IndiaDivine.org

Beware of Evil Propaganda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devotees, I was surprised to read the below given (highlighted) e-mail posting in a named ‘Vishnu’.

This ‘Devotee’ has discovered ‘new avatars’ and ideologies for Lord Vishnu. All true devotees must be always vigilant against such types of evil propaganda by ‘disguised elements’ .

Each Vishnu avatara proceeded holding aloft the banner of Vedic dharma fortified by divine strength, inspired by the strength of his own universal self. Vishnu has clearly entrusted with Brahmins, the duties to learn and practise the solemn and holy verses of the Vedas, and the chanting of mantras to God. Jagadguru

Shankaracharia had encouraged the Brahmins to devote to the duties allotted to them. In one place of his commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, the Acharya writes, “ Vedic religion is protected if Brahmin-hood is protected”. From this we learn the extent of his goodwill for the efforts directed towards the Brahminism. The fact that the Brahmins have helped immensely the work of protecting vedic religion as the upholders and preachers of it, has to be admitted .

Shankaracharia proved that Lord Buddha’s spiritual practice was in accordance with the Vedic injunctions and that he attained unqualified supreme knowledge. Buddha had also preached the Vedic truth and the eightfold spiritual practice. It is because they had not properly understood the instructions and the life of Lord Buddha that Buddhists were preaching their theories against the Vedas.

The modern religions that have been propagated in this world so far have mainly spread through the patronage of government in power. Only in the case of the propagation of Vedic religion that we find an exception.

The following excerpts explain Kalki Avatar.

..... At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher castes, and when the power of government is transferred to the hands of ministers elected from the low-born shudra class or those less than them, and when nothing is known about the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Lord Vishnu - the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the spiritual master of all moving and nonmoving living beings, and the Supreme Soul of all--takes birth to protect the principles of religion and to relieve His saintly devotees from the reactions of material work. Lord Kalki will appear in the home of the most eminent brahmana of the Sambhala village, the great soul Visnuyasa .

Thereafter, at the conjunction of the two yugas, the Lord of creation will take His birth as the Kalki awatara and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers.

Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared to dress as rulers.

After all the imposter rulers have been killed, the residents of the cities and towns will feel the breezes carrying the most sacred fragrance of the sandalwood paste and other decorations of Lord Vasudeva , and their minds will thereby become transcendentally pure . When Lord Vasudeva , the Supreme Personality of Godhead, appears in their hearts in His transcendental form of goodness, the remaining citizens will abundantly repopulate the earth . When the Supreme Lord has appeared on earth as Kalki, the maintainer of religion, Saya-yuga will begin, and human society will bring forth progeny in the mode of goodness .

When the moon, the sun and Brahaspati are together in the constellation Karkata, and all three enter simultaneously into the lunar mansion Pusya--at that exact moment the age of Satya-yuga (Krita-yuga), will begin.

Regards,

Jayamma.

-----------

vishnu , kpety <no_reply> wrote:

I was just browsing other newsgroups relating to the ten avatars of Lord Vishnu, after my rather longish discussion on another forum about "duty v/s renunciation". And I came upon something which stunned me.

Most of my discussion on the forum involved the Buddha. And some members on that and another forum said that Lord Vishnu incarnated as the Buddha to stop the Brahminical malpractices (like animal

sacrifice) under the guise of the Vedas. In order to do so he disowned the Vedas and advocated renunciation.But my point of view was that knowing human nature, the Buddha's sermons probably did not influence the Brahmins who were carrying out the malpractices. It only influenced people from other walks of life like the Kshatriyas who renounced their duties as warriors and instead adopted misplaced compassion. So wasn't Buddha's purpose in vain???

Then while browsing other newsgroups, I came upon one which said that Prophet Mohammad (the founder of Islam) was the tenth (Kalki)avatar of Lord Vishnu. Just consider,

for a moment, that this is true (I know he is supposed to be born at the end of Kali Yuga, butjust hold on for a while). Then everything fits in.It was a classic 1-2 knockout punch. As Buddha he first created a religion which softened up the Kshatriyas who the protected the Brahmins. And then as the Prophet, the founder of Islam, he created a religion, which delivered the actual death blow to the Brahmins.

Look what the Islamic invaders of India raided. They looted and

destroyed the temples which were the place of Brahmins (and where the Brahmins had stashed away riches). This has the Vishnu/Krishna's stamp on it. It's exactly what Krishna would have done. First make the enemy vulnerable, then go in for the kill. eg. During the Kurukshetra war, he deceived Jayadratha into believing that the sun had set, thus drawing him out, making him vulnerable, then asking Arjuna to go in for the kill, slay him.Classic 1-2 knockout punch.Now it makes sense.

Look at the description of the Kalki avatar which we know. He will be a warrior on horseback with a sword in his arm. It is really difficult to imagine horseback warriors in our modern times or in the future. So has the tenth avatar of Vishnu already taken place and did he really destroy Brahminism and Vedas because they had usurped too much power???

Is this why the Prophet Mohammed banned his followers from depicting images of himself?? Because it would depict him as a horseback warrior with sword?? And as far as the part of the tenth avatar being born at the end of Kali Yuga goes, I did some research... and here I came up to another alternative explanation.

Please visit http://baharna.com/karma/yuga.htm And scroll down to the section "Variant Interpretations of Hindu Chronology" and then to Sri Yukteshwar's variant of the yugas in Hinduism.

If we take his interpretation to be true, then it places Prophet Mohammed at the approximate time period of the Kali Yuga.It is probably too far out and a little sacrilegeous too, and I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to stay on this newsgroup after this.But I guess I have to air my point of view somewhere. Also, I'm all tired after my long "duty v/s renunciation" debate with a member of that group and I have better things to do with my time than to get into another debate. So just take this

post as just another possibile opinion (however far out).

kpety

--- End forwarded message ---