IndiaDivine.org

Sincere devotion will please Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pranam to all Vaishnavas,

Sincere devotion will please Lord Krishna

Does Krishna judge and grant favours only on the basis of the conduct of austerities and religious rites by His devotees? Should one's faith in His supreme powers be demonstrated only by an ostentatious display of these spiritual exercises? Far from it . These religious duties will certainly take one nearer Krishna. But the

benevolent Krishna will be highly pleased if an uneducated, unsophisticated layman offers His prostrations by simple means like placing a flower at the feet of the idol in which he believes Krishna exists. Any sincere attempt will surely fetch response and rewards from Krishna, the ‘Bhaktapriya’. What is needed is to show the intensity and depth of one's devotional fervour and not extravagant and pompous methods, only to invite the attention of

others.

‘Vaishnavites praise the glory of Krishna in different forms, visit His temples, recite the Bhagavatam and other hymns and spend their time also at their respective residences, observing vows. On ‘Ekadasi and ‘Janmastami‘ days , they dedicate themselves totally on which occasions, they know that Krishna will remove their ignorance and darkness surrounding them and show them the light, making them experience Bliss. They stick to the dictum that while one goes about earning wealth and food, one should also visualise Krishna residing within.

As Tirukkural says ``Many are poor and weak, many do not care for penance. Only a few observe enduring austerity. Brighter and brighter like gold purified in fire, souls who bear the varying pains of penance, shine``. Scriptures refer to the details as to in what manner people should offer their salutations and how the night has been divided into four periods and what is the most auspicious time among them.

Lord Krishna says ``A cry for protection, be it from a friend or foe, draws forth My instant response. I declare firmly and resolutely, that the duty of giving refuge to a tormented soul who seeks My help is paramount to Me. Should however the person turn inimical to Me, the tip of My little finger can crush him and any other adversary, however formidable. Even one who is antagonistic towards Me, who sues for peace and protection with hands folded in supplication, is entitled to compassion. Absolute surrender invalidates the merits of the case. It is My solemn covenant that I stand by anyone who surrenders his all to Me.

Let him take shelter in Me alone as the highest Divinity and I shall then deliver him from all sins and bondages. He should thereafter live a life of pure devotion.''

Krishna is moving amidst even common men, bring hope and cheer to everyone who may feel that having erred in so many ways, he may not be entitled to approach Him. Many are the paths prescribed in the scriptures but they may be hard to understand and impossible of adoption owing to restrictions and observances enjoined for them. The fruit to be obtained by pursuing them may also be at too great a distance. Hence the assurances of Lord Krishna, arising from His boundless mercy, put an end to the sorrows of all those who surrender, pleading that they are helpless and that Krishna alone should be their saviour.

Such a step of taking refuge in Him, adopted without any doubt Lord Krishna's powers, by anyone makes the Lord assume the responsibility to save him. After their surrendering at His feet, the penitent should abide by the scriptural injunctions governing his conduct and day-to-day activities till the final call comes. Such a procedure will surely lead him to Krishna's Kingdom, never to come back to this world of turmoil. There, in Krishna’s land, he can engage himself in doing service to the Lord. What more commitment can Krishna give to the men in distress?

A devotee should know his relationship with Krishna and digest the contents of the scriptures and get rid of the hindrances preventing him from reaching the goal - of resting in peace after salvation. The Vedas and allied utterances clearly indicate who alone can deliver him from his sins and lead him to the Moksha. The remedy is to obtain the grace and favour of Krishna, the Supreme Lord, whose clarion call is ``Offer

surrender to Me''. While acknowledging Lord Krishna’s powers to grant reprieve there should be no hatred against any one else.

Lord Krishna says in Gita, Chapter 8, Sloka 22 :

purusah sa parah partha / bhaktya labhyas tv ananyayayasyantah-sthani bhutani / yena sarvam idam tatam( O Partha, I am that Supreme Person in whom all beings are situated, and by whom, as Antaryami, this whole

world is pervaded. I am attained only by ananya bhakti. )

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA!!!

Krishna’s Dasi, Jayamma

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'