IndiaDivine.org

Spiritual Stories: Post #57 “Universal Equality”

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MURUGA SARANAM

26th August 2007

Spiritual Stories: Post #57 "Universal Equality"

Dear Members..

In the 57th post in the spiritual stories series by Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi, it is told that you can lie if it does good for the world and if situation demands that. I guess it should also be that not lying would do bad for the world. Interestingly in the case of Pamban Swamigal a lie costed him his visit to Palani Hill. One small lie and he lost his chance to visit The Holy Hill of Palani in his entire life time. Ofcourse the lie was not for the welfare of the world, but for his personal urge to taste the pleasure of visiting Palani Andi. He also had left his family and when his friend asked him whether he has the permission of Palani Andi for this he lied and said "yes". That one lie costed him his golden chance to visit Palani Andi. This story helped me clear my doubts because I used to get agitated that The Lord has permission to do anything to us except prohibiting us from visiting Him and seeking His help. Though it is absolutely right for Him to do whatever He desires as whatever He desires is the right thing (deserving thing) for us and for the world.

Enjoy reading this nice account of a lie telling by Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi.

May All Glories be to Lord Dhandapani who holds the staff !

Palani Malai Murugan Dhandapani Kadavulukku Arohara !!!

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

The Story begins here

Universal Equality

In the course of a conversation about Sri Bhagavan's life in Madurai, Sri Bhagavan recalled, "If my aunt began preparing

appalams (papad), or the like, she would call me and ask me to put my hand on it first. She had great faith in me, because I used to do everything according to her wishes and never told lies. I had to tell only one lie and that was when I came here."

A devotee then said, "It means that for doing a great thing, sometimes a lie has to be told!"

Sri Bhagavan replied, "Yes. When it is for the welfare of the world and when the situation demands it, it has to be done. It cannot be helped. Where is the question of telling a lie? Some force makes one say so. So long as there is purpose there is need of action. When there is no purpose, we can avoid action in the same way as was done by the sage in the story of the sage and the hunter in Yoga Vasishtam."

Full of curiosity the devotee asked, "What is that story?"

IN A FOREST, a sage sat motionless and in silence. His eyes however were open. A hunter hit a deer and as it was running away, he began pursuing it. When he saw the sage he stopped. The deer had run in front of the sage and hidden itself in a bush nearby. The hunter could not see it and so asked the sage "Swami, my deer has come running this way. Please tell me where exactly it has gone." The sage said he did not know. The hunter said, "It ran in front of you. Your eyes were open.

How could you say you do not know?", to which the sage replied, "Oh my friend! We are in the forest with universal equality. We do not have ahankara. Unless you have ahankara, you cannot do things in this world. That ahankara is the mind. That mind does all things. It also makes all the sense organs work. We certainly have no mind; it disappeared long ago. We do not have the three states – the states of waking, dream and deep sleep. We are always in the fourth or turiya state. In that state nothing is seen by us. That being so, what can we say about your deer?" Unable to understand what the sage was saying, the hunter went his way thinking they were all the words of a mad man.

Ends

MURUGA SARANAM

I would like to know if there are any web sites that have songs on

LORD MURUGA. I would be very much interested in the song Maruda

Malai Mamaniae.

0dhandapani , " S Meyyappan " <smeyyappan

wrote:

>

> *MURUGA SARANAM*

>

>

>

> 26th August 2007

>

> Spiritual Stories: Post #57 " *Universal Equality* " **

>

>

>

> Dear Members..

>

>

>

> In the 57th post in the spiritual stories series by Bhagwan Ramana

> Maharishi, it is told that you can lie if it does good for the

world and if

> situation demands that. I guess it should also be that not lying

would do

> bad for the world. Interestingly in the case of Pamban Swamigal a

lie costed

> him his visit to Palani Hill. One small lie and he lost his chance

to visit

> The Holy Hill of Palani in his entire life time. Ofcourse the lie

was not

> for the welfare of the world, but for his personal urge to taste

the

> pleasure of visiting Palani Andi. He also had left his family and

when his

> friend asked him whether he has the permission of Palani Andi for

this he

> lied and said " yes " . That one lie costed him his golden chance to

visit

> Palani Andi. This story helped me clear my doubts because I used

to get

> agitated that The Lord has permission to do anything to us except

> prohibiting us from visiting Him and seeking His help. Though it is

> absolutely right for Him to do whatever He desires as whatever He

desires is

> the right thing (deserving thing) for us and for the world.

>

>

>

> Enjoy reading this nice account of a lie telling by Bhagwan Ramana

> Maharishi.

>

>

>

> *May All Glories be to Lord Dhandapani who holds the staff !*

>

> *Palani Malai Murugan Dhandapani Kadavulukku Arohara !!!*

>

> * *

>

> *Muruga Saranam*

>

>

>

>

>

> With Best Regards

>

> Meyyappan S

>

>

>

> ****

>

> The Story begins here

>

> * *

>

> *Universal Equality*

>

>

>

> *In the course of a conversation about Sri Bhagavan's life in

Madurai, Sri

> Bhagavan recalled, " If my aunt began preparing *appalams (papad)*,

or the

> like, she would call me and ask me to put my hand on it first. She

had great

> faith in me, because I used to do everything according to her

wishes and

> never told lies. I had to tell only one lie and that was when I

came here. "

> *

>

> *A devotee then said, " It means that for doing a great thing,

sometimes a

> lie has to be told! " *

>

> *Sri Bhagavan replied, " Yes. When it is for the welfare of the

world and

> when the situation demands it, it has to be done. It cannot be

helped. Where

> is the question of telling a lie? Some force makes one say so. So

long as

> there is purpose there is need of action. When there is no

purpose, we can

> avoid action in the same way as was done by the sage in the story

of the

> sage and the hunter in *Yoga Vasishtam*. " *

>

> *Full of curiosity the devotee asked, " What is that story? " *

>

> IN A FOREST, a sage sat motionless and in silence. His eyes

however were

> open. A hunter hit a deer and as it was running away, he began

pursuing it.

> When he saw the sage he stopped. The deer had run in front of the

sage and

> hidden itself in a bush nearby. The hunter could not see it and so

asked the

> sage " Swami, my deer has come running this way. Please tell me

where exactly

> it has gone. " The sage said he did not know. The hunter said, " It

ran in

> front of you. Your eyes were open.

>

> How could you say you do not know? " , to which the sage

replied, " Oh my

> friend! We are in the forest with universal equality. We do not

have *

> ahankara*. Unless you have *ahankara*, you cannot do things in

this world.

> That *ahankara* is the mind. That mind does all things. It also

makes all

> the sense organs work. We certainly have no mind; it disappeared

long ago.

> We do not have the three states – the states of waking, dream and

deep

> sleep. We are always in the fourth or *turiya* state. In that

state nothing

> is seen by us. That being so, what can we say about your deer? "

Unable to

> understand what the sage was saying, the hunter went his way

thinking they

> were all the words of a mad man.

>

>

>

> Ends

>

> ********

>

Muruga Saranam

Dear Dr Rangeeth..

You will find a video clipping of the song by Madurai Somu in Deivam film of Devar Films in the following link in Youtube Videos. The song was written by Kannadasan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORK9gySsv4

I couldnt find an audio version of the link which would have been easier to download.

Muruga Saranam

With best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 8/26/07, dr_rangeeth <dr_rangeeth wrote:

MURUGA SARANAMI would like to know if there are any web sites that have songs on LORD MURUGA. I would be very much interested in the song Maruda Malai Mamaniae.

Muruga Saranam

You can also try this link

http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=3025ea1d513d0b2c4b67 & page= & viewt\

ype= & category= It begins

with an intro by Variyar Swamigal. I am unable to watch both the

links properly due to poor internet connection. Also unable to find

an audio only version which could be easier to download.

Interestingly the Youtube link also leads you to another exciting

song " Thiruchendurin Kadalorathil " Song clipping.

Hope you will enjoy watching them.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

dhandapani , " S Meyyappan " <smeyyappan

wrote:

>

> Muruga Saranam

>

> Dear Dr Rangeeth..

>

> You will find a video clipping of the song by Madurai Somu in

Deivam film of

> Devar Films in the following link in Youtube Videos. The song was

written by

> Kannadasan

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORK9gySsv4

>

> I couldnt find an audio version of the link which would have been

easier to

> download.

>

> Muruga Saranam

>

> With best Regards

> Meyyappan S

>

>

>

> On 8/26/07, dr_rangeeth <dr_rangeeth wrote:

> >

> > MURUGA SARANAM

> >

> > I would like to know if there are any web sites that have songs

on

> > LORD MURUGA. I would be very much interested in the song Maruda

> > Malai Mamaniae.

> > .

> >

> >

> >

>

Pls. click the site ----> www.murugan.org dr_rangeeth <dr_rangeeth wrote: MURUGA SARANAMI would like to know if there are any web sites that have songs on LORD MURUGA. I would be very much interested in the song Maruda Malai Mamaniae. 0dhandapani , "S Meyyappan" wrote:>> *MURUGA SARANAM*> > > > 26th August 2007> > Spiritual Stories: Post #57 "*Universal Equality*"**> > > > Dear Members..> > > > In the 57th post in the spiritual stories series by Bhagwan Ramana> Maharishi, it is told that you can lie if it does good for the world and if> situation

demands that. I guess it should also be that not lying would do> bad for the world. Interestingly in the case of Pamban Swamigal a lie costed> him his visit to Palani Hill. One small lie and he lost his chance to visit> The Holy Hill of Palani in his entire life time. Ofcourse the lie was not> for the welfare of the world, but for his personal urge to taste the> pleasure of visiting Palani Andi. He also had left his family and when his> friend asked him whether he has the permission of Palani Andi for this he> lied and said "yes". That one lie costed him his golden chance to visit> Palani Andi. This story helped me clear my doubts because I used to get> agitated that The Lord has permission to do anything to us except> prohibiting us from visiting Him and seeking His help. Though it is> absolutely right for Him to do whatever He desires as whatever He

desires is> the right thing (deserving thing) for us and for the world.> > > > Enjoy reading this nice account of a lie telling by Bhagwan Ramana> Maharishi.> > > > *May All Glories be to Lord Dhandapani who holds the staff !*> > *Palani Malai Murugan Dhandapani Kadavulukku Arohara !!!*> > * *> > *Muruga Saranam*> > > > > > With Best Regards> > Meyyappan S> > > > ****> > The Story begins here> > * *> > *Universal Equality*> > > > *In the course of a conversation about Sri Bhagavan's life in Madurai, Sri> Bhagavan recalled, "If my aunt began preparing *appalams (papad)*, or the> like, she would call me and ask me to put my hand on it first. She had great> faith in me, because

I used to do everything according to her wishes and> never told lies. I had to tell only one lie and that was when I came here."> *> > *A devotee then said, "It means that for doing a great thing, sometimes a> lie has to be told!" *> > *Sri Bhagavan replied, "Yes. When it is for the welfare of the world and> when the situation demands it, it has to be done. It cannot be helped. Where> is the question of telling a lie? Some force makes one say so. So long as> there is purpose there is need of action. When there is no purpose, we can> avoid action in the same way as was done by the sage in the story of the> sage and the hunter in *Yoga Vasishtam*." *> > *Full of curiosity the devotee asked, "What is that story?" *> > IN A FOREST, a sage sat motionless and in silence. His eyes however were> open. A hunter hit a deer and as

it was running away, he began pursuing it.> When he saw the sage he stopped. The deer had run in front of the sage and> hidden itself in a bush nearby. The hunter could not see it and so asked the> sage "Swami, my deer has come running this way. Please tell me where exactly> it has gone." The sage said he did not know. The hunter said, "It ran in> front of you. Your eyes were open.> > How could you say you do not know?", to which the sage replied, "Oh my> friend! We are in the forest with universal equality. We do not have *> ahankara*. Unless you have *ahankara*, you cannot do things in this world.> That *ahankara* is the mind. That mind does all things. It also makes all> the sense organs work. We certainly have no mind; it disappeared long ago.> We do not have the three states – the states of waking, dream and deep> sleep. We are always

in the fourth or *turiya* state. In that state nothing> is seen by us. That being so, what can we say about your deer?" Unable to> understand what the sage was saying, the hunter went his way thinking they> were all the words of a mad man.> > > > Ends> > ********>

MURUGA SARANAM

You can also try www.kaumaram.com where you will find many Murugan

hymns including Thiruppugazhs/bhajan songs in mp3 format. But you

may not find the ones like TMS/Sirkazhi numbers.

With BEst REgards

MEyyappan S

dhandapani , MOHANRAJ N <mohanraj_n wrote:

>

>

> Pls. click the site ----> www.murugan.org

>

>

> dr_rangeeth <dr_rangeeth wrote:

> MURUGA SARANAM

>

>