IndiaDivine.org

Sri Krishna assigns certain duties to His devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pranam to all Vaishnavas,

Sri Krishna assigns certain duties to His devotee

Success or failure is not uncommon to a person but usually, if, in certain times, his hopes are dashed to the ground and his aspirations are dampened, when his efforts do not yield the expected results, he will get demoralised. Despair invariably leads to frustration. Dauntless enterprise is at the root of prosperity and gateway to happiness. Never should a man entertain depression and all plans should be pursued, with deep faith in Sri Krishna.

One of the causes for a man's grief is his limitless desires, which when not getting fulfilled, result in various problems. It is difficult to satisfy a man's all needs though hope acts as a stimulus to enthusiasm. Instead of displaying one's jealousy at another's prosperity, it is necessary to be contented and try to work towards progress. Hope is the fulfiller of all good causes.

The Ramayana presents a picture of the pensive mood of one of the most brilliant characters when his efforts, despite his extraordinary prowess, become futile initially but he does not give room for dejection. When Anjaneya, in quest of Sita, could not locate Her, a strange pessimism lays hold on him. He imagined that She might have been dead or kept hidden in an inaccessible place. However, he picks up courage and wants to make another determined effort, with unflagging zeal to search for Her again. Again, he does not succeed and grief overtakes him and he cogitates on the possibilities.

Being an instrument of Lord Krishna , His devotee is assigned certain roles, the choice being the Almighty's. No doubt, Lord Krishna needs no help from anyone yet in His incarnation as Rama , He had caused Anjaneya to locate Sita and the devotee, during his mission, found himself in certain embarrassing situations while his mind remained pure. As he could not see Sita anywhere in the palace and other places, he thought of various possibilities and of the consequences if he went back to Rama and reported to Him about his inability to achieve the task. ``If I tell Rama that I could not discover Her, the cruel words conveying such a bad tiding would plunge Him into grief and sap His life out. On seeing Him in such an unbearable shock

and if He resolved upon death, Lakshmana would not outlive Him. There will be further repercussions and so many devotees of Rama will also throw away their lives. I shall not go back but shall remain here (in Lanka) leading the life of an anchorite, sustaining myself on whatever becomes available''. However he felt that nothing could be achieved by dying and with courage, life was bound to be crowned with felicity. Then he undertook to search the ``Ashoka Vana'' where he saw Sita devi.

Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 4, Sloka 11 :

ye yatha mam prapadyante / tams tathaiva bhajamy ahammama vartmanuvarttante / manusyah partha sarvasah( O Partha! All of them - as they surrender unto Me and perform My service, I reward them accordingly. Everyone follows My path in all respects. )

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA!!!

Krishna’s Dasi, Jayamma