IndiaDivine.org

a rare experience

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord

Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Muruga Saanam

Dear Sir..

Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my childhood we have lived near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi), unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come.

Thanks again.

Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara !

May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!!

Muruga Saranam

With BestRegards

Meyyappan S

On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 wrote:

dear friends

recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear).

when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face.

The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description.

we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members.

with best wishes

mani

Murugan statures of Ettukudi, Enkan and Sikkil ( poravacherry a near by site) were sculptured by a same sculptor. Hope all of you know the story. If not I will write it SRajanS Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote: Muruga Saanam Dear Sir.. Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my childhood we have lived

near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi), unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come. Thanks again. Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara ! May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!! Muruga Saranam With BestRegards Meyyappan S On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva.

when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in

Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani . Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Dear friends

I am a new member of this group.

Ettukudi and Enkann are great places for worship.

Enkann is where the legend says the sculptur had built the mulavar with no eyes or thumb. 'Enn Kann aaga vilangiya en devan' kovil.

Thirupugazh padal petra sthalam.

Song starts as 'Sandadam thimirnthanainthu '

I have had many many experiences with the Lord, I owe my daily life to him infact. I am a 34 year old bhaktha of Lord living in US. In 2005, I had a health condition that i could not walk without pain (all leg joints had internal inflamation). I had been to Palani then, at 5 am in the morning, I was very very scared of climbing the mountain and was thinking of taking the tram or rope car. When I reached the Ganapathi, I had a feeling that I must climb despite my killing pain. So I started chanting Skanda guru kavacham followed by sasthi kavacham and started the ascend, in 15 min, I was up the hill with no pain whatso ever and was the first in my group to reach there.

Thats when I realized the true meaning of the thiru murugaatru padai seyyul, "Ainthu mugam thondrin aaru mugam thondrum, venchamaril anjal ena vel thondrum, nenjil oru kaal ninaikkin, iru kaalum thondrum, murugaa endru othuvor mun".

Today, the lord has given me my life back and in His service, I am learning and singing thirupugazh and visiting all sthalams of the Lord, when I visit India.

I can write about remote temples of the Lord. In my next email, I will write about how the Muruga at Lanham temple Maryland saved all his devotees at the temple once.

Om Saravanabhava.

Ravi

S Meyyappan <smeyyappandhandapani Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:18:06 AMRe: a rare experience

Muruga Saanam

Dear Sir..

Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my childhood we have lived near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi) , unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come.

Thanks again.

Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara !

May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!!

Muruga Saranam

With BestRegards

Meyyappan S

On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 > wrote:

dear friends

recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in

front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face.

The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description.

we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members.

with best wishes

mani

Muruga Saranam

Dear Sir,

Please write the story. I am sure there will be some who do not know the story.

Muruga Saranam

With Best RegardsMeyyappan S

On 11/29/07, Sundara Rajan <yesyesrin wrote:

Murugan statures of Ettukudi, Enkan and Sikkil ( poravacherry a near by site) were sculptured by a same sculptor. Hope all of you know the story. If not I will write it

SRajan

Dear Viji Mani Thanks for that crystal clear description! I could exactly experience what you were going thru! You are blessed. The Shivan temple in Tiruvannamalai is also reputed for such experiences. It is said that Lord Shiva manifests as each of the Five Elements at five sacred spots in India. At Tiruvannamalai, he is the Fire Element. So when you enter the Sannidhi, you really perspire profusely. I was there in May 2007 and experienced it myself. Can anybody tell me the list of the 5 locations? I understand Chidambaram is where Lord Shiva manifests as Space. Thank you and keep writing! Patriciaviji mani <vijimani43 wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire

chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I do not know the story. Please narrate it to me. Thanks in advance PatriciaSundara Rajan <yesyesrin wrote: Murugan statures of Ettukudi, Enkan and Sikkil ( poravacherry a near by site) were sculptured by a same sculptor. Hope all of you know the story. If not I will write it SRajanS Meyyappan <smeyyappan > wrote: Muruga Saanam Dear Sir.. Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my childhood we have lived near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi), unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come. Thanks again. Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara ! May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!! Muruga Saranam With BestRegards Meyyappan S On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by

priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani . Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

I had posted this on this site in July of this year Muruga Saranam: Mr. Nataraj thank you for bringing up Ettkudi. It is our family deity (kula deivam) and while I have visited the temple in the past, I am waiting for an opportunity to do so again. I am saddened by the state of the temple from these accounts and would like to help in a positive way. Some facts about the temple 1) The head of the peacock in all Murugan temples is seen facing the right side. However, in Ettukkudi, it is seen facing the left. This fact is also mentioned in the Kandapuranam. (http://www.chennaio nline.com/ toursntravel/ placesofworship/ ettukudi. asp) 2) This temple is linked closely with Sikkal and Ennkann through the legend that the images of Skanda in all three of these shrines were made by the same sculptor.http://www.indiante mples.com/ Tamilnadu/ m031.html 3) The story

is as follows: The sculptor who made the Subramanyar image of Sikkal was awe struck by its quality that he vowed that no other such image should be made, and cut off his right thumb. He was then prompted by Subramanyar in a dream, to fashion another image for the shrine at Ettukkudi. He followed the instructions in his dream, and when the image was complete, blinded himself so that he could not create images any more. Another dream prompted him to create a third image of Skanda mounted on a peacock with the aid of a woman, when his chisel inflicted injury upon her; the blood that gushed forth splashed over his eyes, and in a flash he recovered his eyesight miraculously, and in a spate of poetry revered Skanda. The first phrase that he uttered upon recovering his eyesight was

'En Kann' - hence the name of the temple. 4) The temple is sung in the famous song (ettukkudi vElanukku), I believe it is a film song. The lyrics can be obtained from http://www.kaumaram .com/new_ lyrics/shobana/ ms_ettukkudi_ e.html Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote: I do not know the story. Please narrate it to me. Thanks in advance PatriciaSundara Rajan <yesyesrin (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: Murugan statures of Ettukudi, Enkan and Sikkil ( poravacherry a near by site) were sculptured by a same sculptor. Hope all of you know the story. If not I will write it SRajanS Meyyappan <smeyyappan > wrote: Muruga Saanam Dear Sir.. Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my

childhood we have lived near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi), unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come. Thanks again. Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara ! May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!! Muruga Saranam With BestRegards Meyyappan S On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva

nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan

took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani . Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Muruga saranam, Dear Mr.Rajan, Please write the story. Regards Namasivayam.CSundara Rajan <yesyesrin wrote: Murugan statures of Ettukudi, Enkan and Sikkil ( poravacherry a near by site) were sculptured by a same sculptor. Hope all of you know the story. If not I will write it SRajanS Meyyappan

<smeyyappan > wrote: Muruga Saanam Dear Sir.. Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my childhood we have lived near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi), unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come. Thanks again. Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara ! May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!! Muruga Saranam With BestRegards Meyyappan S On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as

warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this

dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani . Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

Muruga Saranam, Dear Mr.Ravi, I was really moved by reading your experience. Lord Muruga really helps immediately when we pray to him sincerely. Even I have experinced this in my life. The thirumurugatrupadai seyyul which you have quoted is very powerful. Please keep writing. Regards Namasivayam.Cravi venu <ravi_eds wrote: Dear friends I am a new member of this group. Ettukudi and Enkann are great places for worship. Enkann is where the legend says the sculptur had built the mulavar with no eyes or thumb. 'Enn Kann aaga vilangiya en devan' kovil. Thirupugazh padal petra sthalam. Song starts as 'Sandadam thimirnthanainthu ' I have had many many experiences with the Lord, I owe my daily life to him infact. I am a 34 year old bhaktha of Lord living in US. In 2005, I had a health condition that i could not walk without pain (all leg joints had internal inflamation). I had been to Palani then, at 5 am in the morning, I was very very scared of climbing the mountain and was thinking of taking the tram or rope car. When I reached the Ganapathi, I had a feeling that I must climb despite my killing pain. So I started chanting Skanda guru kavacham followed by sasthi

kavacham and started the ascend, in 15 min, I was up the hill with no pain whatso ever and was the first in my group to reach there. Thats when I realized the true meaning of the thiru murugaatru padai seyyul, "Ainthu mugam thondrin aaru mugam thondrum, venchamaril anjal ena vel thondrum, nenjil oru kaal ninaikkin, iru kaalum thondrum, murugaa endru othuvor mun". Today, the lord has given me my life back and in His service, I am learning and singing thirupugazh and visiting all sthalams of the Lord, when I visit India. I can write about remote temples of the Lord. In my next email, I will write about how the Muruga at Lanham temple Maryland saved all his devotees at the temple once. Om Saravanabhava. Ravi S Meyyappan <smeyyappan >dhandapani Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:18:06 AMRe: a rare experience Muruga Saanam Dear Sir.. Thank you for sharing that wonderful event. Though we could not visit as and when we want, such descriptions take us there for a while and bring back. Though during my childhood we have lived near Tiruvarur (Mannargudi) , unfortunately I have not visited Ettukudi or Sikkal. I dont know when that day will come. Thanks again. Sikkal Singara Velanukku Arohara ! May All Glories be to the Beautiful Lord of Sikkal !!! Muruga Saranam With BestRegards Meyyappan S On 11/29/07, viji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by

priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani .

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

Muruga Saranam, Dear Ms.patricia, The list of five locations: Kanchipuram - Earth Thiruvannamalai - Fire Thiruvanaikaval - Water Sri Kalahasthi - Air Chidambaram - Space List Of Pancha Sabai (five sabha) Thiruvalangadu - Rathnasabai Chidambaram - Kanakasabai Madurai - Velliambalam (ambalam-sabai) - silver Thirunelveli - Thamirasabai - copper Thirukutralam - Chithira sabai - art Regards Namasivayam.CPatricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote: Dear Viji Mani Thanks for that crystal clear description! I could exactly experience what you were going thru! You are blessed. The Shivan temple in Tiruvannamalai is also reputed for such experiences. It is said that Lord Shiva manifests as each of the Five Elements at five sacred spots in India. At Tiruvannamalai, he is the Fire Element. So when you enter the Sannidhi, you really perspire profusely. I was there in May 2007 and experienced it myself. Can anybody tell me the list of the 5 locations? I understand Chidambaram is where Lord Shiva manifests as Space. Thank you and keep

writing! Patriciaviji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the

temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL. VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular

abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

Muruga Saranam

Dear Mr. Namasivayam..

Thank you for that information.

Mor information can be obtained from

http://www.shaivam.org/siddhanta/spg.htm

More groupings than these two are also explained here.

Muruga Saanam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 11/30/07, Namasivayam C. <namasivayam_c wrote:

Muruga Saranam,

Dear Ms.patricia,

The list of five locations:

Kanchipuram - Earth

Thiruvannamalai - Fire

Thiruvanaikaval - Water

Sri Kalahasthi - Air

Chidambaram - Space

List Of Pancha Sabai (five sabha)

Thiruvalangadu - Rathnasabai

Chidambaram - Kanakasabai

Madurai - Velliambalam (ambalam-sabai) - silver

Thirunelveli - Thamirasabai - copper

Thirukutralam - Chithira sabai - art

Regards

Namasivayam.C

Dear Mr Namasivayam Thank you for the information. I very much appreciate it. Patricia"Namasivayam C." <namasivayam_c wrote: Muruga Saranam, Dear Ms.patricia, The list of five locations: Kanchipuram - Earth Thiruvannamalai - Fire Thiruvanaikaval - Water Sri Kalahasthi - Air Chidambaram - Space List Of

Pancha Sabai (five sabha) Thiruvalangadu - Rathnasabai Chidambaram - Kanakasabai Madurai - Velliambalam (ambalam-sabai) - silver Thirunelveli - Thamirasabai - copper Thirukutralam - Chithira sabai - art Regards Namasivayam.CPatricia Jay <patriciajay2000 > wrote: Dear Viji Mani Thanks for that crystal clear description! I could exactly experience what you were going thru! You are blessed. The Shivan temple in Tiruvannamalai is also reputed for such experiences. It is said that Lord Shiva manifests as each of the Five Elements at five sacred spots in India. At Tiruvannamalai, he is the Fire

Element. So when you enter the Sannidhi, you really perspire profusely. I was there in May 2007 and experienced it myself. Can anybody tell me the list of the 5 locations? I understand Chidambaram is where Lord Shiva manifests as Space. Thank you and keep writing! Patriciaviji mani <vijimani43 > wrote: dear friends recently, i and my wife went to Kerala and and on our way back came to 'THIRUVARUR' near Tanjore. we wanted to see this famous temple where all the four shiva nayanmars have worshiped lord Shiva. when we reached the place, we were told about a beautiful Murugan temple near by, in a small place called SIKKAL. it is about 15kms from Thiruvarur on Thiruvarur - nagapattanm high way. the temple is

small, but eye catching. the day we went was prior to 'Sashty' .(the day when our lord Murugan vanquishes the evil forces with his famous VAL ,spear). when we reached the temple, we found that all the sannathis ware closed and a large crowd was waiting expectantly. we also joined them. soon people dressed as warriors came running carrying ancient weapons. they were followed by our lord Murugan carried on a palanquin by priests. the drums and bugles were sounding battle cry and the atmosphere was charged with devotion. Murugan stood in front of amman sannathi and in a jiffy, the door of amman sannadhi opened and a priest dressed in red Saree came running out . he was carrying the VAL. the priest carrying Murugan took it from his hand and fixed it in Murugan 's hand while everyone was chanting 'VETRI VAL.

VEERA VAL' (victory spear, valour spear'). then murugan was whisked away into his abode and the doors were closed immediately. we were told that the entire chamber will become hot and sweat drops will pour out of Murugan's face. The door of Murugan's Chambers were opened only after a few hours and then regular abishegams and pooja etc were performed. he is called 'Singara velan' and is beautiful beyond description. we felt thrilled with this dahrshan and want to share with all Dhandapani group members. with best wishes mani Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.