IndiaDivine.org

Saint Chaithanya saw Lord Krishna everywhere

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

A biographer refers to an extraordinary incident of two saintly persons crossing a river in a boat. Both had written books on the same religious topic. One of them compared his work with the other and suddenly turned sad. Asked for this change, he replied ``your treatise is far superior than mine and people will read only yours and not mine'' . The other immediately threw away his text into water to mollify the other's feelings. This noble soul was Chaitanya Mahabraphu, who spread his cult of Krishna consciousness and carried the eternally burning torch of truth and justice proclaiming to the world, the power of the Divine Name. His ecstatic dance and chanting Krishna's name and propagating the method of congregational singing of Krishna's glory used to touch the heart of everyone.

Chaitanya's religious life unfolds the efficacy of devotion. This Krishna- intoxicated missionary, who, by his message of ''Krishna Bhakthi,'' influenced the lives of the masses, travelled (from Bengal) to the south, visiting even Rameswaram. His reputed eight-versed hymn, ``Sikshashtaka,'' beckons us to cultivate humility.

Explaining the contents of this contribution by Chaitanya, Swami Brahmeshananda said in a lecture that Nemai, as he was called in his pre- monastic days, asks men to show absolute humility. ''By this quality, far lowlier than that of a blade of grass, by forbearance more enduring than that of the patient tree, seeking no honour for self, showing respect to others, thus should one prove worthy to chant the name of Hari''. The apostle adds: '' I covet no wealth, nor retinue, nor even lovely poesy. Let me only hug you to my heart.''

Krishna's name resounded everywhere and people joined in the saint's Bhajans rendered in chorus with other devotees. Some miscreants, for whom it was all noise, complained to the Muslim chief of his township, who immediately prohibited these spiritual gatherings in public streets. Chaitanya was bold enough to oppose such restrictions on his devotional activities and ignored the Kazi's order. Later, watching the ecstasy displayed by the groups, the Kazi too was transformed and withdrew his command.

The missionary lived in Puri during the later years of his life and trained disciples. He was of the view that renunciation was important to reach Krishna . He saw Lord Krishna everywhere and Swami Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was of the view that Chaitanya was a celestial on earth to teach men how to love Krishna . As a scholar, as a visionary, and as one of the greatest religious leaders, he is venerated all over India .

Please Chant:Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare HareAnd Be Happy.