IndiaDivine.org

Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

mattoor kuzhal mangaiyar maiyyal valai— , pat— toosal padum parisen RozhivEn that— toodaRa vEl sayilath— theRiyum, nittoora niraakula nirbhayanE. 9

Meaning:

Caught up in the fragrant dressed women's infatuation-net And tossing thereby — When shall I cease from this plight? O Lord, Who lets go the Vel to pierce the mount; Who is Fierce and Painless, Undaunted and Great! "O Lord, Who is Fierce, Painless, and Fearless! Who so dispatched the Vel as to pierce through the center of the Krauncha Mountain (without any obstacles)! When shall I cease from the miserable plight of tossing (of mind), being caught up in the net of infatuation for fragrant-dressed women?"

Detailed Commentary:

The Lord is Fierce

Lord Shanmukha with a throw of His Vel destroyed the Krauncha mountain, i.e., the demon who was cursed by sage Agastya to remain as a mountain till he came to be killed by Lord Skanda (verse 4).

The Lord is fierce. He is not only fierce to His enemies in battle but He is also the scorcher of the inner enemies of His devotees, viz., lust, greed, anger, egoism, etc., which cannot be eradicated except by divine grace.

The Lord is painless. He is free from sorrow of any kind due to the absence of limitation of any kind. He is blissful — Anandamaya.

The Lord is fearless. To give battle to the terrible Surapadman and other Asuras was a mere play for Him.

Courtesy: skandagurunatha website