IndiaDivine.org

Sri Krishna's Divine grace bestows success

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pranam to all Vaishnavas,

Sri Krishna’s Divine grace bestows success

When a person is blessed with Sri Krishna’s divine grace he can succeed in an enterprise by surmounting obstacles. While other requisites which are necessary to accomplish the task have to be also fulfilled, the clinching fact in ensuring success is Krishna's grace. The scriptural texts are replete with instances of how those who were devoted to Krishna and reposed total faith in His dispensation had the enduring grace of the Lord to help them over setbacks in their lives and developed the strength of mind to face the vicissitudes of life.

The Mahabharata portrays this truth through the lives of the Pandavas and Kauravas. During the Mahabharata war Duryodana's army consisted of valiant warriors like Bheeshma, Drona and Karna but the Pandavas had an advantage over the Kauravas because they were fortunate to have Lord Krishna on their side, who assumed the role of Arjuna's charioteer. This was a singular instance of His grace which protected them in the battlefield.

Karna intuited this formidable edge Arjuna had when the mantle of leading the Kaurava army fell on his shoulders after the fall of Bheeshma and Drona. When Duryodana sought Karna and expressed his wish to make him the commander of his army he was overjoyed as this was the moment he had been waiting for all along in his life - to repay the debt of gratitude and love which he owed Duryodana. With all eagerness he accepted the responsibility and the 16th day of the great war raged fiercely with heavy losses on both the sides but nothing significant transpired.

When Duryodana and Karna took stock of the situation that night Karna pointed out that Arjuna had a decisive edge over him which had to be set right to ensure their success. Both were equally matched. But he cautioned, ``Now I will tell you why Arjuna is superior to me. His bow is divine and his quivers are inexhaustible. Arjuna's chariot is also divine. His horses are divine and his banner has the great Hanuman presiding over it. And above all Sri Krishna, the protector of the universe, is holding the reins of his horses. These three things make him the

superior fighter... I have no good charioteer. If I have Salya as my charioteer, I am sure to win the war.''

Karna knew in his heart of hearts that Arjuna would win due to Krishna’s grace but this did not deter him from doing the best possible under the circumstances. His sense of duty and gratitude to Duryodana gave him the right frame of mind to fight but he was wise enough to know that he could not win against Krishna’s divine grace.

Srimad Bhagavad Gita,Chapter 18, Sloka 78 :

(yatra yogesvarah krsno / yatra partho dhanurdharahtatra srir vijayo bhutir / dhruva nitir matir mama)(Wherever there is Sri Krishna, the master of all yoga, and wherever there is Partha, the wielder of the bow, there will surely be opulence, victory, prosperity and righteousness. This is my definite opinion.)

OM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA!!!

Krishna’s Dasi, Jayamma

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'