IndiaDivine.org

Maya's Delusion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hémãkśaram Dedicated toHis Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedänta Swämi Srila PrabhupädaFounder-Achärya: International Society for Krishna Consciousness Maya's Delusion

Dear Friends, During the fight for Sita, Ravana felt that he wasn't going to win. So he went down to the lower planetary systems where Bali has his abode. He thought, “I'm not winning this battle, so let me get the help of Bali, the King of the demons.” So he went way down to the bottom of the universe where Bali is, and he tried to have a word with him. Bali asked, “What are you doing here?” Ravana replied, “There's a tough fight up there. I'm fighting this human.” Bali said, “But you're a great Rakshasa. How could you have trouble fighting an ordinary human being?” Ravana replied, “I don't know, but this person called Rama is displaying so many mystic powers, He has a huge army of monkeys and bears, so I'm having difficulty.” Bali said, “You are fighting Lord Ramachandra! You fool! He's the Supreme Personality of Godhead,

He's not an ordinary man.” Ravana said, “What are you talking about? He's just an ordinary mortal. He's just a foolish person. All I need is a little help from you and I can defeat Him.” And as much as Bali tried to preach to him, he couldn't understand the glories of Lord Ramachandra. Bali said, “You'd better give up the fight now, because if you don't, you're going to lose everything. My advice to you is that you give Sita back to Ramachandra and stop the fight to save your life and your family and everything else.” Even then, Ravana couldn't get over his pride. So in order to try and impress upon him the greatness of the Lord, Bali said, “Come take a walk with me.” So they walked outside of the kingdom, and they saw a huge and beautiful mountain. The mountain was made of gold and encrusted with thousands of huge diamonds. “Look at this,” Bali said. “I'm going to give this to you, but only if you can lift it first.” Ravana tried,

but although he was amazingly powerful, he could just barely get it off the ground. Try as he might, he couldn't lift the mountain of diamonds. Then Bali said, “Now step back a little and take a better look at it. What does it look like?” Ravana noticed, “It looks something like an earring, and earring studded with many beautiful diamonds.” So Bali said, “Yes, that's right. This is the earring of Hiranyakashipu. During the fight between Hiranyakashipu and Lord Nrsimha, this earring fell down here. In your previous birth you were Hiranyakashipu, and the Lord killed you. You were much more powerful than you are now. You can't even pick up this earring that you used to wear. Now Vishnu has come again, and He will surely kill you.” But even after that demonstration, Ravana couldn't understand. He left, he went back to the fight and as we know, he was defeated. Moral: Under the influence of Maya, the Lord's indomitable material energy,

we get infatuated by our own ability, which is just a miniscule compared to that of the Lord. Hope you enjoyed this edition of the Hémãkśaram. For any correspondence, you are invited to write to vedicvisions. Do allow a couple of days for a reply. Haribol!Humbly yours,Friends of Lord Krishna.

Please Chant:Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare HareAnd Be Happy.

If you are interested in the subject matter, get in touch with:INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR KRISHNA CONSCIOUSNESSHare Krishna Hill,Chord Road,Bangalore-560 010.Phone: 23578346, 23471956.(Web: www.iskconbangalore.org)

UnYou have received this message on voluntary request, or on the recommendation of someone. If at all you want to from Hémãkśaram, please mail us at vedicvisions (AT) (DOT) co.in (even a blank mail will do). Please do include “Un” in the subject. As long as this message is included, Hémãkśaram cannot be considered as SPAM.

vote. - Register online to vote today!