IndiaDivine.org

Lesson - B9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Brilliant Suns In the Land "The Ultimate Self Realization Course, Lesson B9by His Grace Sriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari Under the all-merciful guidance of His Divine GraceSri Srimad A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

The science of Krishna consciousness, the ultimate self-realization system, is not simply academic; it is tangibly lived and experienced at every second. Therefore it is quite appropriate that we can understand the science as it is tangibly experienced in the context of transcendental events.

When one is fully absorbed in Krishna consciousness one is submerged in an ocean of ever-increasing bliss and knowledge that totally surrounds you in all times, places and circumstances. Neither static nor stagnant, Krishna consciousness is dynamic, ever-fresh, and ever-increasing. It's not that once one becomes Krishna conscious, realizes the Absolute Truth that it becomes a closed book. No. It is quite to the contrary. The more one realizes Krishna the more newer and newer realizations flood one's consciousness with ever-increasing sweetness and frequency.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Why is this mantra so enlivening that I have been able to keep chanting it every day for 33 years deriving ever-increasing pleasure? The answer is simple. God is absolute and everything in relation with Him is of the same absolute nature. Therefore He and His name are one and the same. When you chant the name "Krishna" you are directly associating with the Supreme Personality Godhead, the Ultimate Source from Whom everything is emanating at every second.

In this connection there is the example of one of the greatest saints in the history of the universe, named Rupa Goswami. He was fully immersed in Krishna consciousness 24 hours a day. When he was chanting he was thinking, "I have only one tongue and two ears. What can I appreciate of chanting? If I could have millions of tongues and trillions of ears, then I could relish something by chanting and hearing." What does this mean? Just imagine if I offered you an

entire warehouse of the most delicious delicacies from every type of cuisine in the world, thousands and thousands of absolutely tantalizing tongue treats. It would be possible for you to enjoy only a very small number of the various dishes. However if you had one million tongues and one million stomachs you could savor each and every preparation to your fully satisfaction.

The point here is that there is so much nectar in one pure utterance of the name "Krishna" that the entire universe cannot contain it. Therefore the life of one who seriously adopts the life of Krishna consciousness is inconceivably ecstatic. It is a life of ever-increasing happiness at every minute. It does not matter what your occupational duty is. Whether one is a saint, a school teacher, a student, a doctor, a lawyer, a housewife, or a newspaper distribution manager one can taste the highest happiness of ultimate self-realization by offering everything to Krishna . There is no charge to embark upon this supreme journey. The only price you have to pay is to have a little faith that beyond the suffering of material existence there has to exist a dimension where all is sublime. If you are a skeptic, that's alright. Make an experiment. Give Krishna consciousness an open-minded try. If you so do, you will experience results far, far beyond your grandest expectations.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari