kaivaay kathirvEl murugan kazhal peRR,

uyvaay mananE ozhivaay ozhivaay

meyvaay vizhi naasiyodum seviyaam,

aivaay vazhi sellum avaavinaiyE. 14

Meaning:

Murugan with Vel radiant in hand — His Feet obtain

And be saved, O mind! Give up, give up soon

The desires that course through the senses four and one:

The body, mouth, eyes, nose, and ear, in addition.

" O Mind! Give up, give up the desires that project themselves

through the five sense-organs of body (skin), mouth, eyes, nose, and

ears (for the enjoyment of objects of the world); Obtain the Lotus-

Feet of Lord Murugan with the radiant Vel in His hand, and be saved

(attain salvation). "

Detailed Commentary:

Desires — the greatest obstacle in attaining Anubhuthi

Desires, says Arunagirinathar, stand in the way of our attaining

Anubhuthi (spiritual experience). They dissipate one's personality

in various directions and destroy one's peace and happiness. Desire

is the greatest obstacle in the path to liberation. Hence, the

exhortation to the mind to give up desires. The necessity for it is

so much that Arunagirinathar repeats it twice, saying, " Give up, O

mind! Give up desires that project themselves through the senses. "

Why desire is an obstacle?

The reason why desires are obstacles and are to be given up is given

so impliedly in the verse that it is likely to go unnoticed. Desires

activate and agitate the senses, project themselves through the

sense, and thus, externalize the consciousness. This is the bane of

spiritual seeking.

The tendency of desires to externalize the inner personality (the

Consciousness) to have contact with the world outside and thus, not

allow it to rest in itself is the cause of our unhappiness. The

resting of Consciousness, they say, in itself is true happiness, a

glimpse of which is experienced, though negatively, by everyone,

daily, in deep sleep.

more in....skandagurunatha website

Courtesy

www.skandagurunatha.org

Guest guest

Does anyone have a very powerful mantra for invoking lord skanda. When

I listen to the hanuman chalisa I get ahuge spiritual boost and

longing to be with god as if this is the vehicle driving my soul to

moksha. Skanda is my Ishtar debate and i know it to be true.

Raja Gursahani

Cell 559.474.8576

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Dear Mr Gursahani Hanuman Chalisa is in the Hindustani language, and Hindi-speaking people can understand it. Yes, it is a very spirit infusing chant. 2. In the case of Lord Murugan, most of his mantras and praises are in the Tamil language. So if you understand Tamil (not necessarily speaking proficiency), I recommend you listen to Skanda Sashthi Kavacham. It is a verbal "Kavach" (protective armour) which prays to Lord Murugan to protect each part of the human body. The chanting, the beautiful rhythm and the perfectly structured lines always touch me spiritually,

and I can even feel changes in my internal physical chemistry whenever I hear it. 3. This is my recommendation, and I'm sharing my experience with you. If any group member has got other suggestions, you can benefit from them also. Patricia Raja Gursahani <rajagursahani wrote: Does anyone have a very powerful mantra for invoking lord skanda. When I listen to the hanuman chalisa I get ahuge spiritual boost and longing to be with god as if this is the vehicle driving my soul to moksha. Skanda is my Ishtar debate and i know it to be true._____________________________Raja GursahaniCell 559.474.8576Sent from my iPhone

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Dear Gursahani,

I think any sloga of Skanda, if practiced repeatedly with full faith

magic will occur or at least we can feel the presence of Skanda.

The word, “Muruga” itself is very powerful. If we say/chant

the word with full realization and faith, we can surely feel the Child God,

Murugan.

I can recall a song ThiruMurugaatru padai,

Anjumugam Thondril Arumugam Thondrum,

Venjumarel Anjel Ena Vel Thondrum,

Nenjil Orukal Ninaikil Irukalum Thondrum,

MURUGA endru othuvar mun.

Rgds, G. Alagappan

dhandapani

[dhandapani ] On Behalf

Of Raja Gursahani

Monday, March 10, 2008 1:01

AM

dhandapani

Re:Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 14

Does anyone have a very powerful mantra for invoking

lord skanda. When

I listen to the hanuman chalisa I get ahuge spiritual boost and

longing to be with god as if this is the vehicle driving my soul to

moksha. Skanda is my Ishtar debate and i know it to be true.

Raja Gursahani

Cell 559.474.8576

Sent from my iPhone

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1319 - Release 3/8/2008 10:14 AM

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1319 - Release 3/8/2008 10:14 AM

Guest guest

Muruga Saranam

Dear Mr. Alagappan..

Very well said. He appears in front of those who think of Him and I was touched by the song mentioned by you when I heard for the first time as it assured me that my understanding was correct and it was not my assumtion due to my attachment to Lord Muruga.

As said by Patricia Madam, Kanda Shashti Kavasam is most powerful for protecting our body and in addition to that one can recite Shanmukha Kavasam by Pamban Swamigal which has verses to protect body parts from disseases and troubles coming from other creatures or events. For the spiritual health you can the recite the above two as well as Skanda Guru Kavasam. I admire Hanuman vey much and greatly inspired by his bhakthi to Lord Rama. Lord Rama is always in his heart. I always wish that one should rise to such level in Bhakthi with Lord Muruga. For that we need the grace of Lord Muruga.

May All Glories be to our Eternal Guru, Skandagurunatha !!!

Vetrivel Muruganukku Arohara !!!

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 3/12/08, #ALAGAPPAN A/L GANDHI# <alag0001 wrote:

Dear Gursahani,

I think any sloga of Skanda, if practiced repeatedly with full faith magic will occur or at least we can feel the presence of Skanda.

The word, "Muruga" itself is very powerful. If we say/chant the word with full realization and faith, we can surely feel the Child God, Murugan.

I can recall a song ThiruMurugaatru padai,

Anjumugam Thondril Arumugam Thondrum,

Venjumarel Anjel Ena Vel Thondrum,

Nenjil Orukal Ninaikil Irukalum Thondrum,

MURUGA endru othuvar mun.

Rgds, G. Alagappan

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Meyyappan S, OM SARAVANABAVA OM, I am glad to know that you are muruganbhakan, you know his arul, bhakti etc. At my present place we have a murugan temple but it is not much more devoloped here. And here in murugan festival as specially thaipusam, there is no kavadi, piercing , palkudam etc. nothing happining here. Most of people don't has idea of murugan , what his power, arul , bhakti. No devotees are coming here in this temple. One day i have seen the on internet the thaipusam festival clip of malaysia batu caves. i wonder after seeing the kavadies, piercing etc. Because i have never seen like this in my life. i have hear abt this but not seen live, from childhood i m settled in gujarat near junagadh (dist) somnath temple veraval. After seeing this i feel bad my self internally i cry why here is not happening for our lord

murugappan , he is alone with devotee, kavadies, piercing who will offer him. from that day i determine that i will make my lord muruganappan popular , whole people will know that his arul bhakti. And i will organize the thaipusam festival here for my alone muruganappan, i will start this custom of muruganappan here. i taken vow to my murugan i will fullfill with ur grace. when i start this first thaipusam in your temple if any devotee penance to take kavadis or piericing otherwise if nobody here to take this kavadies, piercing. But i will take kavadies , piercing for you to start this festival. so after seeing the other devotees get inspiration next time they will also take this. Why i m saying this to you all, i need help from your side . i want suggestion, guidance for this. i request you all true murugan bhaktan , who believe in murugan they will help me in this regards. ofcourse my lord will help me in this regards, he is always

with me. sure he will show me the way , i have also trust on you all that you will help me in this regard. This is my request pls take serious in this regard & reply me as soon as possible. this in for my personal , this is for our murugan apppan. thanks / best regards murugan saranam, saravanabava saranam, muruganbhaktan c.balasubramaniam 9228773384. S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote: Muruga Saranam Dear Mr. Alagappan.. Very well said. He appears in front of those who think of Him and I was touched by the song mentioned by you when I heard for the first time as it assured me that my understanding was correct and it was not my assumtion due to my attachment to Lord Muruga. As said by Patricia Madam, Kanda Shashti Kavasam is most powerful for protecting our body and in addition to that one can recite Shanmukha Kavasam by Pamban Swamigal which has verses to protect body parts from disseases and troubles coming from other creatures or events. For the spiritual health you can the recite the above two as well as Skanda Guru Kavasam. I admire Hanuman vey much and greatly inspired by his bhakthi to Lord Rama. Lord Rama is always in his heart. I always wish that one should rise to such

level in Bhakthi with Lord Muruga. For that we need the grace of Lord Muruga. May All Glories be to our Eternal Guru, Skandagurunatha !!! Vetrivel Muruganukku Arohara !!! Muruga Saranam With Best Regards Meyyappan S On 3/12/08, #ALAGAPPAN A/L GANDHI# <alag0001 (AT) ntu (DOT) edu.sg> wrote: Dear Gursahani, I think any sloga of Skanda, if practiced repeatedly with full faith magic will occur or at least we can feel the presence of Skanda. The word, "Muruga" itself is very powerful. If we say/chant the word with full realization and faith, we can surely feel the Child God, Murugan. I can recall a song ThiruMurugaatru padai, Anjumugam Thondril Arumugam Thondrum, Venjumarel Anjel Ena Vel Thondrum, Nenjil Orukal Ninaikil Irukalum Thondrum, MURUGA

endru othuvar mun. Rgds, G. Alagappan .

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Your sentiments for Murugan are very touching! I'm sure Murugan will reply to you! But please tell us, how did your temple in Junagadh come to exist? You say there are no devotees. Then who built the temple? Who is running the temple? Patriciabala subramaniam <balasu_8 wrote: Dear Mr. Meyyappan S, OM SARAVANABAVA OM, I am glad to know that you are

muruganbhakan, you know his arul, bhakti etc. At my present place we have a murugan temple but it is not much more devoloped here. And here in murugan festival as specially thaipusam, there is no kavadi, piercing , palkudam etc. nothing happining here. Most of people don't has idea of murugan , what his power, arul , bhakti. No devotees are coming here in this temple. One day i have seen the on internet the thaipusam festival clip of malaysia batu caves. i wonder after seeing the kavadies, piercing etc. Because i have never seen like this in my life. i have hear abt this but not seen live, from childhood i m settled in gujarat near junagadh (dist) somnath temple veraval. After seeing this i feel bad my self internally i cry why here is not happening for our lord murugappan , he is alone with devotee, kavadies, piercing who will offer him. from that day i determine that i will make my lord muruganappan

popular , whole people will know that his arul bhakti. And i will organize the thaipusam festival here for my alone muruganappan, i will start this custom of muruganappan here. i taken vow to my murugan i will fullfill with ur grace. when i start this first thaipusam in your temple if any devotee penance to take kavadis or piericing otherwise if nobody here to take this kavadies, piercing. But i will take kavadies , piercing for you to start this festival. so after seeing the other devotees get inspiration next time they will also take this. Why i m saying this to you all, i need help from your side . i want suggestion, guidance for this. i request you all true murugan bhaktan , who believe in murugan they will help me in this regards. ofcourse my lord will help me in this regards, he is always with me. sure he will show me the way , i have also trust on you all that you will help me in this regard. This

is my request pls take serious in this regard & reply me as soon as possible. this in for my personal , this is for our murugan apppan. thanks / best regards murugan saranam, saravanabava saranam, muruganbhaktan c.balasubramaniam 9228773384. S Meyyappan <smeyyappan > wrote: Muruga Saranam Dear Mr. Alagappan.. Very well said. He appears in front of those who think of Him and I was touched by the song mentioned by you when I heard for the first time as it assured me that my understanding was correct and it was not my assumtion due to my attachment to Lord Muruga. As said by Patricia

Madam, Kanda Shashti Kavasam is most powerful for protecting our body and in addition to that one can recite Shanmukha Kavasam by Pamban Swamigal which has verses to protect body parts from disseases and troubles coming from other creatures or events. For the spiritual health you can the recite the above two as well as Skanda Guru Kavasam. I admire Hanuman vey much and greatly inspired by his bhakthi to Lord Rama. Lord Rama is always in his heart. I always wish that one should rise to such level in Bhakthi with Lord Muruga. For that we need the grace of Lord Muruga. May All Glories be to our Eternal Guru, Skandagurunatha !!! Vetrivel Muruganukku Arohara !!! Muruga Saranam With Best Regards Meyyappan S On 3/12/08, #ALAGAPPAN A/L GANDHI# <alag0001 (AT) ntu (DOT) edu.sg> wrote: Dear Gursahani, I think any sloga of Skanda, if practiced repeatedly with full faith magic will occur or at least we can feel the presence of Skanda. The word, "Muruga" itself is very powerful. If we say/chant the word with full realization and faith, we can surely feel the Child God, Murugan. I can recall a song ThiruMurugaatru padai, Anjumugam Thondril Arumugam

Thondrum, Venjumarel Anjel Ena Vel Thondrum, Nenjil Orukal Ninaikil Irukalum Thondrum, MURUGA endru othuvar mun. Rgds, G.

Alagappan . Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Hi All

I have been living in bangalore, currently relocated to Hyderabad, I am unable to find a murugan temple in Hyderbad,. Can some one suggest me a murugan temple in Hyderabad please

with rgds

sridhar.v

Guest guest

Muruga Saranam

Dear Mr. Vedagiri..

You have Skandasramam in Secunderabad which is also started by Santhanada Swamigal. I think the autowalas know it as Skandagiri.

Wish you nice time iN Skandagiri.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 3/18/08, vedagiri sridhar <sridhar_vedagiri wrote:

Hi All

I have been living in bangalore, currently relocated to Hyderabad, I am unable to find a murugan temple in Hyderbad,. Can some one suggest me a murugan temple in Hyderabad please

with rgds

sridhar.v

Guest guest

dear Sridhar welcome to Hyderabad. my name is Mani and i live in Hyderabad. there are many Murgan temples in Hyderabad. the famous one is 'Skandagiri' located near secunderabad station (padmarao nagar). another one which is in West maredpally in Secunderabad. we also conduct regular 'Thrupugz classes and bajans. you can contact me on phone no 27842425 for more details. MURUGA SARANAM' WITH BEST WISHES MANIvedagiri sridhar <sridhar_vedagiri wrote: Hi All I have been living in bangalore, currently relocated to Hyderabad, I am unable to find a murugan temple in Hyderbad,. Can some one suggest me a murugan temple in Hyderabad please with rgds sridhar.v Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Dear Meyyappan

Thanks for the quick reply. I will be going there this weekend. Any luck to get the postal address or the nearest landmark.

with luv

sri

S Meyyappan <smeyyappandhandapani Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:15:37 PMRe: Re:Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 14

Muruga Saranam

Dear Mr. Vedagiri..

You have Skandasramam in Secunderabad which is also started by Santhanada Swamigal. I think the autowalas know it as Skandagiri.

Wish you nice time iN Skandagiri.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On 3/18/08, vedagiri sridhar <sridhar_vedagiri@ > wrote:

Hi All

with rgds

sridhar.v

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Hi mani

So glad to hear that there are many murugan temples. when will it be the right time to contact you, I will be on leave this saturday can we meet at some place, I stay in Upparpally.

With luv

Sri

viji mani <vijimani43dhandapani Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:24:38 PMRe: Re:Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 14

dear Sridhar

welcome to Hyderabad.

my name is Mani and i live in Hyderabad.

there are many Murgan temples in Hyderabad. the famous one is 'Skandagiri' located near secunderabad station (padmarao nagar). another one which is in West maredpally in Secunderabad. we also conduct regular 'Thrupugz classes and bajans. you can contact me on phone no 27842425 for more details.

MURUGA SARANAM'

WITH BEST WISHES

MANIvedagiri sridhar <sridhar_vedagiri@ > wrote:

Hi All

with rgds

sridhar.v

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.