IndiaDivine.org

Murugan devotional songs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

Do you have access to PC for web access and downloading ?

I can give web link reference or send you by mail for downlaoding..

Or alternatively give me your postal address, I will courier a CD containing some

It is a pleasure to answer and help Muruga Devotee

Sundararajan

Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo--- On Fri, 11/9/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt wrote:

laxmi bhatt <lpbhattRe: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani Date: Friday, 11 September, 2009, 11:02 AM

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently I am at delhi.

Murgan Help you

L.P. Bhatt--- On Thu, 10/9/09, Kannan <vthamarai99@ > wrote:

Kannan <vthamarai99@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, 10 September, 2009, 4:14 PM

Dear All,

I am a silent member of this group for along time. Enjoyed reading quitely.

I read the relation between Load Murugan and Mars somewhwere. Totally forgotten about the source, propably by an email.

Kantha puraanam says Lord Murugan mobilised his forces from Thiruchchenthur to Kathirkamam (Sri Lanka's Sothern most point) to fight the war with Suuran. Surasamkaram is related to creation of Mars. Earth split into mars and earth (Cock and Peacock) in this war. The earth was hit by a huge meteorite and the peace of the earth separated became mars and move along a different orbit. Since the Kathirkamam is located right bottom of Sri Lanka and the indian ocean spread right below might have been created by this split. Now the scientific findings also proves that earth and Mars have similarities.

Hope I am not makings things confusing.

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, S Meyyappan <smeyyappan (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

S Meyyappan <smeyyappan (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, September 10, 2009, 11:15 AM

Muruga Saranam

Tuesday is the day specially associated with Lord Muruga (I don't know why) and Tuesday is the day representing Mars. That is the only connection I have known. Monday is special for Lord Siva and Saturday for Lord Vishnu.. The seven days of the week and their respective planets are Sunday - Sun, Monday - Moon, Tuesday - Mars, Wednesday - Mercury, Thursday - Jupiter, Friday - Venus, Saturday - Saturn. All the seven represent seven of the nine navagrahas as all know, the other two being Rahu - acsending lunar node and Ketu - descending lunar node.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Thank you very much Yogendra. And pl do not apologise for long replies. Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Patricia--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Stinger <stinger9oh > wrote:

Stinger <stinger9oh >Re: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is. How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages). There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius). Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed. Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus. In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod. (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury). I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis. This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment. Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus. I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia. I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here. There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org: "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. " (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little). BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome. He is also the God of thieves. Westerners have a hard time understanding that. But

in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here Yogendra

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website --- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that.

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.

A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so, why? Can any members enlighten here?

Patricia--- On Tue, 9/8/09, samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> wrote:

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.

Dear Sundararajan,I would apprecaite if you send the links to our group toocivayanama--- On Fri, 9/11/09, Sundararajan <yesyesrin wrote:Sundararajan <yesyesrinRe: Murugan devotional songsdhandapani , "laxmi bhatt" <lpbhattFriday, September 11, 2009, 5:47 AM

Dear Sir,

I can give web link reference or send you by mail for downlaoding. .

Or alternatively give me your postal address, I will courier a CD containing some

Sundararajan

Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo--- On Fri, 11/9/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt > wrote:

laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comFriday, 11 September, 2009, 11:02 AM

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently I am at delhi.

Murgan Help you

Kannan <vthamarai99@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, 10 September, 2009, 4:14 PM

Dear All,

I read the relation between Load Murugan and Mars somewhwere. Totally forgotten about the source, propably by an email.

Kantha puraanam says Lord Murugan mobilised his forces from Thiruchchenthur to Kathirkamam (Sri Lanka's Sothern most point) to fight the war with Suuran. Surasamkaram is related to creation of Mars. Earth split into mars and earth (Cock and Peacock) in this war. The earth was hit by a huge meteorite and the peace of the earth separated became mars and move along a different orbit. Since the Kathirkamam is located right bottom of Sri Lanka and the indian ocean spread right below might have been created by this split. Now the scientific findings also proves that earth and Mars have similarities.

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

S Meyyappan <smeyyappan (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, September 10, 2009, 11:15 AM

Muruga Saranam

Tuesday is the day specially associated with Lord Muruga (I don't know why) and Tuesday is the day representing Mars. That is the only connection I have known. Monday is special for Lord Siva and Saturday for Lord Vishnu.. The seven days of the week and their respective planets are Sunday - Sun, Monday - Moon, Tuesday - Mars, Wednesday - Mercury, Thursday - Jupiter, Friday - Venus, Saturday - Saturn. All the seven represent seven of the nine navagrahas as all know, the other two being Rahu - acsending lunar node and Ketu - descending lunar node.

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

Thank you very much Yogendra. And pl do not apologise for long replies. Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Stinger <stinger9oh >Re: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is. How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages). There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius). Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed. Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus. In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod. (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury). I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis. This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment. Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus. I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia. I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here. There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org: "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. " (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little). BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome. He is also the God of thieves. Westerners have a hard time understanding

that. But

in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here Yogendra

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website --- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

Haha, yes its been very quiet. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that.

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high! And that's a happy thing.

A question here: is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan? If so, why? Can any members enlighten here?

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in> No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.

I am Arun from chennai >I love LORD MURGA SONGS I read your mail if you like to send mugan songs please send below address B. ARUNKUMAR, 6TH Block, Door No. c-3-c, Mogappair East, Chennai 600037

; --- On Fri, 11/9/09, Sundararajan <yesyesrin wrote:Sundararajan <yesyesrinRe: Murugan devotional songsdhandapani , "laxmi bhatt" <lpbhattFriday, 11 September, 2009, 5:47 AM

Dear Sir,

I can give web link reference or send you by mail for downlaoding. .

Sundararajan

Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo--- On Fri, 11/9/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt > wrote:

laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comFriday, 11 September, 2009, 11:02 AM

Murgan Help you

Dear All,

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

Muruga Saranam

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

Dear Members,

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org: "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. " (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little). BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome. He is also the God of thieves. Westerners have a hard time understanding

that. But

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

Dear Arun If I got Murga song I will send u.Bhatt--- On Sat, 12/9/09, arun arun <arunarun12 wrote:arun arun <arunarun12Re: Murugan devotional songsdhandapani Date: Saturday, 12 September, 2009, 4:10 PM

I  am  Arun  from  chennai  >I love  LORD MURGA  SONGS   I   read  your  mail  if  you  like  to  send  mugan songs  please  send  below  address           B. ARUNKUMAR, 6TH Block,  Door  No. c-3-c,  Mogappair  East, Chennai 600037

,                                                                                                                                                                 

;         --- On Fri, 11/9/09, Sundararajan <yesyesrin (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:Sundararajan <yesyesrin (AT) (DOT) co.in>Re: Murugan devotional songsdhandapani@gro ups.com, "laxmi bhatt" <lpbhatt >Friday, 11 September, 2009, 5:47 AM

Dear Sir,

I can give web link reference or send you by mail for downlaoding. .

It is a pleasure  to answer and help Muruga Devotee

Sundararajan

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently  I am at delhi.

Murgan Help you

Dear All,

Kantha puraanam says Lord Murugan mobilised his forces from Thiruchchenthur  to Kathirkamam (Sri Lanka's Sothern most point) to fight the war with Suuran. Surasamkaram is related to creation of Mars. Earth split into mars and earth (Cock and Peacock) in this war. The earth was hit by a huge meteorite and the peace of the earth separated became mars and move along a different orbit. Since the Kathirkamam is located right bottom of Sri Lanka and the indian ocean spread right below might have been created by this split. Now the scientific findings also proves that earth and Mars have similarities.

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

Muruga Saranam

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

Thank you very much Yogendra.  And pl do not apologise for long replies.  Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is.  How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages).  There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius).  Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed.  Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus.  In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod.  (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury).  I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis.  This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment.  Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus.  I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia.  I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here.  There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "  (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding

that.  But

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here   Yogendra

Haha, yes its been very quiet.  Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that. 

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high!  And that's a happy thing.

A question here:  is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan?  If so, why?  Can any members enlighten here?

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Buzz.

From cricket scores to your friends. Try the India Homepage!

Dear Sundararajan I am very thankfull to you If u send me cdMy Postal Address: L.P. BhattG-124, Nauroji Nagar, New Delhi-110 029Mobil : 9968651418--- On Fri, 11/9/09, Sundararajan <yesyesrin wrote:Sundararajan <yesyesrinRe: Murugan devotional songsdhandapani , "laxmi bhatt" <lpbhattFriday, 11 September, 2009, 11:17 AM

Dear Sir,

Sundararajan

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently  I am at delhi.

Murgan Help you

Dear All,

Kantha puraanam says Lord Murugan mobilised his forces from Thiruchchenthur  to Kathirkamam (Sri Lanka's Sothern most point) to fight the war with Suuran. Surasamkaram is related to creation of Mars. Earth split into mars and earth (Cock and Peacock) in this war. The earth was hit by a huge meteorite and the peace of the earth separated became mars and move along a different orbit. Since the Kathirkamam is located right bottom of Sri Lanka and the indian ocean spread right below might have been created by this split. Now the scientific findings also proves that earth and Mars have similarities.

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

Muruga Saranam

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

Thank you very much Yogendra.  And pl do not apologise for long replies.  Knowledgeable people will indeed have many points to convey!

Dear Members,

On a very basic level, since Mars is the Roman God of War he is identified with Lord Muruganas the warrior he sometimes is.  How this related to the planet, I am not sure.

As a Latinist, I have been fascinated by the many cognates between Latin and Tamil, e.g. vetri and victoria, pati and pati (to suffer, exactly the same in both languages).  There is is rare book on this topic that lists hundreds and hundreds of such cognates.

For this reason, I have been interested in the possibility that there is a relationship between Lord Murugan and the Roman God Mercury (Mercurius).  Both are eternally beautiful youths and both are known for speed.  Mercury carries a wand, the caduceus.  In the upper part of the caduceus, two snakes crisscross the rod.  (See pic to which has been added the wings of Mercury).  I have spoken to several people who see a relationship of this symbol to sushumna with the ida and pingala nadis.  This is interesting because many devotees associate Lord Muruga with the kundalini shakti and see the vel as the fully risen shakti, thus a symbol of enlightenment.  Also if you look at the vel of Swaminatha Swami in Swamimalai the outline is similar to the caduceus.  I believe that Lord Senthil Andavar in Thiruchendur has the same-shaped vel.

The caduceus well predates the Romans since it is first seen in ancient Mesopotamia.  I have read a number of posts from the Tamil Araichi that contend that the Tamil and Sumerian languages are related, so there might be an interesting connection here.  There are also some good arguments that the Latin language has its origin in Western Asia.

While writing about this I googled "Murugan Mercury" and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  "The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "  (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva NayanarEnglish translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding that.  But

Sorry to have written so much about this, but a few people have voiced the opinion that we need more postings here   Yogendra

Haha, yes its been very quiet.  Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like that. 

But if we are not in MHO's league for quanity of postings, the Quality of messages in our group is sky high!  And that's a happy thing.

A question here:  is the planet Mars associated with Lord Murugan?  If so, why?  Can any members enlighten here?

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

Hara Haro Hara hara,

You can get the songs from

http://www.raaga.com/channels 

&

COOLGOOSE

All devotional songs.

radhakrishnan

On 9/14/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt wrote:

Dear Sundararajan I am very thankfull to you If u send me cd My Postal Address: 

L.P. Bhatt

G-124, Nauroji Nagar, New Delhi-110 029

Mobil : 9968651418--- On Fri, 11/9/09, Sundararajan <yesyesrin wrote:

Sundararajan <yesyesrin

Re: Murugan devotional songsdhandapani , " laxmi bhatt " <lpbhatt

Friday, 11 September, 2009, 11:17 AM

Dear Sir,

Sundararajan

Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo

--- On Fri, 11/9/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt > wrote: 

laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt >Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.com

Friday, 11 September, 2009, 11:02 AM

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently  I am at delhi. Murgan Help you

Kannan <vthamarai99@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, 10 September, 2009, 4:14 PM

Dear All,

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

S Meyyappan <smeyyappan (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009, 11:15 AM

Muruga Saranam

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

Stinger <stinger9oh >

Re: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]dhandapani@gro ups.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

While writing about this I googled " Murugan Mercury " and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  " The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "   (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva Nayanar

English translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding that.  But in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >

Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in>

No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.

In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.  

Looking for local information? Find it on Local

Dear sundarajan,

I am very thankfull to you, if you send cd to me to my postal address. 

C.Balasubramaniam

H.society No.5, Building No. 4,

" Ustav "  Block No.545, 

Veraval-362265,Gujarat,India

Ph:092767.4765.

I will take copy of this cd & distribute to lord murugan bhaktars, my duty is serving lord murugan

bhaktar & develop lord murugan bhakti in all people. My dream is lord murugan get place in

every bhaktar not in south india but in all india.

So pls send cd to me.

I hope you will take seriously send me the cd.

Thanks

Murugan Saranam

Vetrivel Muruganakku Arohara.

Bala.

On 11/09/2009, bala subramaniam <balvelan wrote:

Dear sir,

My name is balasubramaniam belong to tamilnadu tirunelveli dist but settle in Veraval,Gujarat. Here we have

lord vinayagar & karthikswamy temple.In 2009 i was celebrated first thaipusam festival with grace of lord

Murugan peruman. My ambition is to celebrate to this festival to know local & other tamil know the power, shakti , Arul of lord murugan peruman. Here Murugan temple is became very famous & come more devotees. This is my dream, effort. I hope your will understand my feeling & sure you will help me.Now i am planning for coming thaipusam festival. I need your help.Here we don't get any

Murugan related songs. if you send i will give here to people to develop lord murugan popularity to local people.

if possible pls send cd through courier.

My address is given below:

C.Balasubramaniam

H.society No.5, Building No. 4,

" Ustav "  Block No.545, 

Veraval-362265,Gujarat,India

Ph:092767.4765.

I hope you will help me.

Awaiting for your reply.

thanking you

Murugan Saranam

Vetrivel Murugankku Arohara.

Bala.

On 11/09/2009, Sundararajan <yesyesrin wrote:

Dear Sir,

I can give web link reference or send you by mail for downlaoding..

Sundararajan

Beauty is His footprint showing us where He has passed - Aurobindo

--- On Fri, 11/9/09, laxmi bhatt <lpbhatt wrote: 

laxmi bhatt <lpbhattRe: No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani Date: Friday, 11 September, 2009, 11:02 AM

Dear Murgan Bhagta namaskar. I am from North India Distt Rudraprayag Near Kedarnath (uttarakhand) I am Bhagta of Lord Karthik. My Village have Karthik Temple I am Bhatt brahmen. every year in the months of June we are doing their yagya Skhanda Purana and every day we are doing sampurna Pooja. But I have no any Bhajan or songs in sanskrit. i don't know tamil. I request you if you are arrange some Bhajan songs at any cost i will thnkfull to you. Presently  I am at delhi. Murgan Help you

Kannan <vthamarai99@ >Re: No messages from our group members :(

dhandapani@gro ups.comThursday, 10 September, 2009, 4:14 PM

Dear All,

Muruga Saranam,

Kannan

S Meyyappan <smeyyappan (AT) gmail (DOT) com>Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009, 11:15 AM

Muruga Saranam

Muruga Saranam

With Best Regards

Meyyappan S

Stinger <stinger9oh >

Re: No messages from our group members :( [2 Attachments]dhandapani@gro ups.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Members,

While writing about this I googled " Murugan Mercury " and found the following footnote quote on Murugan.org:  " The forceful attribution of Muruga with Mars is clumsy at best, it stems from Sanskritizing attributions that taut him as the God of War. But his character is most definitely Mercurial in nature, and as the Greeks and Romans erected posts and shrines to honor Mercury at all junctions, we can see the relationship is more than superficial. "   (Tirumurugarruppadai or 'Guide to Lord Murugan' by Nakkira Deva Nayanar

English translation by Layne Little).  BTW, the roadposts he mentions were set up because Mercury was the God of merchants (mercatores in Latin) in Rome.  He is also the God of thieves.  Westerners have a hard time understanding that.  But in Bhagavad-Gita we are asked if it is possible to distinguish the slayer from the slain, and so here the seller from the thief.

To learn about yoga practice,living and philosophy, please visit my website

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000@ >

Re: No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comWednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:49 AM

samuraigokhale <samuraigokhale@ .co. in>

No messages from our group members :(dhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:30 PM

Muruga Saranam.Dear group members,For the last 2 weeks there is no messages from our scholarly Members. Please spend at least 10 minutes to post some useful information in this group. It will give knowledge to all.

In a group called MHO, the people are sending approximately 10 messages in an hour. Our group should reach to the people especially the young age people like me :) .For that I am requesting our administrator to take some actions and it will take the Greatness of Murugan Bhakthi everywhere.

I hope the administrator will take some effort for my request.Thanks/Regards,Anand Gokhale.