IndiaDivine.org

Worship of Krishna's 'Archa Vigrahas'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

The 'Archa Vigrahas' of Vaishnava temples are to be consecrated in strict accordance with the 'AGAMAS'. In certain temples, idols of other devatas like Shiva, Sasta, Ganesha or Durga are installed as the Parivara devatas around the Pradakshina route and elsewhere. But, Buddha , Jaina, Jesus Christ etc are not allowed inside the premises of Vaishnava temples.

Since Krishna is very much accessible to His devotees, they can worship Him at home using His 'Archa Vigrahas'(preferably not bigger than 6 inches)or Photos. Numerous devotees of Krishna have realised Him by such worship coupled with the sincere chanting of His divine names.

Sri Krishna clarifies in Srimad Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 12( Bhakti-Yoga) :

VERSE- 2

sri bhagavan uvacamayy avesya mano ye mam / nitya-yukta upasatesraddaya parayopetas / te me yuktatama matah

(Sri Bhagavan said: Those devotees, who with transcendental faith, fix their mind on My Syamasundara form, and constantly worship Me with ananya bhakti, are the best among those who know yoga. This is My opinion)

VERSE- 5

kleso' dhikataras tesam / avyaktasakta-cetasamavyakta hi gatir duhkham / dehavadbhir avapyate

(Those whose minds are attached to the nirvisesa-brahma-svarupa experience great difficulty, for it is troublesome for the embodied jivas to attain steadiness in that which is unmanifest.)

Krishnadaya

nihar singh <nihar_singh76> wrote:> > >Unbonafide images are still worshiped in all the> >religion including the Hindus.Although the Hindus are> >popular for deity worship,there are nearly 50%> >unbonafide idol and mode of worship> > Just out of curiosity what constitutes this 50 %.> Hindus can be accused of worshipping just about> everything from the devas to the gandharvas to the> demigods. They make bonafide idols of these higher> beings and worship them. These idols are based on> information in the scripture. These higher beings very> much exist and belong to higher planets.> You can argue that these beings should not be> worshipped and only Krishna should be worshipped.

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'