IndiaDivine.org

Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 33

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Transliteration:

sinThaakula illodu selvam enum, vinThaadavi enRu vida— peRuvEn manThaakini thanThavarO ThayanE, kanThaa murugaa karuNaakaranE. 33

Meaning:

The mind-distressing family, riches, and gold, From this dense forest, when shall I be freed? O Manthakini-given Incarnation, auspicious and sacred! O Lord Skanda, O Muruga, O Compassion-embodied! "O Lord Skanda! O Muruga! O Embodiment of Compassion! O Boon-incarnation, born of Manthakini! When shall I get freed from this Vindhya-forest like (Samsara of) family and wealth, which cause afflication to the mind?"

Detailed Commentary:

Samsara — like the Vindhya-forest

Samsara is full of pain and suffering. The problems of household life are innumerable. House, wife, children, and wealth are the source of troubles. Yet, they are very attractive and it is easy to get involved in them. They appear to be pleasing and desirable; they look pleasant so long as they are at a distance, so long as they are not obtained. Man struggles hard to have them and he is restless till he possesses them, but the moment they are got, they lose their charm and become sources of vexation and mental agony. The completely rob man of his peace of mind, and make him restless. The sufferings and anxieties of family life, especially in these days, are too well-known to all to be described. Now, having got involved in them, man might want to do away with them, but he cannot. Even if he wants to leave them, they will not leave him. Thus, enmeshed he dies miserably. So agonizing, so inextricable, so vexing, so soring are family and wealth that the Saint compares them to the forests of the Vindhya mountains in Central India. The ever-green Vindhya-forest is charming and attractive. Those who are attracted by its beauty and enter it, forget themselves in enjoying its charm until they get deep into it. But it is so thick that they find it difficult to trace their way out and are finally consumed by wild beasts of the forests. So is this life with wife, children, and wealth. It is attractive but creates problems after problems and drags man into more and more entanglements so that he gets lost in them, and all his time goes away in trying to solve the problems and free himself from entanglements. He is, thus, left with no time or energy to devote himself to God. Home and wealth are the destroyers of mental peace, they are great obstacles to spiritual progress, holds Arunagirinathar.

Caution: Family life is not to be condemned

Though there is nothing wrong with family-life and God can be and has been attained by house-holders, the actual condition in which man generally finds himself is something different. He is tormented form all sides. Arunagirinathar is a practical saint. He can visualize people's condition. He is specially gifted with this rare art of conveying truths as they are — not only of the highest spiritual experiences in a mystical language, but also of the miserable worldly life in striking, vivid terms. Kanthar Anubhuthi being a treatise on "Anubhuthi" (God-experience), the Saint has to tell things as they are — whether pleasing to us or not — which, we have to take in their true spirit.

.....more in skandagurunatha website.

Courtesy: www.skandagurunatha.org

Guest guest

Dear Sir

Very beautiful composition. I enjoyed reading it.

I'm curious about this part about Manthakini. Born of Manthakini? Sounds like a Goddess. But I thought that Murugan was born from the 3rd eye of Lord Shiva?

Patricia--- On Sat, 3/14/09, r_ramasamy <rramasamy wrote:

r_ramasamy <rramasamy Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 33dhandapani Date: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:50 PM

Transliteration:

sinThaakula illodu selvam enum, vinThaadavi enRu vida— peRuvEn manThaakini thanThavarO ThayanE, kanThaa murugaa karuNaakaranE. 33

Meaning:

The mind-distressing family, riches, and gold, From this dense forest, when shall I be freed? O Manthakini-given Incarnation, auspicious and sacred! O Lord Skanda, O Muruga, O Compassion-embodied ! "O Lord Skanda! O Muruga! O Embodiment of Compassion! O Boon-incarnation, born of Manthakini! When shall I get freed from this Vindhya-forest like (Samsara of) family and wealth, which cause afflication to the mind?"

Detailed Commentary:

Samsara is full of pain and suffering. The problems of household life are innumerable. House, wife, children, and wealth are the source of troubles. Yet, they are very attractive and it is easy to get involved in them. They appear to be pleasing and desirable; they look pleasant so long as they are at a distance, so long as they are not obtained. Man struggles hard to have them and he is restless till he possesses them, but the moment they are got, they lose their charm and become sources of vexation and mental agony. The completely rob man of his peace of mind, and make him restless. The sufferings and anxieties of family life, especially in these days, are too well-known to all to be described. Now, having got involved in them, man might want to do away with them, but he cannot. Even if he wants to leave them, they will not leave him. Thus, enmeshed he dies miserably. So agonizing, so inextricable, so vexing, so soring are family and wealth that

the Saint compares them to the forests of the Vindhya mountains in Central India. The ever-green Vindhya-forest is charming and attractive. Those who are attracted by its beauty and enter it, forget themselves in enjoying its charm until they get deep into it. But it is so thick that they find it difficult to trace their way out and are finally consumed by wild beasts of the forests. So is this life with wife, children, and wealth. It is attractive but creates problems after problems and drags man into more and more entanglements so that he gets lost in them, and all his time goes away in trying to solve the problems and free himself from entanglements. He is, thus, left with no time or energy to devote himself to God. Home and wealth are the destroyers of mental peace, they are great obstacles to spiritual progress, holds Arunagirinathar.

Though there is nothing wrong with family-life and God can be and has been attained by house-holders, the actual condition in which man generally finds himself is something different. He is tormented form all sides. Arunagirinathar is a practical saint. He can visualize people's condition. He is specially gifted with this rare art of conveying truths as they are — not only of the highest spiritual experiences in a mystical language, but also of the miserable worldly life in striking, vivid terms. Kanthar Anubhuthi being a treatise on "Anubhuthi" (God-experience) , the Saint has to tell things as they are — whether pleasing to us or not — which, we have to take in their true spirit.

Courtesy: www.skandagurunatha .org

Guest guest

Mandakini, to the best of my knowledge is an epithet of Devi Ganga. Afterall the six flames of Lord Shiva that emanated from Lord Shiva was ushered into the world by Ganga afterall!Thus " He who was given to the world by Mother Ganga ... " .

2009/3/16 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000

Dear Sir

Very beautiful composition.  I enjoyed reading it.

I'm curious about this part about Manthakini.  Born of Manthakini?  Sounds like a Goddess.  But I thought that Murugan was born from the 3rd eye of Lord Shiva?

r_ramasamy <rramasamy Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 33dhandapani

Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:50 PM

Transliteration:

Meaning:

The mind-distressing family, riches, and gold, From this dense forest, when shall I be freed? O Manthakini-given Incarnation, auspicious and sacred! O Lord Skanda, O Muruga, O Compassion-embodied !

" O Lord Skanda! O Muruga! O Embodiment of Compassion! O Boon-incarnation, born of Manthakini! When shall I get freed from this Vindhya-forest like (Samsara of) family and wealth, which cause afflication to the mind? "

Detailed Commentary:

Samsara is full of pain and suffering. The problems of household life are innumerable. House, wife, children, and wealth are the source of troubles. Yet, they are very attractive and it is easy to get involved in them. They appear to be pleasing and desirable; they look pleasant so long as they are at a distance, so long as they are not obtained. Man struggles hard to have them and he is restless till he possesses them, but the moment they are got, they lose their charm and become sources of vexation and mental agony. The completely rob man of his peace of mind, and make him restless. The sufferings and anxieties of family life, especially in these days, are too well-known to all to be described. Now, having got involved in them, man might want to do away with them, but he cannot. Even if he wants to leave them, they will not leave him. Thus, enmeshed he dies miserably. So agonizing, so inextricable, so vexing, so soring are family and wealth that

the Saint compares them to the forests of the Vindhya mountains in Central India. The ever-green Vindhya-forest is charming and attractive. Those who are attracted by its beauty and enter it, forget themselves in enjoying its charm until they get deep into it. But it is so thick that they find it difficult to trace their way out and are finally consumed by wild beasts of the forests. So is this life with wife, children, and wealth. It is attractive but creates problems after problems and drags man into more and more entanglements so that he gets lost in them, and all his time goes away in trying to solve the problems and free himself from entanglements. He is, thus, left with no time or energy to devote himself to God. Home and wealth are the destroyers of mental peace, they are great obstacles to spiritual progress, holds Arunagirinathar.

Though there is nothing wrong with family-life and God can be and has been attained by house-holders, the actual condition in which man generally finds himself is something different. He is tormented form all sides. Arunagirinathar is a practical saint. He can visualize people's condition. He is specially gifted with this rare art of conveying truths as they are — not only of the highest spiritual experiences in a mystical language, but also of the miserable worldly life in striking, vivid terms. Kanthar Anubhuthi being a treatise on " Anubhuthi " (God-experience) , the Saint has to tell things as they are — whether pleasing to us or not — which, we have to take in their true spirit.

-- Regards.|| திரà¯à®šà¯à®šà®¿à®±à¯à®±à®®à¯à®ªà®²à®®à¯ ||

Guest guest

Please excuse the my losse writing - I just read it to find many mistakes - wrote it will dozing off !2009/3/16 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000

Dear Sir

Very beautiful composition.  I enjoyed reading it.

I'm curious about this part about Manthakini.  Born of Manthakini?  Sounds like a Goddess.  But I thought that Murugan was born from the 3rd eye of Lord Shiva?

r_ramasamy <rramasamy Kanthar Anubhuthi - verse 33dhandapani

Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:50 PM

Transliteration:

Meaning:

The mind-distressing family, riches, and gold, From this dense forest, when shall I be freed? O Manthakini-given Incarnation, auspicious and sacred! O Lord Skanda, O Muruga, O Compassion-embodied !

" O Lord Skanda! O Muruga! O Embodiment of Compassion! O Boon-incarnation, born of Manthakini! When shall I get freed from this Vindhya-forest like (Samsara of) family and wealth, which cause afflication to the mind? "

Detailed Commentary:

Though there is nothing wrong with family-life and God can be and has been attained by house-holders, the actual condition in which man generally finds himself is something different. He is tormented form all sides. Arunagirinathar is a practical saint. He can visualize people's condition. He is specially gifted with this rare art of conveying truths as they are — not only of the highest spiritual experiences in a mystical language, but also of the miserable worldly life in striking, vivid terms. Kanthar Anubhuthi being a treatise on " Anubhuthi " (God-experience) , the Saint has to tell things as they are — whether pleasing to us or not — which, we have to take in their true spirit.

-- Regards.|| திரà¯à®šà¯à®šà®¿à®±à¯à®±à®®à¯à®ªà®²à®®à¯ ||