IndiaDivine.org

Singapore Thendayuthapani Temple Kumbabisegham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Murugan Devotees,

Singapore Sri Thendayuthapani Temple Consecration to be held on 27th November 2009, Friday between 10.00 to 10.30 AM.

Consecration invitation in Tamil : http://www.sttemple.com/Consec_Invite.jpg

Mandalabisegham Cultural Program details : http://www.sttemple.com/Consec09KalaiNiglBooklet.pdf

Live Web Telecast on friday 27.11.2009 from 8.30am (Singapore Time)

For more information, visit Temple website : www.sttemple.com

Om Muruga SaranamS.Nachiappan

dhandapani From: harimay43Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:26:10 -0800Re: What was Murugan trying to tell me

OHM! SIVASARAVANABAVA ! Our friend thought Lord Murugan sent him message which did not happen. We should know with out any doubt that He is with us all the time; He is every where; He knows want to give & when & how. One should simply pray " Lord Muruga ! please grant me devotion towards U & whatever u grant me -- give me strength to bear it with balanced mind....not to become very happy or sad. Anything happens --- good or bad--- we should learn to accept it as Murugan's Prasadams. In our friend case I know that Lord is going to grant him much, much better than what he wished. That is y He has not granted what he wished. This is simply because, our friend belongs to our Dhandapani group, where Lord's thiruvilaiyadalkal are being constantly discussed.

His Holiness Chaidanya Maharaj in his discourse on Srimath Bhagavadam says that we make 3 mistakes when we visit temples.

1. we think that God is existing in temples Idols only.

2. We pray for some favors without having faith that He knows what we want &

3. we offer some thing like, coconut, money etc & ask Him to grant our requests. OHM! SIVASARAVANABAVA ! HARIHARAN .V--- On Wed, 11/25/09, Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 > wrote:

Patricia Jay <patriciajay2000 >Re: What was Murugan trying to tell medhandapani Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 4:50 AM

I see what you mean. Your story reminds me of a very apt remark made by a former President of India Dr Radhakrishnan - "Indians are NOT God-fearing. ... they are God-LOVING". We like to associate the Supreme Lord in every important facet of our life. So it become a habit to read a lot of divinity into the most commonplace incidents.

Its a very good thing, and proves that Hinduism being a religion of immense choices - we CHOOSE to pray, to go to the temple, to make vows... - we voluntarily express our love by looking for the divinity's signals in every important thing we do.

Personally, in my opinion, I dont think Murugan was trying to say anything in your case. By and large, its destiny, and God has a hands-off attitude (He is a "Saakshi", a witness, that's all).

But it is also true that God has got the power to change your destiny. That his HIS/HER choice. And yes, we also have a choice, We can choose to pray to the Lord to grant us our wishes, no matter what destiny has in store for us. And YES, God is capable of granting us what we wish, no matter what destiny dictates. It all depends on our prayers and our sincerity.

Hope I have shed some light, and not confused you (or any of the readers).

Patricia

--- On Tue, 11/24/09, Ashok Chandrasekhar <ashokfam > wrote:

Ashok Chandrasekhar <ashokfam > What was Murugan trying to tell medhandapani@gro ups.comTuesday, November 24, 2009, 10:14 AM

A few days back I was thinking to myself that my son would make it to the second round of a scholarship application and at that very moment when I was thinking that, I got a call from the Murugan Temple (I had left them a message and they were returning my call). I was confident that my son would get it and Murugan had just given me the sign. My son did not make it. Was there something that Murugan was trying to tell me and I missed it? Normally when Murugan gives me a sign, it happens.Thanks

Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.