IndiaDivine.org

No messages from our group members :(

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that.

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.

A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so, why? Can any members enlighten here?

Patricia--- On Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale wrote:

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.

what is MHO ?Regards,R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa ÅšarmÄ|| Tiruchitrambalam ||

2009/9/9 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000

Haha, yes its been very quiet.  Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that. 

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high!  And that's a happy thing.

A question here:  is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan?  If so, why?  Can any members enlighten here?

Patricia--- On Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale wrote:

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.

In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is. How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages). There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius). Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed. Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus. In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod. (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury). I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis. This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment. Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus. I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia. I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here. There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org: "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial." (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little). BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome. He is also the God of thieves. Westerners have a hard time understanding that. But

in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here Yogendra

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website --- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that.

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.

A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so, why? Can any members enlighten here?

Patricia--- On Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> wrote:

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.

2 of 2 Photo(s)

Muruga Saranam

Tuesday is the day specially associated with Lord Muruga (I don't know why) and Tuesday is the day representing Mars. That is the only connection I have known. Monday is special for Lord Siva and Saturday for Lord Vishnu. The seven days of the week and their respective planets are Sunday - Sun, Monday - Moon, Tuesday - Mars, Wednesday - Mercury, Thursday - Jupiter, Friday - Venus, Saturday - Saturn. All the seven represent seven of the nine navagrahas as all know, the other two being Rahu - acsending lunar node and Ketu - descending lunar node.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Thank you very much Yogendra.  And pl do not apologise for long replies.  Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Patricia--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Stinger <stinger9oh wrote:

Stinger <stinger9ohRe: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]

dhandapani Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is.  How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages).  There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius).  Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed.  Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus.  In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod.  (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury).  I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis.  This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment.  Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus.  I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia.  I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here.  There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled " Murugan Mercury " and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  " The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "   (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva Nayanar

English translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding that.  But in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here   Yogendra

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

Haha, yes its been very quiet.  Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that. 

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high!  And that's a happy thing.

A question here:  is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan?  If so, why?  Can any members enlighten here?

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.

In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.

Muruga Saranam

Some more information on association of days with Gods (taken from Wikipedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navagraha#Associated_characters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:15 AM, S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote:

Muruga Saranam

Tuesday is the day specially associated with Lord Muruga (I don't know why) and Tuesday is the day representing Mars. That is the only connection I have known. Monday is special for Lord Siva and Saturday for Lord Vishnu. The seven days of the week and their respective planets are Sunday - Sun, Monday - Moon, Tuesday - Mars, Wednesday - Mercury, Thursday - Jupiter, Friday - Venus, Saturday - Saturn. All the seven represent seven of the nine navagrahas as all know, the other two being Rahu - acsending lunar node and Ketu - descending lunar node.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:

Thank you very much Yogendra.  And pl do not apologise for long replies.  Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Patricia--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Stinger <stinger9oh wrote:

Stinger <stinger9ohRe: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]

dhandapani Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is.  How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages).  There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius).  Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed.  Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus.  In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod.  (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury).  I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis.  This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment.  Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus.  I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia.  I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here.  There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled " Murugan Mercury " and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  " The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "   (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva Nayanar

English translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding that.  But in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here   Yogendra

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Dear All,

I am a silent member of this group for along time. Enjoyed reading quitely.

I read the relation between Load Murugan and Mars somewhwere. Totally forgotten about the source, propably by an email.

Kantha puraanam says Lord Murugan mobilised his forces from Thiruchchenthur to Kathirkamam (Sri Lanka's Sothern most point) to fight the war with Suuran. Surasamkaram is related to creation of Mars. Earth split into mars and earth (Cock and Peacock) in this war. The earth was hit by a huge meteorite and the peace of the earth separated became mars and move along a different orbit. Since the Kathirkamam is located right bottom of Sri Lanka and the indian ocean spread right below might have been created by this split. Now the scientific findings also proves that earth and Mars have similarities.

Hope I am not makings things confusing.

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, S Meyyappan <smeyyappan wrote:

S Meyyappan <smeyyappanRe: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 11:15 AM

Muruga Saranam

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Thank you very much Yogendra. And pl do not apologise for long replies. Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Patricia--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Stinger <stinger9oh > wrote:

Stinger <stinger9oh >Re: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is. How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages). There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius). Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed. Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus. In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod. (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury). I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis. This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment. Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus. I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia. I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here. There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org: "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. " (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little). BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome. He is also the God of thieves. Westerners have a hard time understanding that. But

in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here Yogendra

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website --- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga saranam.

Dear siva sir,

This MHO is Mumbai hang out. Its a famous sir. :)

Thanks/Regards,

Anand.

dhandapani , R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa Å›armÄ

<arunagirinathar wrote:

>

> what is MHO ?

> Regards,

> R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa ÅšarmÄ

>

> || Tiruchitrambalam ||

>

>

> 2009/9/9 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000

>

> >

> >

> > Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling

> > like that.

> >

> > But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the *Quality*of

messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.

> >

> > A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so,

> > why? Can any members enlighten here?

> >

> > Patricia

> >

> > --- On *Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale* wrote:

> >

> >

> > samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale

> > No messages from our group members :(

> > dhandapani

> > Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

> >

> > Muruga Saranam.

> >

> > Dear group members,

> >

> > For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members.

> > Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this

> > group. It will give knowledge to all.

> >

> > In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in

> > an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age

> > people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some

> > actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

> >

> > I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.

> >

> > Thanks/Regards,

> > Anand Gokhale.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently I am at delhi.Murgan Help youL.P. Bhatt--- On Thu, 10/9/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale wrote:samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Thursday, 10 September, 2009, 5:19 PM

Muruga saranam.

Dear siva sir,

This MHO is Mumbai hang out. Its a famous sir. :)

Thanks/Regards,

Anand.

dhandapani@gro ups.com, R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa Å›armÄ <arunagirinathar@ ...> wrote:

>

> what is MHO ?

> Regards,

> R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa ÅšarmÄ

>

> || Tiruchitrambalam ||

>

>

> 2009/9/9 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ ...>

>

> >

> >

> > Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling

> > like that.

> >

> > But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the *Quality*of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.

> >

> > A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so,

> > why? Can any members enlighten here?

> >

> > Patricia

> >

> > --- On *Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ ...>* wrote:

> >

> >

> > samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ ...>

> > No messages from our group members :(

> > dhandapani@gro ups.com

> > Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

> >

> > Muruga Saranam.

> >

> > Dear group members,

> >

> > For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members.

> > Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this

> > group. It will give knowledge to all.

> >

> > In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in

> > an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age

> > people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some

> > actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

> >

> > I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.

> >

> > Thanks/Regards,

> > Anand Gokhale.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently I am at delhi.Murgan Help youL.P. Bhatt--- On Thu, 10/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 wrote:Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Thursday, 10 September, 2009, 5:02 AM

Patricia--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Stinger <stinger9oh > wrote:

Stinger <stinger9oh >Re: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "  (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding that.  But

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website --- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

Dear Bhatt Ji

The only Sanskrit shlok I have heard about Lord Karthik is Subramania Bhujangam. It was composed by Adi Sankaracharya and is very, very powerful. Our very respected group members will have the words (kind attention Mr Sarma?).

Lord Karthik has become a very favourite and most loved deity in South India, especially Tamil Nadu. "Murugan" is the Tamil name for Him, and it mean "The Beautiful One". Lord Karthik is very, very handsome and beautiful.

Best wishes

Patricia--- On Fri, 9/11/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt wrote:

laxmi bhatt <lpbhattRe: Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 12:32 AM

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently I am at delhi.

Murgan Help you

L.P. Bhatt--- On Thu, 10/9/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> wrote:

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, 10 September, 2009, 5:19 PM

Muruga saranam.Dear siva sir,This MHO is Mumbai hang out. Its a famous sir. :)Thanks/Regards,Anand.dhandapani@gro ups.com, R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa Å›armÄ <arunagirinathar@ ...> wrote:>> what is MHO ?> Regards,> R. ÅšivarÄmakṛṣṇa ÅšarmÄ> > || Tiruchitrambalam ||> > > 2009/9/9 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ ...>> > >> >> > Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling> > like that.> >> > But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the *Quality*of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.> >> > A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so,> > why? Can any members enlighten here?> >> >

Patricia> >> > --- On *Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ ...>* wrote:> >> >> > samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ ...>> > No messages from our group members :(> > dhandapani@gro ups.com> > Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM> >> > Muruga Saranam.> >> > Dear group members,> >> > For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members.> > Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this> > group. It will give knowledge to all.> >> > In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in> > an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age> > people like me :) .For that I am requesting our

administrator to take some> > actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.> >> > I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.> >> > Thanks/Regards,> > Anand Gokhale.> >> >> >> > > >>

Dear Bhakta Bhatt-ji,Kaumara bhaktas number in the crores in the South, where Skanda-Murugan is reckoned as the divine patron of Tamil language and literature. Even abroad there are millions of Kaumara devotees. But not often do we hear from Kaumara bhaktas in the North, so surely we are happy to hear from you as you may be to discover us. 

You did not mention whether presently your village in Uttarakhand has Internet computer facility. Even if not, Internet is becoming more and more available in rural areas. Also, more and more stotras and bhajans and other hymns are being made available on the Internet, both as texts and as MP3 audio files. 

Here is a link to the best collection of Sanskrit texts devoted to Lord Karttikeya Skanda:www.sanskritdocuments.org/doc_subrahmanya/doc_subrahmanya.html

On this page you find links to many Sanskrit texts. Here attached are four of them as PDF documents in Devanagari, namely:Skanda UpanishadSkanda Purana chapters 1-25

Karttikeya Skanda stotra on Skanda from the Rudra YamalaSubrahmanyatrishatistotramThere are also some ancient Sanskrit stotras on Karttikeya on www.murugan.org, but these are in Tamil or Roman letters only. These include:

Sri Subrahmanya Ashtottara Sata Nâmavaliwww.murugan.org/texts/names.htmKarttikeya Skanda Stotramwww.murugan.org/texts/skanda_stotram.htm

Your fellow bhaktars would be grateful if you could kindly some day share with us photo images of Lord Kartik worship in Uttarakhand. Digital photos can be attached to e-mail and sent. 

With best wishes,Patrick HarriganeditorOn Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:32 AM, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt wrote:

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently I am at delhi.

Murgan Help youL.P. Bhatt--- On Thu, 10/9/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale wrote:

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani

Thursday, 10 September, 2009, 5:19 PM Muruga saranam.Dear siva sir,This MHO is Mumbai hang out. Its a famous sir. :)

Thanks/Regards,Anand.dhandapani@gro ups.com, R. Sivaramak???a sarma <arunagirinathar@ ...> wrote:

>> what is MHO ?> Regards,> R. Sivaramak???a Sarma> > || Tiruchitrambalam ||> > > 2009/9/9 Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ ...>

> > >> >> > Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling> > like that.> >

> > But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the *Quality*of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.> >> > A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so,

> > why? Can any members enlighten here?> >> > Patricia> >> > --- On *Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ ...>* wrote:

> >> >> > samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ ...>> > No messages from our group members :(> > dhandapani@gro ups.com

> > Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM> >> > Muruga Saranam.> >> > Dear group members,> >> > For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members.

> > Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this> > group. It will give knowledge to all.> >> > In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in

> > an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age> > people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some> > actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

> >> > I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.> >> > Thanks/Regards,> > Anand Gokhale.> >> >

> >> > > >>Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

Messages in this topic (15) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topicMessages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar  Change settings via the Web ( ID required) 

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | UnRECENT ACTIVITYVisit Your Group

Give Back for GoodGet inspiredby a good cause.

4 of 4 File(s)

skandaupanisad.pdf

skandapurana1-25.pdf

subrahmaNyatrishatI.pdf

skanda.pdf