting it across. The point I wish to reiterate form your message is "HE DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING". What we experience, whether good or bad is our Karma - The results of our actions. Let us to pray to Him that our currecnt actions become pure and blessed, so that the current karmas are exhaused by experiencing them and future is free of sins or further bondage and take us further towards the higher life, that is towards Him. MURUGA

SARANAM With Best Regards Meyyappan S On 9/25/06, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 > wrote: Dear Group Members, Please dont mistake me, because I dont intend to be rude or harsh. It is a simple fact of life. Long time back, I read "God is not a Cosmic bellboy". I felt the writer who wrote that was being very brutal. I wish he had expressed it more softly. What it means is: We are are here on earth because we wanted to be born (karmas and undying desires). That being so, we have to live life out, with all its promises and disappointments. When we are very young, we're told: "if you work hard, study hard, success and happiness will be yours". But after our hard work and hard studying, when we do not get the results (that were "promised" to us), we dont know what to believe any more! My experience is that, dont give up on God,aka Murugan. He does NOT owe us anything. Yet, it is His mercy that He gives and gives. If things are not working out as you had aspired, just plug into HIM, and keep chanting his name and his praise till you can chant no more. And then watch Him in action. This is what I tell my own son, who incidentally, was granted to me by Murugan. He is now a teenager, and like any young human being, has got so many aspirations, so many goals. I hope group members will find this input useful in their lives. Log on to Murugan! Patricia .

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Many many thanks for this active response on this subject. Yes, God is Kamadhenu. We have every right to ask God anything we want. He/She will give and give if He/She thinks it is reasonable (just like any parent will give if the child's demand is reasonable in the parent's eyes) My point is that sometimes, God has got higher things in store for us. So he may not give the lower things we ask him. But if we insist, and shake Him, He will grant it to us. Again this is His mercy. Re "Maa ke ghar mein dher hai, andher nahin...", yes, its true. At a spiritual discourse, I heard a very learned and pious speaker explain that the "the dher" or delay can even be a lifetime or several lifetimes! Because in the Divine perspective, the time span is infinite. Our one lifetime could be just one second in the cosmic time

frame. Which is why I feel that a deep faith in God and His Goodness can transform a person's life if he develops this faith at an early age. Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Patriciasampath koundinya <sampath_koundinya wrote: Well Meyyappan, I am not contradicting your statements ....I do strongly aggree with you, but yet GOD is described as KAMADHENU,.......Devi

is worshiped as KAMAKSHI ( the mother who fullfills all the DESIRES with her EYES itself ) ......Even Adi Shankara in his KANAKADHARA has asked Goddess Lakshmi to clear off the writings of Brahma and put all Auspicious things in his life........It is like a Mother and Child relationship between A bhaktha and God, AS we ask every thing our mother right from our childhood when ever we feel hungry, we want a doll or anything even the MOON we go to our mother , it is she who takes care of us ......we know to whom to go it is our MOTHER ....similar is the relation between the GOD and the bhaktha............... And coming to the desires Mother cannot get Moon from the sky but she tries to satisfy the child by showing it in the mirror, or else if the toy that we have asked is safe enough to play with ( we may even ask fire ) .....same way God will decide if we are eligible for what we have asked for and if is it okay for us ....orelse

he might have kept a greater things in life for us ......... MAA KE DAR PE DHER HAIN ANDHEER NAHIN......... Regards, Sampath.S Meyyappan <smeyyappan > wrote: MURUGA SARANAM Dear Patricia Madam.. This thing had been going on in my mind for a long time, that is "Is God a Wish Granting Machine, whenever we need one?" I think He is much more than that who can give us Mukthi or Liberation from the cycle of actions and reactions instead of mundane things. When we get entangled into troubles, unknowingly at some point of time we start expecting more from Him, and still He is All Merciful. Thats why He is known as Universal Father or even

Universal Mother. Thank you for clearly putting it across. The point I wish to reiterate form your message is "HE DOES NOT OWE US ANYTHING". What we experience, whether good or bad is our Karma - The results of our actions. Let us to pray to Him that our currecnt actions become pure and blessed, so that the current karmas are exhaused by experiencing them and future is free of sins or further bondage and take us further towards the higher life, that is towards Him. MURUGA SARANAM With Best Regards Meyyappan S On 9/25/06, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 > wrote: Dear Group Members, Please dont mistake me, because I dont intend to be rude or harsh. It is a simple fact of life. Long time back, I read "God is not a Cosmic bellboy". I felt the writer who wrote that was being very brutal. I wish he had expressed it more softly. What it means is: We are are here on earth because we wanted to be born (karmas and undying desires). That being so, we have to live life out, with all its promises and disappointments. When we are very young, we're told: "if you work hard, study hard, success and happiness will be yours". But after our hard work and hard studying, when we do not get the

results (that were "promised" to us), we dont know what to believe any more! My experience is that, dont give up on God,aka Murugan. He does NOT owe us anything. Yet, it is His mercy that He gives and gives. If things are not working out as you had aspired, just plug into HIM, and keep chanting his name and his praise till you can chant no more. And then watch Him in action. This is what I tell my own son, who incidentally, was granted to me by Murugan. He is now a teenager, and like any young human being, has got so many aspirations, so many goals. I hope group members will find this input useful in their lives. Log on to Murugan! Patricia . Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

MURUGA SARANAM

Dear Mr. Sampath..

I agree with your views too. He is Kamadhenu. Kalpaka Vruksham. When we still dont get some thing, we can ask Him to help us qualify ourselves for that. In any case without our attempt or desire for something and serious pursuit for the same, we may not get that. Some times it may seem to come to us easily. And if not we should be happy that we have opportunity to learn more and scope to put more efforts. One who goes through a tougher path will certainly be more experienced than the luckier one. You may also appreciate the fact that whether we qualify ourselves through efforts or skills or talents for some thing, at the end it is only His mercy that we get that thing. Again He does not owe us anything but still gives us as Kamadhenu.

You and other members may like to hear a story (incident in fact) told in Islam about the fact that we get every thing only by His Mercy and not as our own right to get it through our efforts. Muslims are told that praying is a duty of every individual and one must do it to reach God. There was a man who use to pray day and night to God and the angels would help him in day today activities like food and water. That means even to eat or drink he would not stop and would only pray. When his life came to an end, he asked God proclaiming his right for his place in the Paradise. God said OK. If it is by your right then we shall measure your good deeds and sins and accordingly you can get Paradise if you are qualified. The man was confident as he did no sins and in fact did not have time for commiting sins and all the time was sincerely praying to Him. But when all his prayers were weighed against only one of his eyes, the eye was heavier. As per the rule he should get hell only as his good deeds are not enough to qualify him. But when he realised his mistake God have him place in Paradise. Thats why they call Him The Most Merciful and The Most Gracious (Ellaiyatra Arulaalanum Niharatra Anbaalanum). The reason for one eyeball outweighing his life time's prayers is the reason of Karma only. Even while we see something if we show little desire we may attach ourselves to that. We bond ourselves to that thing mentally (without even realising) and we are not free. Like that every step we walk on the earth increases our bondage to the earth. Even while uttering good things we may kill some microbes which have their own right to live. We may need to pay back. Thast why if every action is performed as an offer to Him, instead of our desire being the motive for it, the action gets purified if He accepts it. So we will not be bound to experience the karmic effect of it. So say Muruga, before doing everything and He takes care of the rest. We may not know what is right and wrong, but when we utter His name He ensures that He guides us in the right path. In spite of all that and in spite of our qualifying efforts if we still dont get something then as all of you said He has something better. We just need to ensure if we qualified ourselves through our efforts. Again he is always there to help us qualify through acuring or developing necessary skills for something.

BTW some times luck is also described as an attitude. You may find the information below about the science of luck to be interesting.

> > THE SCIENCE OF LUCK> - By Professor Richard Wiseman, University of> Hertfordshire> > Why do some people get all the luck while> others never get the breaks they deserve? A

> psychologist says he has discovered the answer.> > Ten years ago, I set out to examine luck. I> wanted to know why some people are always in the> right place at the right time, while others

> consistently experience ill fortune.> > I placed advertisements in national newspapers> asking for people who felt consistently lucky or> unlucky to contact me. Hundreds of extraordinary men

> and women volunteered for my research and, over the> years, I have interviewed them, monitored their> lives and had them take part in experiments.> > The results reveal that although these people

> have almost no insight into the causes of their> luck, their thoughts and behavior are responsible> for much of their good and bad fortune. Take the> case of seemingly chance opportunities. Lucky people

> consistently encounter such opportunities, whereas> unlucky people do not.> > I carried out a simple experiment to discover> whether this was due to differences in their ability> to spot such opportunities. I gave both lucky and

> unlucky people a newspaper, and asked them to look> through it and tell me how many photographs were> inside. I had secretly placed a large message> halfway through the newspaper saying: " Tell the

> experimenter you have seen this and win #250. " This> message took up half of the page and was written in> type that was more than two inches high.> > It was staring everyone straight in the face,

> but the unlucky people tended to miss it and the> lucky people tended to spot it. Unlucky people are> generally more tenses than lucky people, and this> anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the

> unexpected. As a result, they miss opportunities> because they are too focused on looking for> something else. They go to parties intent on finding> their perfect partner and so miss opportunities to

> make good friends. They look through newspapers> determined to find certain types of job> advertisements and miss other types of jobs.> > Lucky people are more relaxed and open, and

> therefore see what is there rather than just what> they are looking for. My research eventually> revealed that lucky people generate good fortune via> four principles. They are skilled at creating and

> noticing chance opportunities, make lucky decisions> by listening to their intuition, create> self-fulfilling prophesies via> positive expectations, and adopt a resilient> attitude that transforms bad luck into good.

> > Towards the end of the work, I wondered> whether these principles could be used to create> good luck. I asked a group of volunteers to spend a> month carrying out exercises designed to help them

> think and behave like a lucky person. These> exercises helped them spot chance opportunities,> listen to their intuition, and expect to be lucky,> and be more resilient to bad luck.>

> One month later, the volunteers returned and> described what had happened.> > The results were dramatic: 80% of people were> now happier, more satisfied with their lives and,> perhaps most important of all, luckier. The lucky

> people had become even luckier and the unlucky had> become lucky.> > Finally, I had found the elusive " luck> factor " .> > Here are Professor Wiseman's four top tips for

> becoming lucky:> - Listen to your gut instinct -they are> normally right.> - Be open to new experiences and breaking your> normal routine.> - Spend a few moments each day remembering

> things that went well.> - Visualize yourself being lucky before an> important meeting or telephone call.> > Luck is very often a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Happy to see more discussions on something useful. Please do not hesitate to point out if I need to correct my understanding.

MURUGA SARANAM

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 9/25/06, sampath koundinya <sampath_koundinya wrote:

Well Meyyappan,

I am not contradicting your statements ....I do strongly aggree with you, but yet GOD is described as KAMADHENU,.......Devi is worshiped as KAMAKSHI ( the mother who fullfills all the DESIRES with her EYES itself ) ......Even Adi Shankara in his KANAKADHARA has asked Goddess Lakshmi to clear off the writings of Brahma and put all Auspicious things in his life........It is like a Mother and Child relationship between A bhaktha and God, AS we ask every thing our mother right from our childhood when ever we feel hungry, we want a doll or anything even the MOON we go to our mother , it is she who takes care of us ......we know to whom to go it is our MOTHER ....similar is the relation between the GOD and the bhaktha...............

And coming to the desires Mother cannot get Moon from the sky but she tries to satisfy the child by showing it in the mirror, or else if the toy that we have asked is safe enough to play with ( we may even ask fire ) .....same way God will decide if we are eligible for what we have asked for and if is it okay for us ....orelse he might have kept a greater things in life for us .........

MAA KE DAR PE DHER HAIN ANDHEER NAHIN.........

Regards,

Sampath.