IndiaDivine.org

Lord Krishna's own ways

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

In all our epics and puranas (two epics, 18 puranas and 18 upa-puranas ) ardent devotees will notice a lot of apparent unpredictable ways indulged in by Lord Krishna. We reach the conclusion that the Lord has His own ways of favouring devotees !Gajendra saved : Kuvalayaapeetam killed

For instance, Lord Narayana rushed to provide help to His devotee the elephant king Gajendra which waged an uneven battle with a powerful crocodile rendered more powerful in its natural habitat, the water. In providing liberation to Gajendra the Lord was also kind in offering salvation to the crocodile, a celestial being under a curse.

Lord Sri Krishna destroyed mercilessly another elephant by name Kuvalayaapeetam that was set to kill him. It was the tyrant Kamsa's royal elephant goaded and maddened by its mahout for that specific purpose. Whereas it took about a thousand years for the Lord to rescue Gajendra from its travails, it took Sri Krishna only a few moments to destroy Kuvalayaapeetam .Putana & Draupad!

Again , when the demon Putana suckled baby Krishna with her poisonous breasts He killed her but gave her eternal salvation. But, Lord Krishna allowed His devotee Draupadi to suffer the painful humiliation before saving her at the last moment. Both Krishna and Draupadi looked upon the other as sibling. Krishna called her His younger sister whom He loved most affectionately. She also looked upon the Lord as her elder brother. Later, after the end of the great Kurukshetra war, Sri Krishna expressed His sincere feelings of regret to His close associate Uddhava that He would never be able to forgive Himself for having let down Draupadi suffer so badly ! The epic records that the Supreme Godhead Sri Krishna was in tears in this context !

Pandavas & Sudhama

Lord Krishna called His devotes Pandavas as His very life's breath - ' Mama Praanaahi Paandavaah' Duryodhana questioned why He ( Sri Krishna) refused his hospitality. "You are also related to me. I am not your enemy. Why then did you refuse my invitation to be my guest? - asked Duryodhana.Sri Krishna replied , " May be what you say is true. But, you treat the Pandavas as your worst enemies. They are my very life. Therefore, I cannot treat you as a friend. If I accept your hospitality, I will be placing myself under obligation to you, unnecessarily. That is why, I had to refuse your hospitality! "

But then, Sri Krishna allowed His great devotee Sudhama (Kuchela) to suffer the worst imaginable privations before blessing him with unimaginable prosperity and plenty ! The Rukmi Episode

When the wicked Rukmi persuaded Sri Krishna at the time of his sister's (willing) abduction by Sri Krishna and challenged Him to do battle with him, Sri Krishna defeated him easily and was about to kill him when, at the request of His beloved Rukmani, He spared him, but, only after humiliating . However, much later, when His elder brother Balarama killed Rukmi for cheating in a game of dice, Sri Krishna stood as a silent spectator.Om Namo Narayanaya!

Narayana's Dasi, Jayamma

-----

NB- Excerpt of an article

Take Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.