IndiaDivine.org

Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 5

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Transliteration:

maka maayai kaLainThida valla piraan, mukham aaRum molinThu molinThilanE akamaadai madanThaiyar enR— ayarum, sagamaayaiyuL ninRu thayanguvathE. 5

Meaning:

The Mahamaya, the Lord is capable of destroying, His Name 'Shanmukha' though have I been uttering, Home, wealth, and women am I still eagerly thinking, Freed am I not from this irksome Maya's suffering! "The Lord is capable of destroying the Mahamaya. Though I have been repeating His Names many times as 'Shanmukha,' 'Shanmukha,' alas! I am still thinking of home, wealth, and women, and am not freed from the suffering of this world-delusion which is so irksome."

Detailed Commentary:

Maya

The essence of Maya (world-delusion) is home, wealth, and women (wife). These are so tiring and painful. Though one may be engaged in japa, etc., yet their thought persists in the mind. This is called Maya (reasonless delusion) because though they are pain-giving the mind still goes for them and does not dwell upon the Lord, who is capable of freeing one even from the Mahamaya and bestowing upon the devotee joy and wisdom.

Copied with permission from

www.skandagurunatha.org