IndiaDivine.org

Vaaram Oru Alayam#31-(Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Temple : Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli Audio Link : 8m 1sec

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856990/1/TamilPodcast31VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguNellaiyapparAlayamThirunelveli.mp3Visit http://vaaramorualayam.blogspot.com

This week's Podcast is about "Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli.This

sivasthalam is one of the Pancha Sabha Temples (Pictures) of Lord

Shiva. It is one of the five sacred places in Shivate faith and

considered holy as Lord Shiva danced in the Thaamira Sabha (copper

hall). (the other being Chidambaram, Thiruvalankaadu,

Kutralam,Madurai).

Place Thirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. Main Deity : NellaiyapparGoddess : KanthimathiHoly tree : BambooPathigam : Thirugnana Samandhar

Darshan time : 6 am – 12pm , 4pm – 9pmThis

twin temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (Nellaiyappar) and His Consort

Parvathi (Kanthimathi) is situated in the heart of the city. The

spiraling temple premises comprise of 850 feet in length and 756 ft in

width. There are 2 huge separate temple precincts within a single

compound.

To hear more about this temple. Click on Podcast link below:http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856990/1/TamilPodcast31VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguNellaiyapparAlayamThirunelveli.mp3

ThanxNataraj PrakashEpisode 30: Arulmigu Kuttralanathar Alayam,Thirukuttralam

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856985/1/TamilPodcast30VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguKuttralanatharAlayamThirukkutralam.mp3Episode 29 : Arulmigu Sani Bhagawan Alayam,Kuchanur

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856981/1/TamilPodcast29VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguSaniBhagawanAlayamKuchanur.mp3Do You ?

Muruga Saanam

Just to supplement to what Mr. Nataraj has posted on Nelliappar Temple of Tirunelveli, the histiry about the origin of the name is given below.

Nellaiappar temple

There are many temples in Tirunelveli but the most famous one is the Nellaiappar temple, located 1 km from Tirunelveli junction. There are many buses plying from Tirunelveli junction to this temple. The name of the main deity here is Nellaiappar and the Ambal's name is Gandhimathi.

According to historical facts, this town was known as Venuvanam. There was a Siva devotee named Vedapattar. Lord Siva wanted to test Vedapattar's devotion. So he made Vedapattar lose his wealth and suffer. Still, he did not give up the habit of praying to God.

One day, Vedapattar left some paddy in the sanctum of Lord Siva and went to take bath in the river. Meanwhile, it started pouring. Seeing this, Vedappatar rushed to the sanctum to save the paddy. To his suprise, he saw that there was no rain around the paddy, and God had put a fence around it and saved it.

He ran to inform the king, Rama Pandian, about the miracle. From then on the city came to be known as Nel veli - paddy that was saved by a fence. The name Nelveli got changed to Tirunelveli in time.

Sage Agastya has worshipped Lord Siva in this temple. The Lord is also called as Venunathar, Veithanathar, Nelvelinathar and Salivanathar. The Ambal is also called Vadivudaiamman and Thirukamakottamudaiya Nachiar. Lord Vinayaga is also called Polla Pillaiyar and Lord Muruga, Arumuga Peruman.

Saiva saint Tirugnana Sambandar has also sung about this temple. The 2,000-year-old temple has 32 theerthams. The speciality of this temple is that there are a lot of stories about it. Nellaiappar temple is one of the five temples where Lord Siva has danced in the form of Nataraja.

According to Hindu belief, devotees who worship the Lord in this temple will get mental peace and live well. Those who worship Gandhimathiamman would prosper in life.

Devotees can donate curd, milk, oil and other items to the temple. Navaratri festival, Tirukkalyanam in the Tamil month of Aippasi and Arudra Darisanam are the main festivals celebrated here.

Muruga Saranam

With best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 11/1/07, nataraj prakash <natar_77 wrote:

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856990/1/TamilPodcast31VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguNellaiyapparAlayamThirunelveli.mp3Visit

http://vaaramorualayam.blogspot.com This week's Podcast is about " Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli.This sivasthalam is one of the Pancha Sabha Temples (Pictures) of Lord Shiva. It is one of the five sacred places in Shivate faith and considered holy as Lord Shiva danced in the Thaamira Sabha (copper hall). (the other being Chidambaram, Thiruvalankaadu, Kutralam,Madurai). Place Thirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. Main Deity : NellaiyapparGoddess : KanthimathiHoly tree : BambooPathigam : Thirugnana Samandhar Darshan time : 6 am – 12pm , 4pm – 9pmThis twin temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (Nellaiyappar) and His Consort Parvathi (Kanthimathi) is situated in the heart of the city. The spiraling temple premises comprise of 850 feet in length and 756 ft in width. There are 2 huge separate temple precincts within a single compound. To hear more about this temple. Click on Podcast link below:

http://podbazaar.castmetrix.net/download/144115188075856990/1/TamilPodcast31VaaramOruAlayamArulmiguNellaiyapparAlayamThirunelveli.mp3 ThanxNataraj Prakash

Dear Mr.Meyyappan,I have narrated the origin,history ,story everything in the podcast as well.Please try downloading the link and hear it and let me know.ThanxNatarajS Meyyappan <smeyyappandhandapani Sent: Friday, November 2, 2007 2:17:46 AMRe: Vaaram Oru Alayam#31-(Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli)

Muruga Saanam

Just to supplement to what Mr. Nataraj has posted on Nelliappar Temple of Tirunelveli, the histiry about the origin of the name is given below.

Nellaiappar temple

There are many temples in Tirunelveli but the most famous one is the Nellaiappar temple, located 1 km from Tirunelveli junction. There are many buses plying from Tirunelveli junction to this temple. The name of the main deity here is Nellaiappar and the Ambal's name is Gandhimathi.

According to historical facts, this town was known as Venuvanam. There was a Siva devotee named Vedapattar. Lord Siva wanted to test Vedapattar's devotion. So he made Vedapattar lose his wealth and suffer. Still, he did not give up the habit of praying to God.

One day, Vedapattar left some paddy in the sanctum of Lord Siva and went to take bath in the river. Meanwhile, it started pouring. Seeing this, Vedappatar rushed to the sanctum to save the paddy. To his suprise, he saw that there was no rain around the paddy, and God had put a fence around it and saved it.

He ran to inform the king, Rama Pandian, about the miracle. From then on the city came to be known as Nel veli - paddy that was saved by a fence. The name Nelveli got changed to Tirunelveli in time.

Sage Agastya has worshipped Lord Siva in this temple. The Lord is also called as Venunathar, Veithanathar, Nelvelinathar and Salivanathar. The Ambal is also called Vadivudaiamman and Thirukamakottamudai ya Nachiar. Lord Vinayaga is also called Polla Pillaiyar and Lord Muruga, Arumuga Peruman.

Saiva saint Tirugnana Sambandar has also sung about this temple. The 2,000-year-old temple has 32 theerthams. The speciality of this temple is that there are a lot of stories about it. Nellaiappar temple is one of the five temples where Lord Siva has danced in the form of Nataraja.

According to Hindu belief, devotees who worship the Lord in this temple will get mental peace and live well. Those who worship Gandhimathiamman would prosper in life.

Devotees can donate curd, milk, oil and other items to the temple. Navaratri festival, Tirukkalyanam in the Tamil month of Aippasi and Arudra Darisanam are the main festivals celebrated here.

Muruga Saranam

With best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 11/1/07, nataraj prakash <natar_77 > wrote:

http://podbazaar. castmetrix. net/download/ 1441151880758569 90/1/TamilPodcas t31VaaramOruAlay amArulmiguNellai yapparAlayamThir unelveli. mp3Visit

http://vaaramoruala yam.blogspot. com This week's Podcast is about "Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli .This sivasthalam is one of the Pancha Sabha Temples (Pictures) of Lord Shiva. It is one of the five sacred places in Shivate faith and considered holy as Lord Shiva danced in the Thaamira Sabha (copper hall). (the other being Chidambaram, Thiruvalankaadu, Kutralam,Madurai) . Place Thirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. Main Deity : NellaiyapparGoddess : KanthimathiHoly tree : BambooPathigam : Thirugnana Samandhar Darshan time : 6 am – 12pm , 4pm – 9pmThis twin temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (Nellaiyappar) and His Consort Parvathi (Kanthimathi) is situated in the heart of the city. The spiraling temple premises comprise of 850 feet in length and 756 ft in width. There are 2 huge separate temple precincts within a single compound. To hear more about this temple. Click on Podcast link below:

http://podbazaar. castmetrix. net/download/ 1441151880758569 90/1/TamilPodcas t31VaaramOruAlay amArulmiguNellai yapparAlayamThir unelveli. mp3 ThanxNataraj Prakash

Muruga Saranam

Dear Mr. Natraj..

Sorry for the delay in reply. Actually at office I cant access mp3 files over the net and finally at home I was able to hear to them today. The mp3 didnt play due to some error (invalid format) but I was able toplay it online from your blog. It was worthlistening. All these days I was not trying thinking that it is the same what we receive in mails. Actually your blog contains more information and podcast is excellent. It was really worth listening. Thank you very much. Now I need to listen to the old podcasts also. Hope I will be able to catchup.

Muruga Saranam

Thanks and Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 11/2/07, nataraj prakash <natar_77 wrote:

Dear Mr.Meyyappan,I have narrated the origin,history ,story everything in the podcast as well.Please try downloading the link and hear it and let me know.

ThanxNataraj

Dear Mr.Meyyappan,Thanx for the compliments. Actually you are right, the link to mp3 works in real player good, but somehow it throws error on windows media player.I don't know what's causing this issue.it's a normal mp3 . Need to check what's the issue.NatarajS Meyyappan <smeyyappandhandapani Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2007 12:47:02 AMRe: Vaaram Oru Alayam#31-(Arulmigu Nellaiyappar Alayam,Thirunelveli)

Muruga Saranam

Dear Mr. Natraj..

Sorry for the delay in reply. Actually at office I cant access mp3 files over the net and finally at home I was able to hear to them today. The mp3 didnt play due to some error (invalid format) but I was able toplay it online from your blog. It was worthlistening. All these days I was not trying thinking that it is the same what we receive in mails. Actually your blog contains more information and podcast is excellent. It was really worth listening. Thank you very much. Now I need to listen to the old podcasts also. Hope I will be able to catchup.

Muruga Saranam

Thanks and Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 11/2/07, nataraj prakash <natar_77 > wrote:

Dear Mr.Meyyappan,I have narrated the origin,history ,story everything in the podcast as well.Please try downloading the link and hear it and let me know.

ThanxNataraj